It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was A Deluded 9/11 Truther

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by joinreality

You may find this interesting

Dan Rather CBS – FBI Involvement in 1993 WTC Bombing

deadlinelive.info...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
10 years on, the "debate" still continues.

One side, the "truthers" i.e. those that don't believe the official story, for whatever reasons, will continue to insist on their case because they didn't get what they want, some members of the US government of the day being penalised for the events of that day September 11, 2001.

But it is funny to see the "debunkers" instisting that the official version or some variant of it, with the Islamic Terrorists being the common core, be accepted after they got everything they wanted. US acted and continues act exactly as if the official version is the truth. So after 10 years and no new evidence why are the "debunkers" desperate to convince the "truthers" that the official version is the truth? What exactly are they afraid will happen if the "truthers" don't accept that version of the events?

By the way there is a related set of events that no one seems to be interested in discussing, the anthrax attacks. I didn't see any conspiracy theories about it either. It is another interesting set of events where some were killed the whole country was terrorised but no one got penalised. Wonder how many believe the official story regarding that.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Are you are troll? OR a disinfo agent?

EdwardCurrent is the biggest atheist troll on the internet, i don't know if you've watched any of his video's but i take it you have. Or maybe you are him?

Why on earth you would believe he was ever a real 9/11 truther is beyond me.

For all the people who Star'd this topic it seem's that their's more brainwashed people on ATS than i thought.

BUT REMEMBER, THE GOVERNMENT LOVES YOU! AND THAT'S WHY THEY PUT FLUORIDE IN YOUR WATER.

edit on 16-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Did i forget to mention EdwardCurrent is a government SHILL?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

So after 10 years and no new evidence why are the "debunkers" desperate to convince the "truthers" that the official version is the truth? What exactly are they afraid will happen if the "truthers" don't accept that version of the events?

Because there is a very small segment of society that will use lies as a basis for some radical action.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Because only a small segment of society has a clue of what the heck's going on.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by Observor

So after 10 years and no new evidence why are the "debunkers" desperate to convince the "truthers" that the official version is the truth? What exactly are they afraid will happen if the "truthers" don't accept that version of the events?

Because there is a very small segment of society that will use lies as a basis for some radical action.

How is it a lie not to believe a specific explanation for events that don't sound convicing to that person?

Interesting that you chose not to respond to the part about the anthrax attacks. Do you believe the official explanation for them? More interestingly how did everyone in the US including the press and "truthers" lose interest in them a couple of weeks after when it took the FBI 7 years to come out with a person to blame it on and that too after the guy committed suicide, while everyone is still "debating" the WTC attacks?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
He did it and admitted it, sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one. I think the incident is so unbelievable that people naturally look for other ways to explain it. Just like how in old times seemingly miraculous stuff was explained away as magic. Sometimes you just gotta except it for what it is.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ahhh YouTube, the most credible source of information in the world...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The stuff about holographic planes is implausible, yes; controlled demolition theory however, isn't.

I might even be willing accept the jet fuel pancake theory, even though it is completely inconsistent with any other building demolition that has every happened before; but unfortunately there are other major problems with the official story, which aren't related to the towers themselves.

There was virtually no debris whatsoever at Shanksville, and no major debris at the Pentagon either. Very little footage or photographic evidence of the Pentagon bombing has also been released. If their story is true, and they have nothing to hide, then why is that?
edit on 16-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs

Here's the rub: If the OS is true, then the situation is quite simple. You stop invading other countries and bombing the # out of them. You stop raping their natural resources. You stop imposing your politics and/or religion onto them. Then there will be no more threat.

Instead, we have Governments who openly acknowledge the terrorist threat and then do the exact opposite of what is needed to end it. i.e. Fight fire with fire. The only rational conclusions are that they are either: A. conpletely incompetent - possible but not likely on such a large scale IMO; B. So brainwashed by religion, capitalist ideals and emotion from the event that they can't think clearly - highly likely; C. Lying to us - Probable IMO based on just how many times and on the scale that it happens.

Here's another way they could engage us in real discussions about world politics: Tell us "Ok, we are invading Iraq. This has nothing to do with 9/11. Nothing to do with terrorism. The fact is, right now we need the oil". If they said that yeah people would be pissed off, but at least we'd know the truth and be able to make informed decisions. But that is not what happens.

I'm not sure it is that simple. Although I absolutely agree that the subsequent wars have only damaged the US's image in the ME and beyond.

The problem is that in resource terms capitalism decides how your politicians and business interests act. You may be annoyed at foreign wars but most Americans vote with their pocket and want their standard of living maintained. It's all very well wanting an ethical foreign policy but not many US citizens feel like ditching their cars or flatscreen TVs.

Your point about the conspiracy being a nice simple little viewpoint is complete BS by the way. The conspiracy theory is at least if not more complicated than the OS and still involves international relations between almost every country. Your comparison is not valid.

I don't mean that it's simple in terms of its execution. Quite the reverse - it's needlessly and impossibly complicated. What I mean is that it simplifies a complex set of psychological and narrative needs that people seem to have. In some cases there seems to be a very real requirement to feel protected - even if only by nefarious white people - instead of being at the mercy of the frightening brown foreigner. But really it's about tidying the narrative into a neat beginning, middle and end. They seek Jungian closure and they get it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Whew, this is turned into a nasty little thread. Never posted on a 911 thread before.
Anyway, had multiple replies to my posts, and only read two.....

......I presume you have responded to my question of "why do you stay, if you think your country is capable of these crimes". You state you remain because you love the country. I can appreciate that. I love it too.

This concludes my participation in a 911 thread.

Have a nice evening, folks.

bless you for trying LiW

not that I've ever been a saint here or anything but you've got more patience & civility then I

Kudos & Peace,
-Bob

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

"Massive amounts of debris" is arguable but thats not his point. His point was regarding fires that "burned uncontrollably".

He's wrong.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SemperGumby

Zero. WTC 7 was hit by exactly zero planes.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xBWOMPx

He has a strong point. To deny him his point is perpetuance of ignorance. HIS behavior is what this forum is about. It is a model we should all emulate.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
All those exclamations and fantastic sets from those who produced the official story and presently apologize for it are of course very suspicious.

Massive amounts of debris hit WTC7. Super-heated fuel downed the towers. The Shanksville plane crashed at 580 mph there was a stupendous explosion and disintegration which explains the lack of plane debris. The Pentagon airliner hit the wall of the Pentagon at 530 mph, there was another incredible explosion out of Hollywood and the plane practically vaporized. And so on. It´s purely Fantasyland mixed in with heavenly faith-based frame of reasoning.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

The damage and fires were not consistent between the two towers, yet the result of the collapses were identical.

Just wanted to point that out, as it is an important point to remember.

Yep.

And NIST explained just how and why 2 was closer to collapse after the plane impacts than was 1. And therefore needed less fire damage for the building to reach its critical level of damage.

Off center and higher velocity impacts resulted in more eccentric loading.

And the fact that they both collapsed "identical" is evidence that when a building of this construction specifics collapses due to plane impacts and fire damage, that the construction design and specifics result in a pretty much straight down natural collapse.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

WTC 7 collapsed because it was the only building in history to burn "uncontrolled". Ahhh, so thaaaaats why.

No.

That's not why.

7 collapsed because it is the only example of a building to burn uncontrlled by fire fighters that ALSO had the following features:

1- a huge gash in it that allowed air in freely
2- a huge gash in it that allowed the fires to spread from floor to floor MUCH easier than an intact building
3- had long span floor beams that were assymetrically framed
4- had floor connections that weren't designed to offset the effects of thermal expansion in said floor beams.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ultimately, the topic is a moot point. History will continue to be written that two sides of this story exist. Eventually, everyone responsible or with key knowledge of these events will fade into that history. Conjecture will always rear where opinion resides. Regardless, many people lost their lives.

Those whom feel it was due to Political Terrorism have a responsibility to leave the country as they have lost their faith, however warranted.

Those whom feel it was due to Theistic Terrorism have a responsibility to stay within the county own the outcome, be it sink or swim.

At the end of the day, we are all Americans, current resident country not withstanding. Therefore, both parties have a responsibility to uphold each and every aspect of the constitution. I'm looking at you "Free Speech".

Opinionated rhetoric should not berate and abuse your fellow Americans. I say that those whom take away the right of any American to actively speak their mind, without the fear of being ostracized, is a True Terrorist.

OP, I respect your right to feel the way you feel. Whether I disagree or not will only further illicit argument, which will not change history. Speak your mind, but please do your best to be a good American and set an example for others by not perpetuating ignorance.

/all911threads

edit on 16-9-2011 by ahybrid because: Correcting Grammatical Errors

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Joey Canoli

I'm referring to the premise made by the former truther in the video...

Originally posted by Joey Canoli
7 collapsed because it is the only example of a building to burn uncontrlled by fire fighters that ALSO had the following features:

1- a huge gash in it that allowed air in freely
2- a huge gash in it that allowed the fires to spread from floor to floor MUCH easier than an intact building
3- had long span floor beams that were assymetrically framed
4- had floor connections that weren't designed to offset the effects of thermal expansion in said floor beams.

Thats odd. I thought it collapsed due to the pre-planted explosives.
edit on 16-9-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join