It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is going down on Atheism

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You could have just stayed in heaven and told other souls to not bother going to earth since they were only going to their own eternal damnation. You could have done a lot more good that way, I would think. I can't imagine how you are currently saving any souls. I would suspect that you are only creating more candidates for hell.

edit on 17-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I dont save souls. Jesus Christ saves them, and i'm finding out that youre a very rude person. If you dont agree keep your rude comments to yourself.

It is written "judge not lest you be judged, for the measure you use to judge others, shall be the measure used to judge you".

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Well i got news for you brother. Atheists are wrong, faith is not taught or imposed. We all choose to come to earth to glorify the Lord because we all start out before were born as spirits. We don't start out as athiest, we start out the servants of the Lord and those who lose their souls to Satan become unbelievers. Some of them find their way home again due to their trials and return to the Lord, others die in vain and lose their souls.

That is your own persona belief and not relevant to me in any way.

I remember specifically talking to the Lord Jesus Christ before i was ever born. He told me that he would not force me to leave heaven, that it was my choice to come to earth, because i would risk losing my soul to come here.

I had an OBE when I was about 5. I was in the "gray place" - - - a tall man in a long white robe came to me. He told me I was having difficulty separating from the spirit world. I was trying to walk in both worlds and it was confusing me. I was trying to return to the spirit world. He told me I needed to stay in the physical world. He "grounded" me from "flying" anymore - - but allowed me to keep this memory.

I'm still Atheist.

If I was religious - I would believe that man was Jesus. But I'm not and I don't.

I do believe there are many levels of consciousness or energy vibrations or whatever.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
erm nope, i see here that he says it's an intergalactic government not just galactic.

Could you define the difference.

I guess that means not just our galaxy - - but the entire universe.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Atheists are a necessity. They provide balance. You are unbalanced. Until you understand the importance of balance and come full circle you will not understand life and its values.

We are all looking at the same picture, just from a multitude of different angles.
'

Balance my ass, this reality was not meant to be a battle of good versus evil. It is written that in the end good will triumph and evil will be destroyed. It is also written that darkness cannot co-exist with the light, there for balance is bullsh*t. Light drives away the darkness and it always will because evil was never meant to exist.

If that is the case, you could help to 'remove' the darkness by denying the insane black pseudo-god going under the name Jahveh. He's one of the worst examples of darkness, which ever has bothered this planet (be he real or just representing some principles).

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

It is written that in the end good will triumph and evil will be destroyed. It is also written that darkness cannot co-exist with the light, there for balance is bullsh*t. Light drives away the darkness and it always will because evil was never meant to exist.

Who's good and Who's evil? Perspective is such an interesting concept.

When scientists use animals for testing - - - is it for the good of the animal or human?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

erm nope, i see here that he says it's an intergalactic government not just galactic.

Could you define the difference.

I guess that means not just our galaxy - - but the entire universe.

yeah, that was the gist of it. universal, in other words. i wonder how that scenario would fit into the holographic universe theory. one guy i listened to on youtube said that he believes the super massive wormholes at the center of galaxies are actually projecting 3d reality in the form of a hologram and that in reality, we are all in the singularity having the illusion of being compacted bodies separated from each other by varying distances. something about our bodies being 90 something percent empty space. was interesting. if i could find it, i would post it here.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
here it is

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

i wonder how that scenario would fit into the holographic universe theory. one guy i listened to on youtube said that he believes the super massive wormholes at the center of galaxies are actually projecting 3d reality in the form of a hologram and that in reality, we are all in the singularity having the illusion of being compacted bodies separated from each other by varying distances. something about our bodies being 90 something percent empty space. was interesting. if i could find it, i would post it here.

Anything is possible.

I think thought is energy - that creates - - - to put it in the simplest form. I think we are layers and layers and layers removed from the first thought energy. We are all ripples in the same pond.

The holographic video game.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
Mathew:7:1 "Judge not and you be not judged"

Mathew 7:12 "do unto others what you want others to do unto to you"
edit on 14-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

You forgot
Mark 16:15 And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news (the Gospel) to every creature [of the whole [e]human race]. Amplified Bible

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. KJV

So yes you are right that we are not to judge others, but it is with our own spirit or will that we are not to judge.
Galatians chapter 6, explains how we are to conduct ourselves as Christians.

Ephesians chapter 2 is another good one to read.

To be a Christian comes with responsibility, and it is a responsibility that is not to judge, but to share God's Word with a loving and compassionate heart.
God wants every single soul to not suffer everlasting death if it were possible in men and women's hearts that they would only have faith.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I wonder if the OP can read Aramaic, Greek, Ge'ez, and the other languages the books of the bible would have originally written in.

The OP needs to watch "Lost in Translation".
There are already proven cases of this in the King James AND NIV translations of the bible.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
Mathew:7:1 "Judge not and you be not judged"

Mathew 7:12 "do unto others what you want others to do unto to you"
edit on 14-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

You forgot
Mark 16:15 And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news (the Gospel) to every creature [of the whole [e]human race]. Amplified Bible

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. KJV

So yes you are right that we are not to judge others, but it is with our own spirit or will that we are not to judge.
Galatians chapter 6, explains how we are to conduct ourselves as Christians.

Ephesians chapter 2 is another good one to read.

To be a Christian comes with responsibility, and it is a responsibility that is not to judge, but to share God's Word with a loving and compassionate heart.

I believe in Christ the messenger, and God the source, through which all things spring from.

It is better to be not judgmental, and spread love with love and a compassionate heart.

Peace and thanks for the reply.

edit on 19-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

The Bible is wrong, a bat is not a bird. Is the Earth flat, or disc shaped as the scripture describes? Not according to science.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

The Bible is wrong, a bat is not a bird. Is the Earth flat, or disc shaped as the scripture describes? Not according to science.

It's my experience, that in such contexts it's necessary to emphasize 'standard science' or 'REAL science' to avoid being flooded with all the hijacked versions misusing and degrading the name of science.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

We all choose to come to earth to glorify the Lord because we all start out before were born as spirits. We don't start out as athiest, we start out the servants of the Lord and those who lose their souls to Satan become unbelievers. Some of them find their way home again due to their trials and return to the Lord, others die in vain and lose their souls.

Jeez, what was I thinking? I was living in heaven already, then I decided to come down here and will probably end up burning forever. I AM AN IDIOT.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

We all choose to come to earth to glorify the Lord because we all start out before were born as spirits. We don't start out as athiest, we start out the servants of the Lord and those who lose their souls to Satan become unbelievers. Some of them find their way home again due to their trials and return to the Lord, others die in vain and lose their souls.

Wow this is getting more and more desperate......

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Wow this is getting more and more desperate......

Depends on how you look at it.

Religion presented this way is the best way of turning christians into decent christians and those on the fence into atheists.

I'm a big fan of Lonewolf. He ensures, that the sun doesn't goes down on atheism.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The theory behind 50/50 is totally misused and incorrect in the original posters Youtube link by the way.

In the sense of it trying to make its point. As far as the "Russian Roulette" goes, that too is 50/50. you live or die.

and on the flip side, using the same logic as the revolver example - 1/6 chance of firing a bullet, is the same as saying "Jesus is the only way of salvation" is 1 in (however many other beliefs exist in other religions, faiths and ideas in the world - so basically A LOT) and not "50-50"

no wonder comments had been disabled on the link, its nonsensical. Just thought id add that in case anyone here is one of the "converted" the creator claims to have in-sighted.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Haha. This the 2nd post I've seen from this member recently and both were equally invalid. The one questioning evolution was ridiculous.

A favorite saying of the atheist is that atheism is the most NATURAL state of man. They claim that all people are "born" atheists and that religion is merely taught or imposed. Apparently - our "intelligent" atheist friends have not thought that logic through very well. Since the vast majority of the world's population is "religious" and believes in "God" - then obviously many more have left atheism to become religious - than the other way around. By the atheist's own admission they have lost multiplied billions to religion and God!

A worldwide survey shows the population of atheists at only around 2.4% of the world's total population. "Worldwide adherents of all Religions by Six Continental Areas, Mid-1995" Encyclopedia Britannica.

1. Religion is taught and imposed on the youth and is the main reason people "chose" religion. This is fact, not speculation.

2. Atheism itself is not a religion, in fact there are several atheistic religions (Buddhism being one of the bigger ones) out there, they just don't have a belief in god as part of it. Atheists don't keep count of the amount of members as if its a completion or go door to door trying to recruit. They just follow logic in determining beliefs, not blind faith.

3. Appeal to popularity fallacy. Read about it. I'd bet the numbers would be a lot closer if you took all the atheistic belief systems and put them together, instead of ignoring major groups of atheists. Some 1.1 billion in the world are secular, and another half billion to a billion more are Buddhist. 2.4% is completely fabricated.

4. You're quoting encyclopedia Britanica from 1995 as a source that atheism is declining TODAY, plus you didn't even provide a single source in your post. Distrusted? By who? Where is this survey? What a joke.

It sounds to me like the OP is insecure with her faith and needs to justify it and attempt to belittle others because they don't believe the same thing as her. "OMG!! Christians and Muslims don't trust atheists out of all the other people on some selective list!!! That proves it!!!" Nice attempt. semi humorous, but utterly absurd and you'd get laughed out of any debate bringing popularity statistics into it. Popular belief = absolute truth, right?

At least people who worship the sun worship something tangible, that's scientifically proven to exist and give us life. So yeah, there are atheists word wide so the sun is not setting on all of them. It might be setting on some depending on what time it is and where you live, but your arguments are completely invalid on all fronts.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Indicating that a greater population believes that there is a god does not logically resolve to "being born with a belief in a god".
It would be similar to say,
"People that are black make up the majority of the prison population, thus people that are black are born criminals". I do not agree with that intellectually bankrupt logic.

Thus far, all scientific attempts to suggest that children are "born believers" all fall under pseudoscience.
You cannot be born with an opinion,
"we were born all liking cheese, or we all were born with a dislike of cheese"
just as much, "I do believe there is a god, I do not believe there is a god"
The question of existence is unknown to a newborn.
While there certainly is a PREDISPOSITION to a belief in supernatural, it is not an indicator of being born with belief; in fact, it explains the result of all religions.

I do agree that a lot of propaganda and ignorance has allowed atheists to be target of prejudiced views and distrust.

You say that the theist population is 97-98% when, in fact, you miss out on the 16% that are identified as nonreligious.
Comparatively to all sects of Christianity combined:
2.1 billion claim to be Christian (33%)
1.1 billion are nonreligious (16%)

While the god you believe in may call me a fool,
You have proven to be the greater of the fools.

Truth has been seen!

-Neverseenit
edit on 21-10-2011 by Neverseenit because: Adjustments

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

the bible is chock full of innacuracies , fallacies and lies - but to origional text does not claim " bats are birds "

later translations made this error

the origional text says [ paraphrasing ] bats are flying things , birds are flying things

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join