It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is going down on Atheism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

That is because they are not indoctrinated with any belief. Atheism is a lack of belief.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

You wrote:

["so an omnipotent all seeing all knowing god didn't know what he was doing? or didn't know how what he was doing would develop? that contradicts everything in the bible."]

That was my point, yes.

Quote: ["god never says oops i didn't mean for that to happen just ignore it."]

On a lighter note: There ARE exceptions. E.g. did the 'god' the flying spaghetti monster create cosmos on a binge, and since then he's done everything to set things straight, motivated by his own repenting.

Quote: [" do you believe in an omnipotent omnipresent god? by that statement i would have to conclude, no."]

Some types of european humour can be confusing. But no, I don't believe in such a mythological entity.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by bogomil

Afraid not. 'God' didn't know how cosmos is constructed and looks like either.

From reading your past posts on the subject I honestly thought you were above making such a blanket statement presented as fact instead of an opinion.

I can understand you. But this has a kind of 'history' on this forum, where I have spent days trying to get to the point concerning this. So consider it as a kind of insider joke.

But not that the claim is un-evidenced as such.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You've got to seriously question the motives of any organised religion that ritualistically celebrates human sacrifice via crucifixion and then through ritual, repeatedly forces its followers to 'drink' the blood and 'eat' the body of the sacrificed victim...

Do you not think you have been lied to all this time?

btw i'm not an atheist, I just don't believe in anything you do. Religion is a personal thing, meaning "I Believe" its not "I believe what i'm told to believe".

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

STOP HATING ON ATHEISTS!!! It's really annoying.

DON'T CALL US PITIFUL!!! I don't want, nor need, your pity, so save it for someone who cares.

Oh and maybe a source or two for the "facts" you claim.

Atheists don't care if you want to believe in a bunch of made of nonsense. Why do you care that we don't believe??? Why is it so important for the religious folks to try to impose their beliefs on us??? I just don't get it.

Keep your religion for yourself.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup

DON'T CALL US PITIFUL!!! I don't want, nor need, your pity, so save it for someone who cares.

Atheists don't care if you want to believe in a bunch of made of nonsense. Why do you care that we don't believe??? Why is it so important for the religious folks to try to impose their beliefs on us??? I just don't get it.

Because we dont want ANYONE to be seperated from God in the end. What's so hard to understand about "WE FEAR FOR YOUR SOUL?"

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

before i will share you " fears for my soul " : can i have some evidence of its existance ?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto

Because we dont want ANYONE to be seperated from God in the end. What's so hard to understand about "WE FEAR FOR YOUR SOUL?"

So it's for 'our own good', whether we want it or not. And christian missionaries being the knowers of ultimate truth ofcourse don't to have to consider that other people want to make their own decissions.

This kind of thinking leads directly to ideological fascism.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

before i will share you " fears for my soul " : can i have some evidence of its existance ?

Sure, the Torah, and the fact that people have been practicing Abrahamic religions for the better part of recorded history. I suppose that isn't enough for you though. There will be no physical evidence found. Paraphrasing here, as I don't remember the Book, Chapter, and Verse:

"The folly of the things men preach in order to save souls pleased God"

"The things of man are of man, and the things of God are of God"

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Please worry about your own soul. Let ME worry about MY soul. First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to remove the splinter from your brother's eye. And all that jazz

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
So it's for 'our own good', whether we want it or not. And christian missionaries being the knowers of ultimate truth ofcourse don't to have to consider that other people want to make their own decissions.

This kind of thinking leads directly to ideological fascism.

You know as well as I do that NO ONE can force a horse to drink water, we can only try and lead them to it. Make your own decisions, by all means.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruePatriot1685

Please worry about your own soul. Let ME worry about MY soul. First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to remove the splinter from your brother's eye. And all that jazz

This isn't about a beam in my eye (though I don't doubt that I have one) or the splinter in yours. This guy asked WHY DO WE CARE IF WE DON'T BELIEVE? And I answered.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The thought of spending eternity with such good Christians is really not enticing. If I am wrong I will pay, but I'm really not all that impressed with GOD or his son. Seems to me when something good happens in life it was a consumer helping a consumer. When I see a fellow consumer in need, I don't help based on religious belief, I help as I know that life is hard and we are all struggling to live.

I think if I were a good Christian I would be worried what GOD is going to say about how we have treated his creation (Earth), he might be pissed at every single one of us, for chiting up his planet. Just saying some hard questions will be asked.

"Let's go fight for peace"

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

My apologies then. I just feel if people would let others believe/ not believe as they so choose, the world would be a more peaceful place. I don't fault you for questioning the atheists out of love, but the op was pushing things a bit far calling them pitiful, no? Sorry I should not have lumped you in with him.
edit on 14-9-2011 by TruePatriot1685 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Thanks. I feel better now

But don't think I will stop the intelligent debate!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

How can one be separated from God my friend? God is all. Separation is impossible.

God = Omnipresent
Omnipresent = Everywhere
Everywhere = within Atheists too!

Listen to an Atheist and you will learn why they do not believe in God.

Why they do not believe in God is usually because those who believe have made God into a concept much smaller than God is. Thus, their condemnation of religion is justified, yes even an act of God in and of itself.

As a believer, represent the God YOU follow. If you do not see God in all, then you are following a much much smaller God than that which Jesus followed.

The lesser can never be the greater.

Judge NOT, Love all!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamsnatcher

I think if I were a good Christian I would be worried what GOD is going to say about how we have treated his creation (Earth), he might be pissed at every single one of us, for chiting up his planet. Just saying some hard questions will be asked.

Believe when I say that God is much more concerned about how we treat our fellow man than how we treat the environment.

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.
30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Love God above all, anD neighbor as youself. Who is our neighbor? Any man.

RG, you have a lot to learn about the love of God.

A newfound belief in is great, but you have yet to develop an intimate relationship with God in Christ.

edit on 14-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join