It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is going down on Atheism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TruePatriot1685

Was wondering, why is it that a person not of the Christian faith is doomed? If they live a good life and are a good person, I can't understand why, if there is a heaven, they wouldn't be allowed in. Why is there exclusivity? I get that the bible says so, but I've just always wondered why?
People might not know someone personally who were raised from the dead into everlasting life.
Jesus is an example to look at, who lived righteously and God showed His approval of him by raising him from the dead. This gives us hope to be good so we will be able ourselves to go where Jesus did.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by IAMIAM

But atheist's aren't made, they are conditioned (mostly with secular brainwashing). Considering everyone has the natural instincts that there is a higher power then themselves, some just fail to realize this higher power is the God of the bible.
edit on 14-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I grew up listening to the Christian brainwashing and it didn't take. I come to my decision of non-belief on my own with no outside influences. It was my own choice based on my own research over a course of many years. I came to the conclusion that felt right to me: the story of the zombie Jew magician was made up of elements of other religions and was a manmade fabrication to control people.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
first of all, religion is a tool used to brainwash people into giving in to these monsters. secondly, athiests seem the most messed up because the mental religious folk outnumber them and make it seem like the athiests views are askew. its all about the majority and what they push onto people into believing. its like i'm living in the times of the Spanish inquisition again. how much more retarded can man get?
edit on 14-9-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

So now I just let my mind flow and it all comes together on its own.

True religion, I think, has to be something you come to on your own and not just accept.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Because ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
Paul, I think, was talking about the condition of man before the coming of Christ.
There was a law and we did not keep it as we should.
Jesus being holy himself and sitting in heaven with God as our representative, gives us access to the Holy Spirit which we did not have before, being not holy ourselves.
edit on 14-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
A wise man amongst fools is still a wise man.

Damn me if you will for my one liner! (Who am I talking to... mods or gods? hahahahahhahahaha)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

In fact why did baby Jesus bother coming to earth – if he kept out of the way – nobody would have to go to hell for not believing in him?
If you look for a verse which says something like that, what you find is Jesus saying the Jews would be judged, which you could take as the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 ad.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by doubleplusungood

If an atheist found religion but it wasn't christianity, would you still fear for their soul?
Yes, if it taught not to worry about being good, which would include some religions calling themselves Christian.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I believe in myself and my fellow man...not one single god.

Yet I still have a deep appreciation for the driving force which apparently designed or at least guided the creation o this universe and all of its deep and massively undiscovered complexity. Religion does NOTHING but divide...and the proof of that is ALL THROUGHOUT HISTORY. Its as ridiculous as people getting into fights over #ing football...

No im not an athiest or a "this" or "that".

I make no claim of being better than anyone else nor do I indulge in materialism or elitism. As a matter of fact it is quite the opposite. So what can you say to this then? Clearly I can be a true, honorable and caring person without religion.

People need to grow up out of this hugely dividing "team religion" mentalities and #ing come together already.

Modern religion is a lie. I will elaborate on this if you so wish but it would be great if you could open your own eyes for yourself and see this.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Thanks for answering.
I would find it quite distressing if I thought 4 billion people would be going to hell. Guess that is why some people want others to believe so badly.
In your opinion, is the belief in jesus' message more important than the belief in his divinity?
Or are they both as important?

edit on 14-9-2011 by doubleplusungood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubleplusungood

Thanks for answering.
I would find it quite distressing if I thought 4 billion people would be going to hell. Guess that is why some people want others to believe so badly.
In your opinion, is the belief in jesus' message more important than the belief in his divinity?
Or are they both as important?

I would say that they're both equally important.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by GmoS719

A good atheist who lives their life to the fullest and gives all they can for the good and love of life will find heaven.

A bad religious person will most certainly go to hell.

God would understand the amount of deceit that has happened over the centuries and understand that the mirror is now foggy and no matter how much we wipe it never becomes clear.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

"But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it." Matthew 7:14

I realize that quoting scripture is not validation, for many, that there is only one way to heaven, but for me it is more than enough. Hey, if I am wrong, what have I lost? I have lived a good and moral life. But if I am right I have gained eternal life with my heavenly Father. I have no reason to not have complete faith in the Word of God, its has never let me down.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by doubleplusungood

in your opinion, is the belief in jesus' message more important than the belief in his divinity?

Divinity, if you take it to mean, good, is very important.
If you think it means he is actually God, then it is counterproductive to think so.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jugtalicus

People need to grow up out of this hugely dividing "team religion" mentalities and #ing come together already.
I agree that modern popular religion is practically worthless.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by GmoS719

A good atheist who lives their life to the fullest and gives all they can for the good and love of life will find heaven.

A bad religious person will most certainly go to hell.

God would understand the amount of deceit that has happened over the centuries and understand that the mirror is now foggy and no matter how much we wipe it never becomes clear.

I do agree that a bad religous person will most certainly go to hell. Religion is not what saves us, it is Jesus and only Jesus. Mere belief is not enough. Satan believes. It is to live for Jesus and folllow him that makes the difference. A faith that you would lay your life down for.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IHEARTBACON

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

"But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it." Matthew 7:14

I realize that quoting scripture is not validation, for many, that there is only one way to heaven, but for me it is more than enough. Hey, if I am wrong, what have I lost? I have lived a good and moral life. But if I am right I have gained eternal life with my heavenly Father. I have no reason to not have complete faith in the Word of God, its has never let me down.
How is giving an intellectual assent to the existence of Jesus a difficult road?
Obviously Jesus was talking about A WAY.
The early believers before being called Christians called themselves the followers of the way.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury

Sorry.. god created me to think this way.. to not believe in him,
to use science to find truth, to question his teachings.

I won't let a christian get me down any day, I just reply with the same question.
Where's the proof?

Have you actually pulled out a bible and truely studied it in an effort to refute it? I think you should. God says to test his word. But be unbiased and see where it leads you. Remember not to just pull one verse and rip it apart, like many do. Read it in context with the verse before and after. God loves you know matter what you believe and he is waiting on you.

link   

Originally posted by graphuto
reply to post by bogomil

Does Hinduism claim exclusivity, or have prophets?

It doesn't claim exclusivity, and it does have 'prophets' (though probably not on the christian sense).

link   

the human being is cleaver, but people are stupid... thats why there is more believers...

Religion is big business afterall as it both controls the people like sheep and makes money out of them.....

Heck the Vatican library and U will find "lost" books they keep hidden from the public because it would obviously destroy their religion if people ever read them.

end of story.

(no, its not end... cos "they" are still in control, cos U "all" still follow and obey)

and if U are muslim... so its just a bit different story with the same end.... we are all slaves...
peace

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen

What I will never understand is why anyone gives a rats ass what anyone else believes. WHO CARES. Focus on your own journey and let others do the same. The problem with the world is when people try to control.(or like many like to call it "educate") others beliefs.
We all have what we need inside of us at birth. We don't needs Bibles, Korans or Darwin. If everyone would shut the door on religion and anti religion in General you would work it out for yourself.

Nor 'Mein kampf', 'Das kapital' or Mao's little red. It's just a special kind of mindset needing that kind of stuff. Unfortunately such mindsets are very noisy and invasive.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join