It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is going down on Atheism

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I believe the truth is: the sun is going down on Christianity.

More and more people begin to question the ludicrous stories; as science drags us closer and closer to the true origins of man.

origins that do not involve talking snakes, or men walking on water

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow, the original post is very arrogant and judgemental. Hopefully, the sun is setting on your world view, so that the world can be come a much kinder place.

Atheism will always be around whether you like it or not. You have to also consider that some major religions are atheists or have atheistic sects too, but for some reason they don't include them with the atheist because they don't want them to have a larger number...

No body is born delusional and yet religion make many delusion, that doesn't mean that delusion is good just because the majority has it

And I'm saying this and I'm not even an atheist (or a theist).

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The Bible prophecies it clearly. We live in a wicked generation. Seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear. Their eyes are glued wide shut, and the Satan has a stronghold on the entire world. And I don't mean a single spirit or guy named Lucifer, I mean the actual Satan, the evil inside me and you and everyone who roams the earth.

Good God when will they understand?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

There is no proof that good and evil exists, so saying that the world is wicked is just your opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What do you live under a rock? Go check your local newsstation and watch for the brutal homicides and rapes that occur all the time, amongst other atrocities.

No proof of evil? Wow. *mind blown*

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I would not go as far as to say that, in fact, looky here at this page, it says different!
Atheism on the rise

"More than 29.4 million Americans (14.1%) do not follow any organized religion, almost doubling from 8% in 1990. There are more Americans who say they are not affiliated with any organized religion than there are Episcopalians, Methodists, and Lutherans combined." www.gc.cuny.edu...

And then there is this, which should interest you:

The Rise of Wicca and Neo–Paganism in the United States

Wicca is becoming the fastest growing religion in the United States. This statement was something I was hearing and reading more and more. Being a member of the Pagan community, I didn’t really notice any of this growth happening. The more books and articles on the Internet that I read, the more I kept seeing this statement. The research into this declaration became my focus of interest. What fascinated me the most about this account was the fact that Wiccans and neo – Pagans do not go around with the specific intent of finding converts. In the teachings and ideas of Wicca and Paganism, the idea of looking for converts is not encouraged and is looked down upon. Anyone seeking converts into Wicca or Paganism is breaking a cardinal rule.

Even though Wicca is generally a female dominated religion, there are men involved as well. Wicca is a religion that recognizes women and men as equals, but it does put a slight emphasis on women and the Goddess. Female witches out number males two to one in the United States, according to the Covenant of the Goddess’s estimates. Covenant of the Goddess is one of the oldest and largest Wiccan groups in the United States. They also state that much of the recent growth in Wicca and neo – Paganism has been among women. (Sanders xiv)
source

Christianity in the US is collapsing
And, then there is this:
Banks foreclosing on churches in record numbers

(Reuters) - Banks are foreclosing on America's churches in record numbers as lenders increasingly lose patience with religious facilities that have defaulted on their mortgages, according to new data.

The surge in church foreclosures represents a new wave of distressed property seizures triggered by the 2008 financial crash, analysts say, with many banks no longer willing to grant struggling religious organizations forbearance.

Since 2010, 270 churches have been sold after defaulting on their loans, with 90 percent of those sales coming after a lender-triggered foreclosure, according to the real estate information company CoStar Group.

In 2011, 138 churches were sold by banks, an annual record, with no sign that these religious foreclosures are abating, according to CoStar. That compares to just 24 sales in 2008 and only a handful in the decade before.

The church foreclosures have hit all denominations across America, black and white, but with small to medium size houses of worship the worst. Most of these institutions have ended up being purchased by other churches.

All of this, coupled with humanity waking up more everyday, science proving the Bible wrong, new archaeological finds every day, like this one:
Bones of Jesus Found in Jerusalem!
I would have to say, and not in an offhand manner, that the Sun is actually going down, fast, on Organized Religion in general. From the way things are around where I live, people are leaving the church in droves.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by arpgme

What do you live under a rock? Go check your local newsstation and watch for the brutal homicides and rapes that occur all the time, amongst other atrocities.

No proof of evil? Wow. *mind blown*

There is no proof that evil and good exist, people label whatever they want as good and evil, which means that there is no real good and evil people make up their own morality and put things in categories.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The Bible prophecies it clearly. We live in a wicked generation. Seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear. Their eyes are glued wide shut, and the Satan has a stronghold on the entire world. And I don't mean a single spirit or guy named Lucifer, I mean the actual Satan, the evil inside me and you and everyone who roams the earth.

Good God when will they understand?

OK... Proof? show me how WE are a wicked generation when the greatest evils came long before. The only thing 'wicked' about this generation is the fact that we are starting to open our eyes and realise that the bible is a load of crap and that the only way we will improve this world is if we WORK towards nmproving it. Not pray to some invisible man in the sky, who if real has never done a damn thing to help us.

what has our genration done that even touches on the veils of old more then that, what have atheists ever done in comparrison to the corruption of your god and those who follwo him.

did atheists burn people at the stakes for being witches?

did atheists lead the holy crusades and kill hundreds of thousands of people for simply being a different religion?

did atheists convince the priest to molest little boys? was it the atheists that covered for them?

is it atheists standing at funerals with signs saying 'god hates fags'? Or are the atheists on the side of the homosexuals?

Do atheists follwo a book that promotes rape, murder, incest, and slavery? Or is that you and all of your fellow believers?

Christianity has done far more evil then atheism; thats a fact.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by drgrantdiz

Proof is in the pudding

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I.E you can't think of an answer because you have no proof that atheists are any more prone to criminal activities. Expecially when someone brings up just a few of the christian churches past misdeeds; you want evil and corruption look at your own twisted religion.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Whatever, you created a hell all on your own, by thinking such negative thoughts about our beautiful planet Earth and putting things in categories of "good" and "evil" when such things don't even exist. Things just ARE. No good and evil.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

There is no proof that good and evil exists, so saying that the world is wicked is just your opinion.

Murdering babies is not evil? Murder period is not evil? Stealing from someone, and robbing them and shooting them for 2 dollars is not evil?

Lady, dude, whatever you are i'd sure as hell hate to see what you call good or whatever your equivalent is. You need to pull your head out of your butt and get real. The proof evil exists is in the news everyday and even the MSM can't cover that up
. If we dream of castles in the clouds, you certainly live in them.
edit on 28-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
arpgme: enjoy your beautiful planet earth and all the worldly treasures you can get - it's probably the only heaven you'll ever get.

drgrantz - I don't need to formulate an intelligent response to you, because you won't understand or listen anyways.

God bless you both

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Lady, dude, whatever you are i'd sure as hell hate to see what you call good or whatever your equivalent is.

There is no equivalent. Things just exists. I have my own preferences but they are my own, it is "wanted" and "unwanted' but I don't dare call it good or evil because it is not some cosmic law given by a god in the sky...

There is no good or evil, things just happen, what I notice though is that people take their own preferences and then label that as good and evil, which is nonsense.

arpgme: enjoy your beautiful planet earth and all the worldly treasures you can get - it's probably the only heaven you'll ever get.

Oh no, heaven is eternal. Not just here on this earth, but before it, and after it.
edit on 28-3-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

drgrantz - I don't need to formulate an intelligent response to you, because you won't understand or listen anyways.

God bless you both

Lol so you insult my intelligence? HA it's far more likely you are too ignorant to come up with logical arguments to disprove what I said so you resort to throwing insults as a defese mechanism. The fact is you can't deny that the god you follow has a dark and bloody past, and yet you and alll the other christians promote the idea of an all loving god and attack us atheists as 'Immoral and unintelligent people' when in truth it takes far less intelligence to believe something without proof then to question the established order of things.

and unlike you, were you to provide evidence I considered real proof of god I would accept it. You however refuse to aknowledge that I have points and instead of trying to defend your beliefs you resort to trying to bring me down through petty insults like saying that I couldn't understand anything you post. Guess what my frind, I can understand far more then you think; and that is not some idle boast.

so go on and sit in front of your computer and whine because another atheists is questioning your god; maybe you should ask some questinos of your own and seeing if you can lift that shroud of ignorance that you live under.

There is no god, there is only man.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'm not whining, and I'm secure in my faith. There is nothing you could possibly say or do to sway my faith. I have heard every single atheistic argument and read every single critical viewpoint of the Christ there is to read, and none have budged me.

What do you consider evidence? What would you like me to provide you with?

I was an atheist for the first 19 years of my life. I found God in a hospital room while I was near death. I have nothing more to say to you, except if you honestly and sincerely ask God for help and proof...maybe he'd do something for you. But your pride and arrogance will probably stop you from even trying. So be it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yes I can gurantee you that I am not going to ask for help from some fictional god. Instead when I have issues I work on them MYSELF, and do whatever I cna to resolve them. You see, I value the Idea of personal responsability and don't need the christian doctrine to help me be a good man.

as for proof, show me just one piece of hard evidence that proves god's existence, you're the christian so you should be able to think of something.. if not why not just ask him? Since you know, he allegedly answers LMAO

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Point proven.

Enjoy the earth and your existence now.

It's most likely the only one you're ever gonna get.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Lol, You didn't prove a thing. But whatever Ride off into the distance thinking you've won just like you think there is a god.

You're wrong on both counts regardless, there is no god and all you've done is make yourself look like a moron who can't even debate properly

Have a nice day
edit on 28-3-2012 by drgrantdiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Matthew 5:44 "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

I'll keep you in my prayers. If only you knew.

Father forgive drgrantz for he knows not what he's saying.
edit on 3/28/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join