It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people always tell me this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
People always tell me that they think I'm psychic. It's kinda weird but the more I hear it, the more I believe it and then the more I'm right. People tell me that when I enter the room it spooks them out because I'll say something randomly pertaining to something they were just thinking or something they were talking about before I arrived. I think it's kinda weird and I guess if It's true I want to expand the ability. Is there a way that I can test myself or become more aware of this "gift" as some would say. Kinda funny I said become more "aware", because when people would ask about it I'd tell them "I don't believe in psychic ability, I just believe in being very aware of your surroundings." Another thing I wanted to point out is the more I thought about it, it seemed the better I was at guessing things, or anticipating something to happen. just for fun I've played little games with people where they would think of a color and I'd guess it. Or even an animal. Sometimes I do numbers 1-500. I'd say I'm about 75% on the numbers, that's kinda hard. Anyways I'm starting to babble and I'm freakishly tired, I just wanted to know if anyone else felt this way or has had some experience with this, Maybe someone on here can help me expand this if it's real, or maybe I'm just really lucky. Either way an answer to this would be nice, Thanks..

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Check out this basic psychic training web site. ===> Psi Pog
You might learn something new and how to control some abilities.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Thats all I'll say.

XAOS

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
just an ability everybody has but few develop because the masses say it's not real. People used to say that germs werent real either, and that the earth was the center of the universe and it was flat...you see what I am getting at.

What is claimed to be impossible in this age will be commonplace in the next age. History repeats itself.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
You've seen twelve monkeys, havent you? Come on, admit it.

I DONT BELIEVE I HAVE A MILLION DOLLARS IN MY CLOSET.

*ohpleaseohplease*

XAOS

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What is twelve monkeys?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the mature replies, I appreciate those a lot. As for the people or person who just left replies that were immature and had absolutely no hold on what I was getting at, please feel free to leave yourself out of the thread. I've been reading these forums for a while and it seems there's always a jackass on each thread to try and discredit or make the person posting look stupid. Maybe I'm taking this thing too seriously. I guess I take it seriously because if it's real I SERIOUSLY want to be able to use this to my advantage in someway, whether to help me or someone else I think it would be a gift that could bring about something good.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
First, I believe that physcic abilities exist. I think that the human mind is something very mysterious, and we don't know half of what its capable of.

On the other hand, how many people have ever been proved psychic? How many of those fortune tellers and conjurers that go on television touting their "abilities" get debunked by skeptics? It would be very easy to show that your "abilities" are just chance.

Most of those who say that they have paranormal powers are just little people who need to feel big. they do this by pretending that they are special in some way, like believing that they are psychic or half-alien or something equally as ridiculous. They need to grow up and realize that they are just the same as their neighbor and that they could become big by actually working rather than sitting in a little room and hating the world.

You could be able to pick up peoples mood some way through telepathy, but most likely it is either chance or you gauging what they are thinking from their external appearance. It is highly possible that you are just lucky when it comes to guessing, and you just think you are psychic because it is YOU guessing not another person. Think about it this way: there are over 6 billion people on this planet, with that many people then there has to be a signifigant number that guesses something right one hundred percent of the time. Seventy five percent is nothing.

Mature enough for ya?

Sorry for the analysis, I've been reading Dawkins and that would make anyone a skeptic.

All things aside, I do think that there are a few people who are psychic.

XAOS

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

First, I believe that physcic abilities exist. I think that the human mind is something very mysterious, and we don't know half of what its capable of.

Xaos:

1st, thanks for the advice on how to move my last post to the right spot.

I agree with your quote that i repeated above. I want to add that many who have genuine paranormal abilities prefer to stay anonymous.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
You know XAOS, I think it's kinda funny that you asked if it was mature enough because it wasn't. It wasn't mature at all. You saw what I posted about immaturity and you knew I was talking about you, so in turn you do everything you can to make me look like a jackass, You try to attack me through the website and make some sort of dent on me, I guess that's all you can do though, and good try it was good reading. You made some valid points but why would there be a shared luck between 6 million people? I said 75 off the top of my head, and I left my first post vague to see if it sparked an interest in anyone. Then I would go deeper into the subject. Do you have some sort of ability XAOS? Would it make you feel less of a person to find out someone else housed the same ability inside of them? Are you saying that I sit around and hate the world? Are you implying that I'm lonely or some sort of outcast? If you are, you're terribly wrong. Anyways, I'm not angry with you, i'd just appreciate you to stop trying to be a jackass to me. I can't wait for your next post. If we're going to have a pissing contest I'll give you my AIM name, or maybe if you're psychic enough you can guess it..

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Psychic, me? No. Far from it.

First, congratulations on being psychic, you have abilities that have never been proved to exist (not without lack of trying though). I don't completely turn away form the possibilities of psychic "powers" I just feel that it is much more likely that it is something much more mundane.

As questor said, most real psychics would probably keep their powers to themselves, rather thanbe exposed to the media. This would explain why every single person who have said that they are psychic were debunked, while all the real psychics sat on the couch at home and laughed.

I'm sure that there are real psychics out there, but they are most likely recluses, who want to stay away from the world that keeps invading their minds.

Listen, I dont want to have a "pissing contest" I just want to make sure that you are not deluding yourself into thinking you are something that you are not. If you want to help the world then there are so many more ways to then pretending that you can read minds. You seem intelligent I'm sure you can find so much more to do with your time.

I knew you were calling me immature, because I'm the only one who actually answered your topic with a criticism.

XAOS

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by xaos]

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   

This would explain why every single person who have said that they are psychic were debunked , while all the real psychics sat on the couch at home and laughed.

I disagree totally.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
how? You think that Miss. Cleo shouldnt have been shut down?

XAOS

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by xaos]

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
lol, thanks XAOS, I actually like reading your posts, you really do make valid points, and I appreciate the time you take out to reply, it's refreshing. Listen XAOS, I don't want to be assholes to eachother, maybe we could kinda start over??

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think the reason no 'real psychic' has been found is because the abilities take connection between psychic and subject. Only those who believe in psychic abilities will have them proved to exist... (except that, just because some people believe it, doesn't make it true. [or does it?]

Those who seek only to expose psychic ability as fraud will never find 'real psychic ability'. (thus proving it's non-existance... ...except they are also unable to DISprove it.)

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by quango]

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
You believe everything your friends tell you?

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Make sure this is not just ESP. Sometimes it is just ESP. But hey...you might just have a talent there. ESP varies from person to person. So to say, your ESP is stronger then mine. And your ESP can also bounce off of other people. As to make them think of you before you enter a room. Or have them think the same thing you are. Though even if it is ESP you still want to learn to control it before it gets you into trouble.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i think we can all have these abilities, only someknow how to use it. me and my boyfriend always read eachtothers minds. its weird. but with you it sounds like you are receiving. i am opposite. i project my ideas before i can say them. sometimes someone will just be like, 'oh i know' and i wont even be finished. people tell me i should be a teacher b/c i can get my ideas across w/o much explanation, but unfortunately teachers dont make much $$ and thats why i am into comp program. now.

sounds like you are so receptive you should read this book: 'Psychic self-defense and well being' By Denning & Phillips. You could be a good counselor/psychologist.

Note i didnt say psychiatrist(shrink).

top topics

join