It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One more benefit from the war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
At least with Oday Hussien out of the picture. The Iraq athletes who did not win at the olympics won't have to face torture or murder by Oday when they return. They must be much more light hearted even if they lose!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Right. Now they're free men that will be able to go home and "light heartedly" take up arms against American occupiers and defend against the "Criminal" George Bush.

Their words.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That's true Rant! Plus I heard that some of the athletes were transported to the Olympic games by the US military so they would arrive there safely.Talk about service!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I hope they are grateful for that.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealisticPatriot
I hope they are grateful for that.

They just said US should leave their country.
I guess US is really winning the harts and mind of Iraqi people.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't like this war but I will admit having those two gone is a great accomplishment.
They were worse than Saddam.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The Iraqi Athletes were actually flown in by the Royal Australian Air Force .

You heard wrong. But I'm not really surprised.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
[edit on 24-8-2004 by persian]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
The Iraqi Athletes were actually flown in by the Royal Australian Air Force .

You heard wrong. But I'm not really surprised.

here is the link news.scotsman.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Um, persian... I meant that Jeeze Louise heard wrong regarding the US Military flying the Iraqi Athletes in. It was actually the Australian Air Force who did it.

I actually created that thread about the Iraqi athletes slamming "criminal Bush".

By the way, I read that the Australian crew served them an in-flight lunch and that the they were appreciative of of the professional service. The only Australians in Iraq at the moment are predominantly Air traffic Controllers, Air Force and Australian Infantry security detail, around 200 or so personnel if I recall correctly.

Actually I think the only Australians who killed during the Invasion were the SAS who went in before the war was even announced. I would prefer we didn't go in at all, but at least we seem to be keeping a low profile about it. In that nobody seems to care or know that the Australians were involved.

Hopefully we end up pulling all personnel out ASAP and that will be the end of it.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by cargo]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Does anyone here notice a trend with those soccer players?????????

Perhaps their age? Notice how none of them were old enough to have ever competed while under the eye of little Oday? I'd like to see how they felt if they were forced to kick concrete soccer balls, or were beaten and then forced to sit in vats of sewage like their Olympic forfathers.

new topics

join