It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Blacks married to the Democratic Party?If it wasn't for Republicans they'd still be SLAVES

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Does the African-American population know that during and around the 1830's that the entire South was Democratic and that it supported slavery threatening succession if denied it?
Does the African-American population know that the Democrats were the wealthy plantation owning slave owners that kept them suffering for decades until the Civil War?
Do African-Americans know that their "hero" besides "Martin Luthor", Abraham Lincoln was a Republican and the FIRST Republican?
Do African Americans know that after the civil war during the post-war period they were under constant attack by organazations such as the KKK that were approved by the local Democrats?
Do African-Americans know that Lincoln's Vice President after his death was a Democrat only because the losing parties nominee became Vice President and President if the President in office died? He was a southerner and was later impeached because he tried to take away the civil rights of Blacks in the south during reconstruction to try and incorporate the South into the US faster and is widely known to be one of the worst US presidents among Woodrow Wilson (who was a Democrat as well and was a fantatic about the movie "Birth of a Nation" which was extremely untrue in it's facts claiming the KKK as hereos and who also wrote an extremely racist book "A History of the American People").
Do African-Americans know that General Grant was a northerner and tried to crush the Confederacy as fast as possible with great strategy that ended the war quite early? As a Republican he became President in 1869 and during Reconstruction he occupied the south with the Army and imposed free elections for blacks while at the same time hunting down and pacifying the KKK. This caused Republicans to be voted into power in the South by the majority of black voters since there was such a high density of them in the South. This furthered the fight against racism and lynch mobs and the KKK.
Throughout the early 1900's to the 1960's to present, the Democrats slowly increased power in the south and eventually we ended up with a resurgence of the KKK along with mob lynchings, Jim Crow laws, segregation everywhere especially in schools, and massive civil strife and disobedience causing the National Guard to come in. I think I even remember a DEMOCRAT in the 1960's that became Governor in Alabama which I believe shouted a popular phrase "SEGREGATION NOW, SEGREGATION IN THE FUTURE, AND SEGREGATION FOREVER!". I believe he got a lot of applause.
So my question is this? Why do African-Americans support the Democrats so blindly? Is it because recently they JUST had to vote in one of them even though the party he represented wanted to keep them slaves til this very day? Why is the south still completely all BLUE? Is it because the Democrats realized they could come into power just by changing some of their racist believes and catering to blacks with social programs? IF IT WASN'T FOR REPUBLICANS BLACKS WOULD STILL BE SLAVES! Or is that to bold of a statement? I'm just wondering why a people would constantly vote for a party that for hundreds of years pretty much wanted to put their designer shoes on the African-American communities faces? Would you vote for a party that tradionally wanted you to have no rights and had to be forced to give that up to limited rights and then thought maybe if they catored to you with social programs they could get the votes they needed? I'm just wondering WHY?
edit on 14-9-2011 by Swing80s because: wanted to fit the title

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Question for you.

Have you ever heard of Herman Cain?

Black people are not married to any political party. Black people are just as diverse as people with other skin colors... Like other races, they have their own feelings, thoughts and opinions....

Not to be rude, but... I kind of feel.... like I should not have to explain that to you.

Are you racist or did you just not think your thread through at all?
edit on 14-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Still be slaves? You are a slave to racism....free yourself

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Got any real demographics to back your claims?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Here's why.
link

Other then that, im staying out of this...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Did you guys read what I said? They are all true facts. I am not a racist I just added that extra part in the title to get more people to read it. Seriously read the whole thing then come back and call me a racist.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
Did you guys read what I said? They are all true facts. I am not a racist I just added that extra part in the title to get more people to read it. Seriously read the whole thing then come back and call me a racist.

Can you link or prove your so called facts, so we may review them? Otherwise this is simply a thread based on racist ideology.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
What's politics got to do with the color of my skin???

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Dude, I'm black, the way you made me sound like I was some cardboard cut out person with no feelings. I have opinions too, okay ?
Why do I feel like I have to explain this to you ? You didn't think before you posted right ?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
do you know that republicans cant stand 2 things? 1. being called a racist 2. blacks
seriously though i'm sick of the bickering and race baiting on both sides of the fence, its time to stop making race an issue.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'd ask you to indent your giant page-long paragraph so I could read this essay on political racial generalizations, but I just realized this isn't one of those debates I need to be apart of.

So why did I make this post?

Because your title makes me want to troll you.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
What's politics got to do with the color of my skin???

Nothing that's why this thread seems racist.

And OP why are you so concerned? People who are around the same people
tend to support each other, black, brown, white, doesn't matter, its been happening for
thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
OK if you still think I'm a racist. Look up president Lincoln.. Did you know he set the slaves FREE?!?! OMG REALLY?? And why don't you research the reconstruction period and how black voters were intimidated by voting so they had to call in the army in the south. Just read anything about the reconstruction. Oh yeah I can't believe a smart person like you didn't know that Woodrow Wilson was a democratic rasist that vastly approved "The Birth of a Nation" which shows black people raping and pillaging white women with the DUN DUN DUN DUN KKK to the RESCUE!!! Faster than a speeding bullet! Able to lynch blacks in 5 minutes! Can leap on top of houses and burn them down in a single minute!! Seriously you must be uneducated if you don't know about these basic facts... I'm not a racist but apparently you are.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Really, that's what I'd like to know.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

the democratic party favors welfare, which is a positive trait in the eyes of minorities. that's one reason i can think of. also i suppose a lot of African-Americans support obama for the simple fact that he is black.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
And to Bruce: that actually makes some sense.

I'm not trying to offend anybody! I'm not a racist! I just don't know why African-Americans support a party that molested them throughout most of thier parties history...

I should have known uneducated people would call me racist...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Generally, poor people follow the Democratic line because the Democrats provide more social funds to support the poor. Republicans are bent on tax cuts for businesses and the wealthy, which starves government programs like schools and social assistance.

Lately, however, it seems that neither party can claim any real support for the poor. In fact, they seem to want to tax the poor and protect the rich. They both also seem to like the wars.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Youji: Yeah but I think they incorporated that welfare and other benefits in an attempt to secure the black vote.

IT PISSES ME OFF THAT RACES GET TRICKED INTO VOTING FOR SOMETHING THAT'S BEEN CRUSHING THEM SINCE THE BEGINNING OF OUR NATION

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
Youji: Yeah but I think they incorporated that welfare and other benefits in an attempt to secure the black vote.

IT PISSES ME OFF THAT RACES GET TRICKED INTO VOTING FOR SOMETHING THAT'S BEEN CRUSHING THEM SINCE THE BEGINNING OF OUR NATION

Tell me about it.. isn't that every election?

I mean look at nixon.. bush.. obama, the list goes on.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
So should 'they' vote for blatant racist's or undercover racist's? That is the only question, because neither party is free from this cold and heavy burden of racism. It is not enough to say 'they' should vote for red or blue because of a history negligence and oppression by one party or another. 'They' should vote for honesty, freedom, sincerity, and equality, just as we all should. This is not about Black or White, Red or Blue, this is about human beings and their inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Peace.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join