It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Blue...Just Another Dying Race...did John W..make the ultimate Prophecy for Australians?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
John Williamson...perhaps the most underated singer/songwriter of modern times released this song at least twenty years ago.
Australia is now seeing its iconical outback infested with fracking method Gas wells , mainly owned by overseas companies, they have the right to take over the land of an Australian land holder, to potentially forever compromise the Great Australian fresh water reserves by introducing cancer causing chemicals into the aquafers and bores of Aussie landowners.
The pro- maoist/stalinist Australian Labour (sic with two fingers) party has turned a blind eye to the concerns of the true blue Aussie on this issue.
Why? 180 billion dollar contract for gas with ....you guessed it China ...the masters of true blue crushing across the world..ok they learnt it from Stalin.

John Williamson wrote a song about the dying of the true blue Aussie, it has become true, including our true blue land.he wrote the song a couple of decades ago, perhaps as he saw the supposed defunct stalinists infiltrate his nation , with complete support of universuty educated career politicians?

We now in Australia have no pristine outback or place to escape to .

Over 90% of Australia is now under foreign mineral exploration rights/leases/ownership.

Just another dying race.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: speling

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Ok so we stop mining...

There goes 35% of Australia's export revenue.

Now what?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
no pristine outback? Have you actually been out there?

I have travelled extensively around Australia and I can assure you there is plenty of pristine outback, where you can drive for 2 days and not see another soul..

I think you have slightly exaggerated the extent of the mining in the outback.. And as pointed out already this practise is a huge part of your economy, in exports, jobs and industry (to name but a few)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Ok so we stop mining...

There goes 35% of Australia's export revenue.

Now what?

Learn to live within our means??
We ain't a poor country but WHAT has the mining boom done for us when you consider we are still running a deficit??

IMO it's nothing but a corrupt Government spending $billions on useless projects while selling off our assets like Utilities so their mates can screw us to death..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Australia's coal seam gas hasnt even hit the local market yet, your argument is mute.

We have abundant gas already tapped & providing the 35% you state. We have all seen the damage done by fracking in the US & we dont need it here. Better government is what we need, not more lining of the pockets of miners & their investors. Screw their bottom line !!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I hear ya,

But as someone above me posted what can we do? What is it we should change and what are the consequences gonna be?

Is that statistic true, 90% of Oz now under foreign mineral leasing? I find that hard to believe but sadly wouldnt be all that shocked if it turned out to be accurate.

So anyway, you got any solutions or should we get a MOD to move this to the Rants Forum?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I don't think its the exports that are the problem, we need the revenue.
It's the overseas ownership of our land. The chinese government have recently purchased farms in NSW for coal exploration.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

This is taking away valuable farming land. You cannot really blame the farmers for selling out to them considering the prices that they were offered. I really think the Australian government is to blame. They should have stepped in and not allowed it to happen. Having a law that only prevents foreign ownership if the value is over $300 million is ludacris.

edit on 14/9/11 by jamesthegreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
no pristine outback? Have you actually been out there?

I have travelled extensively around Australia and I can assure you there is plenty of pristine outback, where you can drive for 2 days and not see another soul..

I think you have slightly exaggerated the extent of the mining in the outback.. And as pointed out already this practise is a huge part of your economy, in exports, jobs and industry (to name but a few)

There is a difference in empty space and beauty.

True blue Aussies of all Colours/beliefs/creeds/backgrounds ...know what Iam saying.

You have no clue ?..if you are talking about this sacred nation in that tone ...none at all, you can travel for days and say you know this land, but only those... who respect it , love this land.

Its spiritual, cultural, its true blue, not work in the mines make a heap of dough, and tell ye mates how great those Chinese companies are.

We are who we say no to.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Come one, what magical world exists where people live within their means by choice??

Look, it would be great to be able to do that, Australia could, if it had to, live totally cut off from the rest of the world, we have the raw materials to establish whatever we needed to manufacture.

But that's not gonna happen.

Yes mining is bad for the environment.

Farming is bad for the environment.

Hell the OP thinks mines are bad, what about the millions of acres of land being trampled by cattle?

Should we then stop all cattle exports too?

Face it, we have products the world needs and until we have something else the world needs that isn't bad for the environment, mines will continue to exist.

And my question still stands.

No mining....now what? what will our deficit look like without mining exports?

Catch 22.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Mate

I think you might have gotten the wrong end of the stick there champ.

The Song is lamenting the loss of the blokes who built this country while being overrun by the rise of the soft cocks in the cities with their boufont hairdoos and cafe lattes.

Australia has and will always be the largest quarry on the planet and let me tell you they're only scratching the surface at the easy stuff at the moment. You may or may not know but in square meterage Pubs in Australia occupy more land that all the mining combined. And you need to get out more to find out how big this joint really is.

Having said that, fracking can go and get fracked.

Cheers

(Note; The Pub thing is a Tally-Ho factoid)

edit on 14-9-2011 by myselfaswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The biggest concern is the mining of iron ore being shipped away to China, I think that in 15 years Australia will look like a doughnut with its centre completely hollowed out, will make a nice water feature in the middle though

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
yeh well if things keep going the way they are we will all be speaking in chinese and trading in the yuan....im sickened every time i hear about more of our farms being bought up....it was only a couple of years ago our farmers had to tip(at their own cost)eating grade apples and oranges set for the juice industry,because our goverment in their wisdom made this happen by purchasing a cheaper product from taiwan leaving our farmers up sh## creak without a paddle...

peace

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Come one, what magical world exists where people live within their means by choice??

In that mystical land of honest politicians..

Australia should be thriving, especially at a time where, as you say, we are getting 35% of our income basically for nothing..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

but in all fairness we do have a lot of pubs in this country

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by myselfaswell
Mate

I think you might have gotten the wrong end of the stick there champ.

The Song is lamenting the loss of the blokes who built this country while being overrun by the rise of the soft cocks in the cities with their boufont hairdoos and cafe lattes.

Australia has and will always be the largest quarry on the planet and let me tell you they're only scratching the surface at the easy stuff at the moment. You may or may not know but in square meterage Pubs in Australia occupy more land that all the mining combined. And you need to get out more to find out how big this joint really is.

Having said that, fracking can go and get fracked.

The song is lamenting the selling out of a true blue race period.
Only those who have met true blues will even be able to begin to comprehend what this song is about.... he sang the song in code.

Australia is now in the hands of the maoist Chinese more than the even psuedo stalinist traitorous university educated spys/traitors that sold out Australia, despite the warnings of Churchill/Mcarthy.
We are in the neck embrace of the Maoists/stalinists...yet most ATS members reading this won't even have a clue.

Sorry have no clue why my reply is up there is the ether . mixed up with myself as well post...sorry
edit on 14-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: trying to work out the jumbled post

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

I hear ya,

But as someone above me posted what can we do? What is it we should change and what are the consequences gonna be?

Is that statistic true, 90% of Oz now under foreign mineral leasing? I find that hard to believe but sadly wouldnt be all that shocked if it turned out to be accurate.

So anyway, you got any solutions or should we get a MOD to move this to the Rants Forum?

Uggh we could fight, like the poor sods who got shot in the Guts at Gallipoli, France, ect did in ww1, you know the Aussie war dead, who gave a fig about their families, their natios future.

Before we were told being caring and defensive about your nation was ............racist.

Yeajh ...killing a true blue race is acceptable,...... if the price is right.

Yeah its all a game show..traitors..traitors... yeah the new Aussie rich....yeah...the rest just sad losers eh?

Yeah step on the heads of ya dying race.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

There is a difference in empty space and beauty.

True blue Aussies of all Colours/beliefs/creeds/backgrounds ...know what Iam saying.

You have no clue ?..if you are talking about this sacred nation in that tone ...none at all, you can travel for days and say you know this land, but only those... who respect it , love this land.

Its spiritual, cultural, its true blue, not work in the mines make a heap of dough, and tell ye mates how great those Chinese companies are.

We are who we say no to.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: spelling

firstly i am taking no tone against your sacred nation.. i lived in australia for 2 years and luckily my job allowed me to travel around the country extensively.. spending alot of time in the outback. i even worked as a jackeroo for 8 weeks during my holiday period..
so to say i have no clue.. you could not be any further from the truth..

i also understand what it means to be a true blue aussie.. and am actually far more qualified than most Australians to label myself with this tag, even though i am english..

i have heard alot of opposition to mining.. but it always came from the city dwellers that had never even been to the outback. now im not condoning what we do to our planet when we devastate the environment by digging these holes (its a terrible thing).. but the problem is massively exaggerated and generally by people that have no real knowledge on the subject.

do you realize where Australia would be without this mining? especially for places like western Australia..

im not in anyway agreeing with the mining but there are positives to everything.. and you have to sometimes look at these even when you only want to see the negatives..

oh and empty space is beauty my friend.. you just have to open your eyes and be able to see it..

edit on 14/9/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
The biggest concern is the mining of iron ore being shipped away to China, I think that in 15 years Australia will look like a doughnut with its centre completely hollowed out, will make a nice water feature in the middle though

that would take a million years mate.. the country is huge!!

edit on 14/9/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Propaganda from the mining benificiaries is loud and persistent in Australia.

Traitors get paid handsomely as history will testify...the loud psuedo True Blue Aussies will tell all who are either brain dead or on their payroll how selling your nation to the Chinese will benefit Australians.

Fook that, I Have a brain ...I have experience....we are being colonised via AUSSIE accented traitors being paid lots and lots of coin for preaching to the public via the paid off media, how the Maoist/stalinist/anti human rights/anti freedom of speech....Chinese will benefit australians via their ownership of our farmland/mine leases/suburbs/manufacturing companies.

Traitors Traitors traitors traitors , traitors, traitors.
True blue traitoirs

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

These should be owned by us. These aren't our exports. It's a contract for them to come here and take it, no?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join