It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is going down on Atheism

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

If anything 9/11 led me to belief in Christianity when i found out it was an inside job and the evil plan of the world.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by undo
it is the text least likely to contain errors as regards what the ancient hebrews, egyptians and other mesopotamians, saw, heard, and believed.

Sure, but there's no way of knowing if that text is accurate. There is no telling how many people have had their hands on those writings, and changed, embellished, added to, and/or taken from those writings which you call the "original hebrew writings".

This is a common misconception amongst skeptics, the texts actually haven't changed at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The Holy Bible is the Ultimate truth. Being apart of the truth seeking movement is futile unless you can grasp this.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

So you decided to join in with that evil plan?
Just wondering since you support and idolize the people who pulled it off, Israel.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Nope i opposed to that plan that's why i became a Christian.

I don't idolize Israel. But Jesus is the son of God and he is my shepherd.
edit on 16-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

How do you know this? Do you have any evidence to back this clain up my friend?
Please, enlighten me like every other as failed to so thus far, I'm waiting.

I'm sorry but I have no intention to blindly follow something that there is no evidence too.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Glad to hear that.
I suppose I should calm down a little, then.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

Sure here you go:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Jesus is just continuation of the sun god theme, this time for the age of Pisces

Evolution is the correct answer to the question of why there is diversity of life on earth (and probably on every other planet that has life as well)

The internet is where religions come to die – hence the rise in atheism

The crew of flying saucers (should they prove to be real) are most likely intelligent life forms from other planets exploring the universe (in the same way we will some day – and how we would have been if christianity hadn’t held us back for 1000 years)

I could probably find video’s on youtube to back up everything I have written here – if you think it will help?

edit on 16-9-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Concluding:

Proof that god exists is that in 1947 United Nations decided to devide Palestine into two. One part for the jews ( we owed the jews a lot because of what they went through during the WW2, so we decided to give them a piece of land) and one part for the Palestinians.

In 1948 David-Ben Gurion decides to name this piece of land the state of Israel..That is proof of the existance of god because somebody in the Bilbe speculated that the Israelians got their land back.

Ever occured to you it might be the other way around? Because we (united nations) felt somewhat obligated to give 'em something, why not steal some land from some Arabs and call it Israel because the good book says so..

Not really proof to me, as all the proof always comes from the same book over and over again, the Bible. Like the Mahābhārata, which has many truths also, and predictions to be found, similar to the Mayan predictions and the one from Nostradamus one can always find and relate something to the words/verses written.

Typically human, like we see a face or a known shape when we look at the clouds,but its just our mind playing tricks on us, making something out of absolutely nothing.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by infinitecuriosity

Rubbish!!!! Mayans, Nostradamu and other religious texts don't even come close to the accuracy of prophecy filled in the bible. There are like 1000 prophecy's that have been fulfilled so far.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Gnostic gospels have been proven to be faked atleast 300 years after the new testement was finished. Your sun God pagan rubbish is not going to work with me my friend.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'd rather stick to this:
You must hate - (Luke 14:26) - "If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple."

(Jeremiah 32:27) - "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?"
(Judges 1:19) - "Now the Lord was with Judah, and they took possession of the hill country; but they could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley because they had iron chariots."

In Jeremiah 32:27 God is speaking about His might and sovereignty. God can do anything He wants to do. In Judges 1:19, the Lord was indeed with Judah, but the fact that Judah could not drive out the inhabitants of the land does not mean that God couldn't do it. God often uses people and takes their failures into account when carrying out His ultimate plan.

Or:
If Job was blameless, why did God allow Satan to afflict him?

(Job 1:1) - "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job, and that man was blameless, upright, fearing God, and turning away from evil."

(Job 1:12) - "Then the Lord said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him."

And I wonder why an omniloving, potent, knowing being keeps himself busy with human emotions..

God of Peace

(Isaiah 2:4) - "And He will judge between the nations, and will render decisions for many peoples; and they will hammer their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, And never again will they learn war."
(Romans 15:33) - "Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen."

God of War

(Exodus 15:3) - "The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is His name."
(Joel 3:9-10) - "Proclaim this among the nations: Prepare a war; rouse the mighty men! Let all the soldiers draw near, let them come up! Beat your plowshares into swords, 10And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, “I am a mighty man.

(Genesis 6:6,7) - "And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7And the Lord said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them."
(Exodus 32:14) - "So the Lord changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people."
(Jonah 3:10) - "When God saw their deeds, that they turned from their wicked way, then God relented concerning the calamity which He had declared He would bring upon them. And He did not do it."

Human emotions are for humans, the only way for a god to have and show emotions is because we created him in our minds...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

well fair is fair – none of your rubbish is working with me

oh by the way

isis & horus or jesus and mary?
i1198.photobucket.com...

the good shepherd Hermes
www.jesusneverexisted.com...
or
the good shepherd Apollo
www.jesusneverexisted.com...

the good shepherd jesus
www.ogs.net...

I wouldn’t know a Gnostic gospel if it gave me a hair cut – but I do know astronomy and after reading the bible I can tell you – Jesus is just another sun god

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
This is a common misconception amongst skeptics, the texts actually haven't changed at all.

Show me the original writings and compare them to what we have today.

You can not do this. There are NOOOOOOO original writings. What we do have are copies of copies of copies, etc. So, how do you know they haven't changed? How can you prove this?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

not quite. close but no cigar. for example, hermes is mercury. since when is mercury a sun god?
\Hermes (play /ˈhɜrmiːz/; Greek Ἑρμῆς) is the great messenger of the gods in Greek mythology and a guide to the Underworld.

Roman adaptation of the Greek religion (see interpretatio romana), Hermes was identified with the Roman god Mercury, who, though inherited from the Etruscans, developed many similar characteristics, such as being the patron of commerce.

Hermes, as an inventor of fire,[4] is a parallel of the Titan, Prometheus. In addition to the lyre, Hermes was believed to have invented many types of racing and the sports of wrestling and boxing, and therefore was a patron of athletes.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by racasan

not quite. close but no cigar. for example, hermes is mercury. since when is mercury a sun god?
Hermes (play /ˈhɜrmiːz/; Greek Ἑρμῆς) is the great messenger of the gods in Greek mythology and a guide to the Underworld.

Roman adaptation of the Greek religion (see interpretatio romana), Hermes was identified with the Roman god Mercury, who, though inherited from the Etruscans, developed many similar characteristics, such as being the patron of commerce.

Hermes, as an inventor of fire,[4] is a parallel of the Titan, Prometheus. In addition to the lyre, Hermes was believed to have invented many types of racing and the sports of wrestling and boxing, and therefore was a patron of athletes.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

sorry but what does any of this have to do with what I wrote?

It should be clear even to you that Jesus is just another representation of the sun god archetype that seems to have been around for a very long time

I highly recommend you familiarise yourself with the “procession of the equinoxes”

also
The bible covers the time period between the end of the Age of Taurus and the start of the Age of Pisces

the Age of Taurus
Based on Constellation boundary year began ca. 4525 BC to ca. 1875 BC
Note:

When Moses was said to have descended from the mountain with the ten commandments (c. 17th - 13th century BC, the end of the Age of Taurus),some of his people or followers were found by him to be worshipping a golden bull calf. He instructed these false idol-worshippers to be killed. This represents Moses "killing" the bull and ending the Age of Taurus, and ushering in the Age of Aries, which he represents.

The Age of Aries
Based on Constellation boundary year began ca. 1875 BC to ca. 100 AD

The Age of Pisces
Based on Constellation boundary year began ca. 100/90 BC and ends ca. AD 2680.

you might ask yourself how come all the fish/fisherman references associated with Jesus and early Christianity and how this is happened at the start of the age of Pisces - (there where many such cults that sprung up at that time anticipating and avatar of the new age)

And you might also wonder who is keeping this tradition alive (all the new age types looking forward to the Age of Aquarius and so on)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So... anybody got a list of those "like 1000 prophecy's that have been fulfilled so far"

Wow, so many. I was unaware. Would that suggest there are numerous fulfilled prophecies on almost every page of the Bible? ...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

it has to do with the fact you posted a pic of hermes with a sheep on his shoulders (that's how shepherds carried sheep) and claimed it proved jesus was a sun god. not hardly. apollo was a sun god, but hermes was not. depicting apollo with a sheep on his shoulders proves that apollo could carry sheep but not that he was the symbol from which jesus was created as a fictional being. use your common sense. if both the sun and mercury are carrying sheep on their shoulders, it should tell you the story is more complex than the treatment zeitgeist gave it

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I highly recommend you familiarise yourself with the “procession of the equinoxes”

you mean like this?

do you honestly think that everyone that disagrees with the premise of zeitgeist hasn't studied anything at all and are just a bunch of idiots?

WHATEVER. hehe

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join