It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine Is Still The Issue

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

no blackie, just hoping they realize what they need to think about when/if they get statehood.

and the israelis won't be shooting people in the hand.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

We could both post hundreds of youtube vids, both real and propaganda..

Fact is, we've seen them all before..

The only KNOWN facts we have, and even they are debatable, is the death toll on each side..

I note you don't like to mention the figures and I know why.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

no blackie, just hoping they realize what they need to think about when/if they get statehood.

What, they ain't gonna use paint guns?

But still, Statehood is a long way off..
Personally I hope they vote Hamas out democratically before that happens and establish a voice for the entire area of Palestine instead..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

We could both post hundreds of youtube vids, both real and propaganda..

Fact is, we've seen them all before..

The only KNOWN facts we have, and even they are debatable, is the death toll on each side..

I note you don't like to mention the figures and I know why.

Haha, prime example of your pathetic ways of spinning things. This time it is so obvious it's simply funny.

Ofcourse the death tolls will be high on the Palestinian side, and why? Because of what you see in those videos. Because the "brave freedom fighters" choose to hide themselves among civilians, thinking it will do them any good.
Not because Israel has anything to gain from it, other way around - the terrorists have something to gain from it - the political claim that Israel kills innocents, and the infamous "kill count" that is a direct result of their tactics.

If you cry about the kill count like you so used to do, atleast don't erase the reason of why it's so high right before you cry about it. But then again, seeing as this is how you debate, I'm not surprised.

Personally I hope they vote Hamas out democratically before that happens and establish a voice for the entire area of Palestine instead..

This is the first logical thing you have said that I have witnessed, since I saw your posts for the first time. Congratulations.

So you agree that it is wrong to declare independence just yet, and to wait for a better time (better for the Palestinians), a time where Hamas is out of the picture?
edit on 14-9-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

comm on, those figures are always manipulated.

1 million dead in iraq? i heard that for the last 10yrs!

the opposition always exaggerates.

unless YOU are counting all of them yourself, #'s don't mean squat.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

But then again, seeing as this is how you debate, I'm not surprised.

Mate, no one debates your type..
It's impossible..

BTW, still waiting for you to tell me the questions you say I refused to answer,,

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

What, they ain't gonna use paint guns?

But still, Statehood is a long way off..

yes, i hope so too.

we all do.

that is their only chance to survive.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Not to mention the countless terrorists that were counted in Gaza that did not die with their AK47 in their hand, yet counted as innocent civilians..

Still that is not the point. Yes, there are many innocents that die. But what he fails to understand is the reason for these deaths. It's not because of the death hungry USA and Israeli soldiers, it's because of the pathetic tactics by the Muslim militias to hide behind civilians in hopes that either the soldiers will hesitate to open fire, or that later on some political bargain chip will be obtained.

Luckily, the political world has already witnessed first hand of this BS, and the only political bargain chip they have is types like this backinblack dude that ramble on and on about death counts.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

So you agree that it is wrong to declare independence just yet, and to wait for a better time (better for the Palestinians), a time where Hamas is out of the picture?

Talk about twisting..

No, I said Statehood is still a fair way off..
You do know the vote this month is just for an indication of support right?

You also know they are already discussing a new form of representation right??

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Luckily, the political world has already witnessed first hand of this BS, and the only political bargain chip they have is types like this backinblack dude that ramble on and on about death counts.

Nah mate, dudes like me would like to debate the continues expansion of illegal Israeli settlements which is what we believe is at the heart of most of the fighting..

But "dudes" like you seem to sidestep that entire issue...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Talk about twisting..

No, I said Statehood is still a fair way off..
You do know the vote this month is just for an indication of support right?

You also know they are already discussing a new form of representation right??

Twisting? Perhaps I misunderstood your point. If I have, I retract the positive statements I gave you.

They can discuss it from day to night, it still won't matter until they form some kind of an armed force to get Hamas out of power. Any new representation will have no meaning if Hamas will still be in power.

Btw, about that list, don't worry it will be made in no time. Feel free to bug me about it as much as you can, I assure you that I will present it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

yup, don't leave a weapon behind if you can take it.

no uniforms? lol!!

he worked at the 7/11, with the other 6 guys.

omg! civies!! murder!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Nah mate, dudes like me would like to debate the continues expansion of illegal Israeli settlements which is what we believe is at the heart of most of the fighting..

But "dudes" like you seem to sidestep that entire issue...

"dudes" like you seem to forget that there has been an eviction of many Israeli families in order to appease the Palestinians, and that only brought more violence in the form of Hamas able to improve it's range now.

Israel is not a stupid country and will not evict any further land as long as there is a force that abuses these one-sided gestures to their own militant purposes.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Nah dude, don't buy it..

Israel could setup exclusion zones as protective borders but no, they put civilian settlements on them..

Can you justify that??
I could understand (maybe) having these areas as protective borders but when they start building houses and schools etc then isn't that a totally different scenario??

At least be honest dude, it's simply a land grab..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm sickened by people on this thread trying to justify the horrible treatment of innocent people mentioned in the opening post, and treatment that we know happens regularly, by the fact that SOME FEW bad people exist.

You support collective punishment of a large group of people because of a few bad eggs. Shame on you.

By your justification, Al Quaida is correct in treating all American civilians as if they are terrorists because of how the government acts. They did elect them right? So it's every American's fault for what their government does. If they don't want to be treated badly or viewed as a terrorist nation by the rest of the world then they should unite and eradicate the government then maybe we'll treat them better then, right? Until then they're all terrorists and all targets.

Doesn't that work just the same way with Israel then? Is it ok for Palestinians to target and degrade innocent Israelis becuase of their choice of government and becuase of a few bad people? You are justifying holding innocent Palestinian civilians responsible, you are allowing them to be targets and to be systematically degraded, simply because of the Hamas government or because of a minority of evil people.

Some people use kids as shields, so it's ok to strip search a grannie. Yeah great justification there.

Your justification is EXACTLY the same as those 'extremists' and those 'terrorists' you hate so much. Be part of the solution and not the problem. Realise that innocent people should always be treated with dignity and respect otherwise it's it just creates a lot of people that think it's ok to target innocent civilians on your side because you target the innocent ones on their side.

Edit to add: The complete irony of the fact that it seems some are justifying treating innocent civilians badly because some people use innocent civilians as human shields has just made me shake my head in disbelief.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Nammu because: more info

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Hi everyone, I would first like to plug the blog of a friend of mine that has given up her summer, unlike most spoiled graduates, to teach children in Palestine. I have been speaking to her as much as I can and what I have found out really just confirms my view on the disgraceful treatment of the Palestinians at the hands of the Israelis.

you are seriously going to regret creating this thread. ATS has shown us that it is not the place to discuss Palestinians as human beings who deserve rights. Saying this makes us antisemites and also means we condone, support, and cheer each and every attack.

Yup, some Palestinians are terrorists. But instead of addressing the root cause of that problem, and fixing it, lets just concentrate on dehumanizing those people and justify the murder.

see, it's fine for Israel to break a ceasefire, use banned white phosphuros, bombs schools, hospitals, the red cross, and the UN, that's just fine.

But the second one of those Palestinians fires a rocket, oh boy.

They are human beings and deserve a free happy existence JUST as much as those living in Israel. The fact that you deny this shows that YOU are the racist.

i don't support killing on either side, guess I'm an antisemite
I think Israelis and Palestinians can live in peace if both work for it, yup, antisemite
I'd rather address the cause of terrorism instead of just the symptoms, commie pinko antisemite

Can any of you fascists actually back up your reasoning why these people aren't human? I'd really like to see you try.

P.S. if you still think there was no palestine and no palestinians, you might want to take 3 minutes to go read the pact that created Israel.

O.M.F.G. it says the British Mandate of........PALESTINE

The complete irony of the fact that it seems some are justifying treating innocent civilians badly because some people use innocent civilians as human shields has just made me shake my head in disbelief.

Ahh but you can stop shaking your head because to these guys, those aren't people, it really is that simple, they aren't humans. Just remember, the same ultra-orthodox Judaism that allows for this makes no distinction between the rest of us. You are either Jewish, or you are cattle.

just wait, my favorite shotgun billybob will be in soon to remind you that you are an antisemite.

Here's a link for everyone. Admittedly this doesn't go all the way to the current date, but does show you the proportionate "response" from Israel. The numbers speak for themselves, but be warned, you will be an antisemite for learning this.

You were warned

to take a break for a minute from this wonderful game of painting ISrael as the only moral country and the perpetual victim, please explain this:

UN sanctions concerning Israel

Oh yeah, I forget, the entire UN is antisemitic.

# Resolution 42: The Palestine Question (5 March 1948) Requests recommendations for the Palestine Commission

# Resolution 43: The Palestine Question (1 Apr 1948) Recognizes "increasing violence and disorder in Palestine" and requests that representatives of "the Jewish Agency for Palestine and the Arab Higher Committee" arrange, with the Security Council, "a truce between the Arab and Jewish Communities of Palestine...Calls upon Arab and Jewish armed groups in Palestine to cease acts of violence immediately."

# Resolution 44: The Palestine Question (1 Apr 1948) Requests convocation of special session of the General Assembly # Resolution 46: The Palestine Question (17 Apr 1948) As the United Kingdom is the Mandatory Power, "it is responsible for the maintenance of peace and order in Palestine." The Resolutions also "Calls upon all persons and organizations in Palestine" to stop importing "armed bands and fighting personnel...whatever their origin;...weapons and war materials;...Refrain, pending the future government of Palestine...from any political activity which might prejudice the rights, claims, or position of either community;...refrain from any action which will endager the safety of the Holy Places in Palestine."

Oh those silly antisemites are at it again, calling it Palestine and calling them Palestinians, Silly silly antisemites

edit on 14-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
maybe if this was my country i would care.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rekrul

maybe if this was my country i would care.

Well unless you live on the moon you should care as the entire world is at risk because these spoiled brats can't get along. American? You got attacked on 911, and before that at the first WTC attack, because of this. British? 7/7 anyone?

The issue with Israel is holding the entire world hostage, it's a fact, until this issue is resolved no advancements or stability will be forthcoming.

Anyways, OP, if you are still even bothering to read this thread, is your friend still there? Did she manage to get any photographs out?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Israel is not a stupid country and will not evict any further land as long as there is a force that abuses these one-sided gestures to their own militant purposes.

Seriously? Alright then:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1679940164a5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Palestine will be issue as long as there is arabs living there. Libia will be an issue as long as Gadaffi`s are alive. Iran will be an issue as long as Ahmedinedzad and Khomeini are alive,Syria will be an issue as long as Assad is on power. North Korea will be an issue as long as Kim`s are on power.... and so on... Now question is rasing on Issue for who? Well certainly not for me...not for u too,but for people that got interests there.Who are those people? That is complicated question....as well as it is simple answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join