It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is going down on Atheism

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by bogomil

well i'm with him about ancient history. i don't think it's nearly as unscientific as people believe today. in fact, i think the only thing that's really unscientific about it, is how people have mistranslated it and taught it, over the years.
edit on 17-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

And what on earth has history to do with the 'soft' social science of statistics (being misused in OP) or any thelogical claims?

The acheological site of Uppsala, the center of Woden worship, also exists. This doesn't 'prove' northern mythology. It only proves, that those telling this mythology knew of Uppsala.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

But I’m talking about science – simple observational astronomy anybody with a functioning eye could do

read this (it'll flip ya out if you look at it carefully and ponder the implication), excerpted from the book of enoch

11. And I saw a deep abyss, with columns ⌈⌈of heavenly fire, and among them I saw columns⌉⌉ of fire fall, which were beyond measure alike towards the height and towards the depth. 12. And beyond that abyss I saw a place which had no firmament of the heaven above, and no firmly founded earth beneath it: there was no water upon it, and no birds, but it was a waste and horrible place. 13. I saw there seven stars like great burning mountains, and to me, when I inquired regarding them, 14. The angel said: 'This place is the end of heaven and earth: this has become a prison for the stars and the host of heaven. 15. And the stars which roll over the fire are they which have transgressed the commandment of the Lord in the beginning of their rising, because they did not come forth at their appointed times. 16. And He was wroth with them, and bound them till the time when their guilt should be consummated (even) ⌈for ten thousand years⌉.'

---

he saw an active galaxy, including the radiation jets (which he describes as pillars of fire "which were beyond measure alike towards the height and towards the depth"), and the stars caught in the gravity well of it. since the milky way hasn't been active in a very long time, it must've been a totally different galaxy. the text was written sometime before 1 AD

see this nasa video of a of a black hole consuming a star and going into active phase, for visualization purposes of the radiation jets.

and this video, showing the stars in our own milky way galaxy, circling around the inactive super massive black hole at the center

to me it sounds like he's trying to explain what he's been told he' s looking at and using the language he had available, further complicated by english translators trying to translate it into english. i have this theory that the opening passages of genesis are explaining the creation of the galaxies of the universe via their super massive black holes, which you can see more about here:

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

i think norse mythology is telling the same stories as the ones from egypt and mesopotamia, but with their own cultural tilt and language. for example, i think the world serpent is the same thing as leviathan and tiamat. same story, retold, different perspective.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
oh this one is even better

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

hi undo
I think we have gone well off topic

Lets leave all this for another thread

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by undo

hi undo

I'll second that. The topic here is the claims in OP.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I think Neil Degrasse Tyson puts it best:

"God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that is getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time goes on."

As time went on, religion has receded. An example of this is how the world used to be referred to as flat. The only reason for this is because it was supported by the church. The first time it was presented to be round (observations of the lunar cycle), the philosophers who proposed it were often laughed at, or worse. Religion has been a bane on humanity in the sense that it has hindered science. You may not respect science, but it is the only reason that you are not sitting in a cave without fire right now.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hey there undo!
I find the research/information/POV presented in your posts to be quite interesting/intriguing. I plan on reading up on your work about Stargates when I get some more time as well. It's apparent to me that you are quite knowledgeable of the times of many moons ago, and it is refreshing to see someone refute the dismissal of some Biblical data without the self-righteousness. I was wondering what your stance is on the state of Religion today as compared with agnosticism and atheism. With the correlations you have made between different cultures/belief systems, do you believe in the existence of one paramount truth behind the mysteries of life and a higher power(s)? Also, if beings were deified by earthlings at any juncture of human history who are not omni-everything, intelligent-designers (not just life but all matter) do you have any insight as to what they would believe in, as in who created them or if they would be moral beings? If the sun isn't going down on atheism (as I see it, certainly not the view of the OP) do you think the disbelief in ones previous God of a modern religion has negative implications, or would it maybe allow them to look into an even bigger picture?
edit on 17-9-2011 by BernardShakey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

hi undo

you said you were talking about simple observational astronomy, and i showed you how it may be alot more than that and THEN you tell me we're off topic.
why's everyone afraid of that passage. i post it and people get real quiet like.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

hi undo

you said you were talking about simple observational astronomy, and i showed you how it may be alot more than that and THEN you tell me we're off topic.
why's everyone afraid of that passage. i post it and people get real quiet like.

Well, I for one would like to thank you for enlightening me!
I guess there really IS some truth to the bible after all., It's just written in some weird, wonky code...

I sure would like to study these connections further, any recommended reading?

Thanks, IrVulture...(A devout non-theist)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BernardShakey

i think the text is indicating a divine council with a pair of co-rulers, who are not always in agreement with each other regarding the affairs of this planet and the people on it. now whether they are extra-terrestrial in the modern sense,or extra-terrestrial in the biblical sense ( are they different???) or whether they are other dimensional or even from some alternate universe, i don't know. i'd be skeptical if a group of ETs came here and said they were the same ones mentioned in our ancient texts, but i'd also be extremely careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. it's a tough call and one that shouldn't be leapt into feet first, either way. personally, i would be doing alot of praying and soul searching before making any type of conscious decision in such a scenario.

as far as the state of religion today, i think it serves the original purpose it was set out to serve: to civilize human beings and teach them their capacity to be more than their animal flesh suggests. i view it as the original law, which was eventually secularized on most of the planet, primarily because too high a concentration of one belief, can make life miserable for everyone.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

there's a lot of recommended reading, like 6000 years worth lol
but lemme think...

1. my thread, "Stargates are Real" linked in my signature.

2. a book called "GOD'S PLAN FOR MAN" written back in the 1940's by a fellow named Finis Jennings Dake, a hard core fundie christian that claims the universe has a galactic government, that this planet was originally the home planet of a race of angels, who developed into a technological civilization, went out and colonized other planets, moons and stars, had a star wars type war and in the process this planet was devastated, really interesting reading (but a huge book in fine print, not for the feint of heart. most of it has nothing to do with the topic of ETs though, only a couple pages) tiny.cc...

2. writings by a native american fellow named Robert Morningsky, called "The Terra Papers" www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

3. writings by Zecharia Sitchin, "The Earth Chronicles" www.sitchin.com...

4. writings by someone who disagrees with Sitchin (lol, always good to thoroughly investigate), Michael S. Heiser particularly his work on the Divine Council, What is an Elohim? and "The Nachash and His Seed, Some Explanatory Notes on Why the “Serpent” in Genesis 3 Wasn't a Serpent" www.thedivinecouncil.com...

5. pretty much anything written by ancient astronaut theorists, as they tend to just look at those aspects of the ancient world that most closely suggest advanced technology, such as Erich Von Daniken and another stargate researcher named William Henry
www.daniken.com...
www.williamhenry.net...

Also, videos and websites of people like Doug Elwell, you can hear an interview with him here
vftb.net...

And credit where credit is due, the gentleman whose video first explained to me that Enoch's seeing a super massive black hole

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

reply to post by IrVulture

A book called "GOD'S PLAN FOR MAN" written back in the 1940's by a fellow named Finis Jennings Dake, a hard core fundie christian that claims the universe has a galactic government,

I think this guy has the right idea, but from the wrong perspective. Way too much of the universe developed before earth.

I don't think earth is that significant - except as a political territory.

I think the Terra Papers are probably closes to the truth.

------------------------------------------------------------

Someone stated the Internet is the major blow to organized religion.

I agree. Information and knowledge are the real keys to truth.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

oh the race of angels on the earth were just one race out of many, according to that guy. and he said it was a galactic government, meaning that it was all over this galaxy, meaning there were more civilizations besides the ones on earth but the biblical text is only dealing with the civs on this planet and our local system. he doesn't mention other galaxies though, unless i missed it. what i found interesting was that he wrote it in like 1949.

i'll see if i can type up an excerpt from it. it's just such small print,
and my eyesight is damaged from chemo and diabetes

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

oh the race of angels on the earth were just one race out of many, according to that guy. and he said it was a galactic government, meaning that it was all over this galaxy, meaning there were more civilizations besides the ones on earth but the biblical text is only dealing with the civs on this planet and our local system. he doesn't mention other galaxies though, unless i missed it. what i found interesting was that he wrote it in like 1949.

i'll see if i can type up an excerpt from it. it's just such small print,
and my eyesight is damaged from chemo and diabetes

OK. Gotcha! Have some issues myself.

Angels like God are interpretation. I do know the "story" of evolved spiritual beings (or light beings) - - who disobeyed their laws in order to experience physical -- got caught in a vortex and were trapped on earth.

I've been following this stuff for so long I never bother with details anymore. Its more like a combination of everything.

1949 does seem a bit unusual - - but I was born in 1946 and had OBEs - premonitions and other experiences from my earliest memories. This is not new stuff. Its just more open now.

My mom belonged to a club called The Mental Shop - - - that discussed UFOs and other paranormal stuff.

Edgar Cayce's first reading was in 1901.

People today are very lucky to have the internet to discuss all this stuff. I was a child lost in a strange world.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
erm nope, i see here that he says it's an intergalactic government not just galactic. dang even my bifocals aren't strong enough to read this. can't type it up as i have to strain to see every word.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Well i got news for you brother. Atheists are wrong, faith is not taught or imposed. We all choose to come to earth to glorify the Lord because we all start out before were born as spirits. We don't start out as athiest, we start out the servants of the Lord and those who lose their souls to Satan become unbelievers. Some of them find their way home again due to their trials and return to the Lord, others die in vain and lose their souls.

I remember specifically talking to the Lord Jesus Christ before i was ever born. He told me that he would not force me to leave heaven, that it was my choice to come to earth, because i would risk losing my soul to come here. I wanted to glorify the Lord and testify to his love and salvation for the lost. Before i was to leave, the man who is now my twin brother volunteered to come with me. We were born together because the Lord knew that we would need eachother to lean on during our trials here.

I remember seeing the stars and galaxies as i talked with God, i dont remember much else besides my conversation with Yeshua, except i remember hurtling towards earth, and down through the floors of the hospital i was born in and then blinding light when i was born.

In fact that Catholics got the concept of purgatory backwards, you dont die and go to purgatory, youre born into purgatory and we have to find our way home again and many fail. Personally i'm ready for the Lord to return and call me home, i've had enough of this hell and godlessness. I long to return to my Lord's side.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Atheists are a necessity. They provide balance. You are unbalanced. Until you understand the importance of balance and come full circle you will not understand life and its values.

We are all looking at the same picture, just from a multitude of different angles.
'

Balance my ass, this reality was not meant to be a battle of good versus evil. It is written that in the end good will triumph and evil will be destroyed. It is also written that darkness cannot co-exist with the light, there for balance is bullsh*t. Light drives away the darkness and it always will because evil was never meant to exist.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You could have just stayed in heaven and told other souls to not bother going to earth since they were only going to their own eternal damnation. You could have done a lot more good that way, I would think. I can't imagine how you are currently saving any souls. I would suspect that you are only creating more candidates for hell.

edit on 17-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I know this isn't the spiritual thread - - but my "guys" are just recently telling me to surround myself with yellow. I have no clue - but have learned not to ignore.

Though I am connected somehow to something I can not see - - I still consider myself Atheist.

In no way do I believe in the god of religion. I makes no sense to me at all. That man interpreted beings "from the sky" as gods - - does make sense to me.

Again - - - The Internet - Knowledge - Information - - - leads to truth.

Saying "The Sun is going down on Atheism - - - is really kind of silly.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join