It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger: Our Biggest Weakness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I've been reading a lot of threads lately with people saying things out of revenge or anger..
Let me ask you this.. have you ever said anything out of spite that you regret saying?
Yeah everyone has.. and it makes us feel like a complete jackass.

"Fight with emotional content not anger!"
- Bruce Lee

Don't get angry, get even.

There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot
- Plato

Anger can be exhausting and embarrassing.

So the next time you get angry, before those words leave your mouth,
before you post that thread because the last poster royally p'd you off.
Take a deep breath and calm down..

Don't let your emotions talk for you, rather talk for your emotions.

Through anger comes blindness,
so in order to overcome this angry reaction
calm down.. and use reason and logic to prove yourself.

The results will not only save you from embarrassment,
but can also save you from sabotaging your own reputation.

10 steps on controlling anger

Do you find yourself fuming when someone cuts you off in traffic? Does your blood pressure go through the roof when your child refuses to cooperate? Anger is a normal and even healthy emotion — but it's important to deal with it in a positive way. Uncontrolled anger can take a toll on both your health and your relationships. Ready to get your anger under control? Start by considering these 10 anger management tips.

Source: link..

Anger is the last thing we need in our search for truth.
So I leave one last image, and end this with a smile.

edit on 14-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: pictures would not work..

edit on 14-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: adding source

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I certainly appreciate this thread,I consider myself a very kind gentle person,but when people jerk me around the dark side emerges,got kind of a dark sadistic temper,I find myself drawing back from people so as not to wake the beast.I have tried everything from meditation to counting to ten,nothing really works The things that really set me off are arrogance,liars,cheats,and people who just have to put people down because of their financial status.We are all unique,we all have our good points and our bad points,I like to think I fight the good fight,sometimes it takes evil to fight evil.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
For me, I'm half angry and half depressed. Oh my god, you didn't lie anger is exhausting.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
good thread ...interesting timing...i was about to let loose on some troll(the beer helps) now after reading this i might ponder my response somewhat......alcohol being such a reactive drug..lol i should smoke more..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Uncontrolled anger (rage) is a bad thing, anger is a double edged sword, it can also be our greatest strength if used correctly. Have you not noticed how much energy you have when your angry? If we can use it as a fuel to improve things it tends to work better than any other emotional state, its only when we lose control of it that it becomes destructive. Obviously this is just my opinion.

I tend to find ways to vent my anger (most intensive sports seem to do the trick) if i can't change a situation, otherwise i'll try to use the anger as my motivation to sort the problem out.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Why is anger a weakness? Are you implying that we shouldn't get angry when we see that child being raped and demand justice? Or when we see the world crumble because of a handful of elites which are a minority trying to control who lives and who dies?

Throughout history, the only thing that spawned change was anger. Don't get me wrong however, it also depends how you use anger to achieve the goal. Used to take away a life or cause harm unto others IS a weakness because you develope karma. But I am sure if you stop a moment before reacting to a situation, and think about alternatives to solve the problem, then anger could become a positive motivation.

Please watch this with an open mind, listen to the words spoken. Because even in anime there are hidden vast knowledge that people just aren't aware of yet.

and don't forget this speech.

Point is, to bring about great change, one must learn to use even the negative and force it into a positive. Right now we are backed into a corner. We want peace, love, but there are those where words alone cannot reach. The elites are such beings.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Anger is energy moving. It can not be stopped and to think that we can stop it will cause even more damage. Anger will appear when it does regardless of what we want. Have you ever been angry and someone has said to you 'calm down'? Does it make you calm?
The way to deal with anger is to acknowledge it, see it happening and then it will pass. Be aware of whatever is happening and it will pass. If we notice anger arising in the moment and stay with it, it will watched from a calm place inside and the energy called anger will quickly dissipate.
Anger is like all 'things', constantly changing and moving and morphing.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I see anger ultimately as a byproduct of fear. I would not go as long as to say fear is our biggest weakness, but our incapability to control it is kind of what makes the world go around today. Fear is an extremely important emotion "designed" to make us ready for survival. It was meant for the heat of the moment, so it overshadows all other feelings, deeming them useless for survival. The problem is, the people controlling the world today know this all to well, and keep us in a fearful mind-prison where we are willing to give away even our basic human rights just to keep being alive. It's when you overpower the fear all the other emotions are allowed to really manifest in you, and then it's really no turning back! My point is I guess; if you are fearing something, either consciously or through your subconsciousness, this will ultimately lead to anger. Me being afraid of loosing my girlfriend the first half year of our relationship led to jealousy, which is really one of the worst versions of anger there is.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

just between you and me in my late 20s i watched that cartoon in the mornings..lol...i liked the way they powered up through anger,ive spent years learning wing chun(a form of kungfu) and i could relate to idea behind controlling the anger into power...

peace

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
I see anger ultimately as a byproduct of fear. I would not go as long as to say fear is our biggest weakness, but our incapability to control it is kind of what makes the world go around today. Fear is an extremely important emotion "designed" to make us ready for survival. It was meant for the heat of the moment, so it overshadows all other feelings, deeming them useless for survival. The problem is, the people controlling the world today know this all to well, and keep us in a fearful mind-prison where we are willing to give away even our basic human rights just to keep being alive. It's when you overpower the fear all the other emotions are allowed to really manifest in you, and then it's really no turning back! My point is I guess; if you are fearing something, either consciously or through your subconsciousness, this will ultimately lead to anger. Me being afraid of loosing my girlfriend the first half year of our relationship led to jealousy, which is really one of the worst versions of anger there is.

You are correct, however, imagine if we CAN control it. The energies that rises from anger is tremendous. By controlling it you also control fear and negativity to your advantage instead of it controlling you. Once you control that anger and combine it with love. You gain Balance.

People have trouble figuring these things out, but because of fear and society's way to reject you for your thoughts, it limits our capability to fully explore anger and the reasons why it happens.

By Understanding the source of anger, you also come to understand yourself more.

A wise man once told me. "Through darkness you will find God."

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
"The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil because it isn't angry enough."

- Bede Jarrett

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

To the people who think we need anger, your saying happiness replacing
it would be less beneficial? SHUT THE F- oops sorry.. deep breaths

A wise man once told me. "Through darkness you will find God."

Weird and unsuspecting opinion, but i have to disagree
If there is a god I believe I will find him through peace and oneness,
with gatherings of people that contain bliss all the time,
anger is what makes people against each other,
happiness is what brings them together.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Anger is one of the strongest motivaters other than fear.

If controlled it can drive us to do amazing things. If not, well you get the idea.

Anger is a part of the fight or flight response system we have. Without it I'm sure we would not be as capable to survive certain situations that we can now.

I think hate is a nastier emotion than anger.

Then combine fear and hate to a moment. Makes anger look like a walk in the park.

new topics

top topics

join