It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is going down on Atheism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
Because we dont want ANYONE to be seperated from God in the end. What's so hard to understand about "WE FEAR FOR YOUR SOUL?"

The problem is Christians are the worse advertisement for Christianity possible

The thought of spending all eternity in the company of a lot of “true believers”™ is not a thrilling prospect

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Love God above all, an neighbor as youself. Who is our neighbor? Any man.

RG, you have a lot to learn about the love of God.

A newfound belief in is great, but you have to develop an intimate relationship with God in Christ.

Ahhh so that's what the priests have been doing developing intimate relationships hey?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
That's a pretty generalized, blanket statement... Why does spending eternity with good, nice people, turn you off?

link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by LightAssassin

Not true, not true at all. The atheist is called a fool in the bible, so how on earth does that equate to them being given a place in heaven? Only if they turn from there sin, put there trust in Jesus will they be allowed in.

You better ask God for forgiveness for judging. Only people that believe in Jesus get into Heaven? What if im in a African tribe and have never heard of Jesus? What about all the other religions witch are older then Christianity yet hold the same story's of Christianity and Jesus? If their are the same story's of Jesus in other religions then wouldnt that mean Christianity is based off another religion? Your preaching hate for Atheist yet you talk about Jesus who was a loving kind NURTURING person. If you do not realize EVERY sin you committed then can you get into heaven? Im no atheist, I naturally know whats right and whats wrong as most of us do, you dont need a religion to be a kind person. Most people are born into religions and have no choice. Most kids do not want to go to church every Sunday. So with that being said most people do not do any NON BIAS research because its been apart of their life for ever. Do some deep research into other religions and find the similarity's. Same story's and goals and yet just because one worships in a different way yall separate each other

link   
Why do religious people get so worked up about athiests? So what if they are claiming to know the 'truth' or whatever. If you know that you have it right and there is a God then why not just leave it and be happy that you have God in your life and accept others don't want religion in theirs.

Sometimes it really feels like threads bashing athiests are made by religious folks who are really trying to convince themselves of their own religion rather than dismantle the atheiests lack of a religion. It really is pathetic to see and just feels like the religious people are getting all worked up at the prospect that they might be wrong.

I always think to myself now who are you trying to convince in your argument the athiests or yourself?

Btw I believe in God, but not in the same way as most organised religions do

link   
reply to post by racasan

That funny! Sad, but funny.

Don't worry, they'll have separate rooms in a far flung wing of the mansion, many of them.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

And that, was not funny at all. Quite offensive actually.

Grow up.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Sorry - but I was talking about Christians

ZING

edit on 14-9-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

before i will share you " fears for my soul " : can i have some evidence of its existance ?

Sure, the Torah, and the fact that people have been practicing Abrahamic religions for the better part of recorded history. I suppose that isn't enough for you though. There will be no physical evidence found. Paraphrasing here, as I don't remember the Book, Chapter, and Verse:

"The folly of the things men preach in order to save souls pleased God"

"The things of man are of man, and the things of God are of God"

In which case hinduism is even better (I believe it beats the torah with some centuries).

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
As an atheist fool, I deserve hell. I deserve to be tortured FOREVER in fire, at least that's what the christian god and christians think I deserve. Why should I let some innocent person take my punishment? That's like me committing a crime, then making a baby take my punishment. If I do the crime, I should do the time, not someone else.

I mean, burning forever is a fitting punishment for not being able to muster the faith to believe in something that I've never seen, heard, felt, etc. Also, as there are multiple belief systems to choose from in this confusing world, this god has it right that if I were to choose the wrong one or had been raised in the wrong one, I should still burn FOREVER in fire. That's what we all deserve.

Amen?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

. . .neighbor as youself. Who is our neighbor? Any man.
To the people Jesus was talking to, that would mean a fellow Jew.
Keep in mind that when he used the word, neighbor, he was talking about the old written law.
Jesus modified the law and spoke of a new law, which is the spiritual law.
In the new law, it is, as you said, any man, but it was not so before.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Does Hinduism claim exclusivity, or have prophets?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
Why do religious people get so worked up about athiests?

Just to bounce of one point here

How come Christians don’t get as worked up about Buddhists or Hindus or whatever?

Buddhists or Hindus don’t want kiss baby Jesus butt any more than I do – why don’t you Christians go pick on them?

And another thing Buddhists or Hindus don’t go door to door touting for business or pimping their thing on street corners – if some one is interested in Buddhism or Hinduism they have to actually go find a Buddhist or Hindu to find out what it’s about

edit on 14-9-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

STOP HATING ON ATHEISTS!!! It's really annoying.

DON'T CALL US PITIFUL!!! I don't want, nor need, your pity, so save it for someone who cares.

Oh and maybe a source or two for the "facts" you claim.

Atheists don't care if you want to believe in a bunch of made of nonsense. Why do you care that we don't believe??? Why is it so important for the religious folks to try to impose their beliefs on us??? I just don't get it.

Keep your religion for yourself.

Because we dont want ANYONE to be seperated from God in the end. What's so hard to understand about "WE FEAR FOR YOUR SOUL?"

I just about pissed myself laughing so hard...Soul...Come on now...Save your own if you believe you have one....I am nothing more than a mammal, no different than a Chimpanzee or a whale...Just a being existing caused by natural changes in evolution of a favorable environment. No soul as far as I'm concerned, humans are no different or better than any other creature on this planet or any throughout the galaxies. Now please.....Stop trying to convert everyone and move on to your holly wars with other religions.....Atheist don't fight holly wars....We are rather peaceful.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

. . .at least that's what the christian god and christians think I deserve.
I would say, SOME Christians think that.
Jesus said workers of iniquity will be rejected from the promised better place in the next life.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
n/m

Not awake yet.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by GmoS719
I am not here to criticize non-believers.
I am only here to defend my faith and stand up for what I believe in.

Really?

And that's why you used this title: The Sun is going down on Atheism,

Wow. Quick to attack. This isn't even his thread...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup

STOP HATING ON ATHEISTS!!! It's really annoying.

DON'T CALL US PITIFUL!!! I don't want, nor need, your pity, so save it for someone who cares.

Oh and maybe a source or two for the "facts" you claim.

Atheists don't care if you want to believe in a bunch of made of nonsense. Why do you care that we don't believe??? Why is it so important for the religious folks to try to impose their beliefs on us??? I just don't get it.

Keep your religion for yourself.

I just about pissed myself laughing so hard...Soul...Come on now...Save your own if you believe you have one....I am nothing more than a mammal, no different than a Chimpanzee or a whale...Just a being existing caused by natural changes in evolution of a favorable environment. No soul as far as I'm concerned, humans are no different or better than any other creature on this planet or any throughout the galaxies. Now please.....Stop trying to convert everyone and move on to your holly wars with other religions.....Atheist don't fight holly wars....We are rather peaceful.

If you're no different than any other mammal, how would you feel about being kept in a zoo? Or killed and eaten for food? Maybe YOU'RE no different from a chimp or whale, but I sure as heck am! I have consciousness that allows me to reason.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Was wondering, why is it that a person not of the Christian faith is doomed? If they live a good life and are a good person, I can't understand why, if there is a heaven, they wouldn't be allowed in. Why is there exclusivity? I get that the bible says so, but I've just always wondered why? I'm asking you because you seem reasonable.
edit on 14-9-2011 by TruePatriot1685 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

What I will never understand is why anyone gives a rats ass what anyone else believes. WHO CARES. Focus on your own journey and let others do the same. The problem with the world is when people try to control.(or like many like to call it "educate") others beliefs.
We all have what we need inside of us at birth. We don't needs Bibles, Korans or Darwin. If everyone would shut the door on religion and anti religion in General you would work it out for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join