It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was A Deluded 9/11 Truther

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Is it just me, or do people get extremely defensive when people question truthers?

Ive seen so many accusations of "you believe anything the government tells you!". Why im not sure. I certainly distrust my government and certainly dont believe everything they tell me. That being said, pulling off 9/11 simply to make war is preposterous.

There is overwhelming evidence that the Bush administration overlooked important intel that would have allowed them to prevent 9/11. If it was simply justification for them to invade Iraq, somthing MUCH less complicated could have been cooked up as a false flag. There simply was no need for the massive operation undertaken. An anthrax attack on US citizens blamed on Iraq (thus justfiying the WMD claims) would have sufficed.

Another poster made a good point. If this was all justifcation to go to war, why did the US not "plant" WMD in Iraq to bolster their claims? It would have certainly made the Bush administration look like gold. Seems like a simple little thing to do after pulling off the massive 9/11 operation.

So to review things. I dislike the US government, but i dont for a minute believe they orchestrated 9/11.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

The vid has been removed from Youtube - I guess we can't see...

CJ

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I am happy to see people are finally waking up. There comes a point when God given critical analysis and intellect triumphs over a misplaced sense of justice and a need to believe. For many, the subconscious denial and selective thinking necessitated by those strong emotions has run its course. One runs out of straws to grasp when those straws always run contrary to fact.

For this man, it eventually became unsustainable.

He goes some way to righting his wrongs in this vid.

Perhaps for some, there will never be sufficient explanations. No matter what I or anyone posts. But those people are not operating logically and as consequence, they furnish themselves with a distorted mental model of the world. There are variations, but it loosely follows the same pattern of reverse implication.

President Bush and his Zionist buddies conspired to murder 3000 of their own people for political gain. There are no Al Qaeda or Islamic fundamentalists, just fictional bogeymen cooked up by CIA operatives.

This should be openly challenged in society wherever it rears its ugly head, not only are these views toxic to the country, but they completely deny the very threats we face from Islamic terrorism.

In this way it is a major injustice to the men, women and children who were taken from us that fateful day, by none other than Islamic terrorists.

I too was a convinced conspiracist. I studied the peculiarities and technicalities of these claims for five years. In an exhaustive search of sources, way beyond those supplied on the typical truth sites and threads, I can finally say nothing has truly stood up to critical analysis. It is true that people simply believe what they want to believe.

Sorry to disappoint those who expected a litany of debunking facts. I am happy to discuss details, but remember, if I could find them so can you. A rational mind does his/her homework before making dramatic claims. If you jump on the bandwagon because it's 'hip' and you've seen a few videos (like the utterly discredited Loose Change), you are just surrendering your intellect to others. A sin and a shame.

There are plenty of very important discussions to be had about 9/11 and its consequences, but the truth movement is far more interested in the fantastical. Another disservice.

"The search for truth and knowledge is one of the finest attributes of a man, though often it is most loudly voiced by those who strive for it the least." -- Albert Einstein

Great GREAT post!

Finally some sense in the world.

All you people saying how the American government did this are lunatics, you are being mislead by the extremists themselves. They posted bits of information to start this delusion in the first place and now your running with it. The fact is that those buildings came down under large fires and did you forget a plane hit them also?

If you even begin to reply to me with nonsense anymore I won't even bother with you. You and anyone else do not deserve any limelight, now go away and question yourself again because your poisoning minds.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by joinreality
This may just be simple thinking, but in my opinion I think we should just stop responding to the paranoid who believe that the thousands murdered on September 11, 2001 were committed by those in power instead of evil radicals who hate our way of life.

Simple thinking it may be, but it is a great idea nonetheless. I think you should orchestrate the plan. Get the gang together and then go Trappist with it.

The Truther movement should then shrivel up and die, because let's face it, with no OS, the truthers have no cause. Ingenious! With out the voice of the OSers, Truthers will look like crazy people in bus stations talking to themselves.

Seriously though, do stop responding. I think it would be beneficial to all both sides. You won't be blistered by the searing truth and truthers won't be guiled into exhaustive and impertinent arguments against you, leaving them more time to ask more questions, to an audience relieved of shills, religious extremists and pig-ignorant rednecks,

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Is it just me, or do people get extremely defensive when people question truthers?

Ive seen so many accusations of "you believe anything the government tells you!". Why im not sure. I certainly distrust my government and certainly dont believe everything they tell me. That being said, pulling off 9/11 simply to make war is preposterous.

There is overwhelming evidence that the Bush administration overlooked important intel that would have allowed them to prevent 9/11. If it was simply justification for them to invade Iraq, somthing MUCH less complicated could have been cooked up as a false flag. There simply was no need for the massive operation undertaken. An anthrax attack on US citizens blamed on Iraq (thus justfiying the WMD claims) would have sufficed.

Another poster made a good point. If this was all justifcation to go to war, why did the US not "plant" WMD in Iraq to bolster their claims? It would have certainly made the Bush administration look like gold. Seems like a simple little thing to do after pulling off the massive 9/11 operation.

So to review things. I dislike the US government, but i dont for a minute believe they orchestrated 9/11.

It wasn't a matter of winning over the Public, it was a matter of winning over the UK, the UN and then everyone else.
Is it really ludicrous that they would use a false flag to go to war? Don't the US government have a history of doing just that. Hold that thought.
Why are we at War/liberal interventionism in IRAQ? or Afghanistan and Not Zimbabwe or Bahrain?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyStupidity

Sweet handle, DenyStupidity.

Perhaps you should reread your signature before you make any more foolish comments.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by annonymous1234
I was always on the fence about 9/11. And then I heard that the FBI released a bunch of pictures of the terrorists who were armed with box cutters. And it had turned out that some of those people were still alive across the world living normal lives. So someone please debunk that for me. Until then I guess I'm delusional and an overall bad person and not normal at all

So tell us what the names of the terrorists who supposedly died on 9/11, and then show us a source of proveing they didnt die.

Or just give me the names and ill do my own research. Im sure thats an easy one to debunk.

Quick little google search brought me this. www.welfarestate.com...
Have fun with your research and let me know what you find.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyStupidity

Rad bro, come to a conspiracy site, post in a 9/11 forum to tell people to stop coming to conspiracy sites and posting in a 9/11 forum. Perhaps in "Denying Stupidity" you mean bury your head in the sand? Deny it by just being stupid? Thanks for that - everything is all cleared up now.

Your sig is telling too.

CJ
edit on 15-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

That being said, pulling off 9/11 simply to make war is preposterous.

To you. Obvious difference of opinion is what this all comes down to. I can invision a scheme that would shock people to the core and allow for extreme change in liberties, cover up a $$$$load of illegal financing, and hand over a govt and certain individuals more more money and power than they could have imagined.

But, I am imaginative, and I give those in power a certain amount of credit for imagination also.

This argument will never end I guess, unless some piece of truth is admitted by the someone.
edit on 15-9-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyStupidity

The fact is that those buildings came down under large fires and did you forget a plane hit them also?

I must have missed the bit where a plane hit Building 7, what next fire can melt steel? find me footage of one, just one building falling into itself due to fire, (imagine how much footage there must be) oh wait there isn't one, unless its in a movie. buildings don't DROP the way WC7 fell. think leaning tower of PISA.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Sorry man - my post was almost verbatim to yours - posted just after you did.

CJ

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

edit on 15-9-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

That's a pretty silly mistake. You shouldn't have even pointed it out. It could have been used as a continous source of ridicule without him ever knowing. Who knows how far it could have gone?
edit on 15-9-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart
Is it really ludicrous that they would use a false flag to go to war? Don't the US government have a history of doing just that.

Of course they do. Im not denying that. In denying THIS instance. Do you not think if they wanted justification they could have come up with a better, less involved plan? I do.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Is it really ludicrous that they would use a false flag to go to war? Don't the US government have a history of doing just that.

Of course they do. Im not denying that. In denying THIS instance. Do you not think if they wanted justification they could have come up with a better, less involved plan? I do.

Perhaps it was so big you couldn't miss it, remembered forever. Now if they blamed an anthrax threat (less visible) the government may look as though they are in fact war criminals when invading other countries.

I'm not saying that is true but it would be an excuse to go BIG.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by joinreality
This may just be simple thinking, but in my opinion I think we should just stop responding to the paranoid who believe that the thousands murdered on September 11, 2001 were committed by those in power instead of evil radicals who hate our way of life. After all, these theories are all these people have in their lives and who are we to take that away from them?!

The problem is, it can be argued that this "their minds are not only closed but bolted shut" zealotry toward their conspiracy stories is exactly the same mentality that led to the 9/11 attack to begin with. LEt's face it, it ain't anormal decision to spend all kinds of money to learn how to fly a jet and then hijack it to committ a suicide attack. It takes a special kind of hard core zealotry in their beliefs to go that far.

Back in 2002 the UN asked the Arab world to do a study on Islamic terrorism, and their report stated they have a society only marginally better than North Korea- one out of five Arab men and fully 50% of Arab women are illiterate, unemployment is rampant and all the oil money is going to the governments and not the people, and censorship is such an issue that even poor countries like Greece translates five times more foreign material than they do. Places like Afghanistan were one or two steps above the stone age where even music was outlawed. In the meantime, all they have is religious monopolies and the nonstop drivel their fire and brimstone mullahs are pushing. Along comes some rich fanatic who wants to convince people it's god's will to overthrow the few Islamic countries who do have pro-west leanings, so without any opposing voices, of course someone is going to be suckered into the idea of attacking an office building and collect 72 virgins.

Even if ONE person...exactly like the fellow in the OP's video, wakes up from their conspiracy daydreams, then it makes the entire effort worthwhile, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Dude, if you have done an exhaustive analysis of the data and still refuse to acknowledge, in the VERY LEAST, the complicity of the Bush administration in the 9/11 attacks, how is it that you explain the total collapse of THREE reinforced steel buildings by FIRE? Especially since there is ZERO precedent for global collapse of a high-rise due to fire, preceding 9/11/2001. And all of a sudden there were three, perfectly symmetrical collapses due to fire, WITHIN A 12-HOUR PERIOD!?

Explain to me how it is that highly-invested American parties (Bush family, Silverstein et al.) all with the motive, ability and opportunity, DIDN'T demolish those buildings. Make no mistake, those buildings were brought down by CONTROLLED DEMOLITION. I have no proof that it was an American agency that did it, yet I have no proof that it was muslim radicals, either. So how did radicals get access to the inside of these buildings, especially when the US government was in possession of intelligence regarding their threats and activities? Compare the likelihood of that to the fact that Bush Jr.'s brother owned the security company for the WTC buildings, and was highly invested in the outcome of these attacks.

My point is this: those buildings were deliberately demolished, in an extremely precise manner. This is not open for debate, since the laws of physics are immutable. No weight can fall through the path of greatest resistance at free-fall speed. If you can refute the most basic principles of physics, then perhaps you'll find some here who will buy what you're peddling.

Granted, there are some issues with the 9/11 truth movement. It DOES border on the fantastical, at least in the respect that many of its claims lack DIRECT, VERIFIABLE evidence. Your post, on the other hand, stands in direct contest to those facts which ARE empirically proven, AND NOT SUBJECT TO OPINION.

edit on 15-9-2011 by GnabeCA because: Edit for clarity.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyStupidity

I am happy to see people are finally waking up. There comes a point when God given critical analysis and intellect triumphs over a misplaced sense of justice and a need to believe. For many, the subconscious denial and selective thinking necessitated by those strong emotions has run its course. One runs out of straws to grasp when those straws always run contrary to fact.

For this man, it eventually became unsustainable.

He goes some way to righting his wrongs in this vid.

Perhaps for some, there will never be sufficient explanations. No matter what I or anyone posts. But those people are not operating logically and as consequence, they furnish themselves with a distorted mental model of the world. There are variations, but it loosely follows the same pattern of reverse implication.

President Bush and his Zionist buddies conspired to murder 3000 of their own people for political gain. There are no Al Qaeda or Islamic fundamentalists, just fictional bogeymen cooked up by CIA operatives.

This should be openly challenged in society wherever it rears its ugly head, not only are these views toxic to the country, but they completely deny the very threats we face from Islamic terrorism.

In this way it is a major injustice to the men, women and children who were taken from us that fateful day, by none other than Islamic terrorists.

I too was a convinced conspiracist. I studied the peculiarities and technicalities of these claims for five years. In an exhaustive search of sources, way beyond those supplied on the typical truth sites and threads, I can finally say nothing has truly stood up to critical analysis. It is true that people simply believe what they want to believe.

Sorry to disappoint those who expected a litany of debunking facts. I am happy to discuss details, but remember, if I could find them so can you. A rational mind does his/her homework before making dramatic claims. If you jump on the bandwagon because it's 'hip' and you've seen a few videos (like the utterly discredited Loose Change), you are just surrendering your intellect to others. A sin and a shame.

There are plenty of very important discussions to be had about 9/11 and its consequences, but the truth movement is far more interested in the fantastical. Another disservice.

"The search for truth and knowledge is one of the finest attributes of a man, though often it is most loudly voiced by those who strive for it the least." -- Albert Einstein

Great GREAT post!

Finally some sense in the world.

All you people saying how the American government did this are lunatics, you are being mislead by the extremists themselves. They posted bits of information to start this delusion in the first place and now your running with it. The fact is that those buildings came down under large fires and did you forget a plane hit them also?

If you even begin to reply to me with nonsense anymore I won't even bother with you. You and anyone else do not deserve any limelight, now go away and question yourself again because your poisoning minds.

Did you forget no plane hit building 7? Did you forget buildings 3,4,5, and 6 were in the immediate vicinity of towers one and two, sustained infinitely more damage than 7, yet stood for months? Did you forget the way they eventually brought down 3,4,5,6 was an acknowledged controlled demolition? So how did building 7 which had very, very small fires and minor damage to the left side of the building, collapse in less than seven seconds straight down? Symmetrical collapse is not possible from asymmetrical damage.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Perhaps it was so big you couldn't miss it, remembered forever. Now if they blamed an anthrax threat (less visible) the government may look as though they are in fact war criminals when invading other countries.

I'm not saying that is true but it would be an excuse to go BIG.

But if the anthrax attack killed Americans, and especially on their home soil, it would be big. Not 9/11 big, but that in combination with an Iraq invasion, then actually finding the WMD, even if planted, would effectively justify the invasion. They could also have planted plans to "attack" other nations, making the USA look like gold in the eyes of the world.

Just an example, but i really dont think the massive 9/11 would be required for a false flag. Im sure somthing less risky could have been accomplished that would have provided much better results.

Do you honestly believe that a regime capable of killing 3,000 of its own citizens in a false flag would not plant evidence of WMD in Iraq to justify their invasion? It would be much easier to do than the whole 9/11.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Lol, glad I didn't flag this, annoyed that I read the first sentence of your post and gave you a star. Now I know to read an entire post before starring and flagging. Fundamentalism exists (are you ready for this) IN EVERY RELIGION! However before 9/11 it was mainly in the middle east and once in a while Europe, and only directed against people who directly upset the radical factions of islam by doing something against muhammed, islam in general, or were encroaching on their holy land, or perhaps groups of individuals or governments who've done the said things i just mentioned. The whole of terrorism was not in full force like 'they' claim it is today. And they certainly did not have the intel capability to launch a wide-scale attack like that of which we saw on 9/11.

OP obviously has not done his research, he fails to realize that the straw man of "blaming bush" when it is a larger group with larger motivations at work when 9/11 happened. He fails to realize just how much control of our financial system the richest banker families have, and those calling the shots, who kneel at the foot of these bankers because they, along with the Fed, run economies, and have the ability to easily corrupt those in politics with money, bribes, etc. Bush was an oil man, as was Cheney, which should be no surprise to many of us that he already had established many shady connections with conflicts of interest before even coming into office. I am glad to see some of the responses to this thread. People like the OP are just trying to mislead people into believing something that everyone knows is not true, or at the very least very distorted from the truth.

The 9/11 attacks, even if you do not believe Architects and Engineers for 911 truth, saying it was a controlled demolish, has been used to take away our freedoms and use war as a tool of control, domestically and globally. If you notice, terror has been used to subjugate people to more control in Europe after 9/11 as well, and it goes back in the history books. Hitler burning the Reichstag, U.S. officials under LBJ and Robert McNamara blaming the North VietNamese for taking attacking two aircraft carriers in the Gulf of Tonkin, even when the facts were suggesting US Patrols were sent there to go to militarily sensitive areas to provoke a vietnamese response and an excuse for war, it is also speculated by some that the events were deliberately staged. en.wikipedia.org... And the law passed giving LBJ massive war powers en.wikipedia.org...

Type in "911 Smoking Guns" into Google and think about it yourself. I would also highly recommend Loose Change 1 and 2, and 911 Chronicles as well as many other documentaries showing the facts about what happened prior to, leading up to, on the day of, and post 911.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

If you've ever seen the movie Green Zone, it depicts the many conflicts of interest taking place in Iraq and the general pecking order so to speak of the troops on the ground and their duties with regards to WMD. However the movie is CIA friendly, and usually anything this friendly to the CIA is suspicious. It is possible someone in the CIA got cold feet during the Iraq war but anyway, the movie depicts just the amount of BS that was going on throughout all of the raids on buildings and complexes and supposed warehouse that were supposed to be housing WMD. As far as the ability to plant bombs, it is very difficult to get Nukes out of this country, and you would have to have one made on the black market or buy one from a foreign country and not tell anyone about it. When it comes to Nuclear, the amount of bureaucracy in the dept. of defense would lead to someone getting wise, and it may well have been much harder to do what you are suggesting could've and would've been done than you think. I just look at the facts that took place on the day of 9/11 and months and years prior, and where we have gone since then, and I have all the evidence I need that at the very least the official story is a complete fabrication.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join