It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is going down on Atheism

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
how do you prove a thing is accurate without using it in example? like, the creation of the galaxies thing, based on the original hebrew, says

Basic simplicity in previous posts only addressing the reality of Jesus and the Christian bible.

What is god?

Is the god that humans know - evolved beings that either visited earth and/or even terraformed this planet?

Is god energy that evolved into consciousness - - creating physical?

Being Atheist only means lack of belief in a deity. That is all it means.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BernardShakey

I am not morally bankrupt. Love is where it's at. I'm a pretty decent specimen of a human being, I'd like to think. I know there is more to this. [edit by JM] Sorry but I don't need to explain what I believe in in order to approve of what I believe in to myself.
You don't need my approval either but I will say thanks for giving and sharing and I would like to commend you on your being decent.
I think the world is sorely in need of a lot more people just like you (knowing it is about love), no matter what your beliefs may be.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

There are a small percentage of theists who are non-judgemental, that accept everyone and keep their beliefs to themselves, and you know what? They get along GREAT with us atheists, because they LISTEN, they RESPECT our opinion and our questions even if they cannot provide the answer, and they DRAW A LINE between believing in religion and claiming that it is the absolute truth and anyone who denies is will be forever tortured.
I would like to be like one of those and not to hate people who are different. I am kind of stuck with it because my theistic views to most other theists seem rather unconventional, so everyone is different to me, not being of a cultish mindset myself.
edit on 15-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

how do you prove a thing is accurate without using it in example? like, the creation of the galaxies thing, based on the original hebrew, says

What is god?

Is the god that humans know - evolved beings that either visited earth and/or even terraformed this planet?

i think its all of the above.
aspects of god are called god, even if they are only parts of god. things associated with god, are called god. the creative force in the universe is at its most basic, super massive black holes. well, actually super massive white holes, since they are active while creating. they are called gods. sorta like saying, you decide to mow your lawn. both you and the mower could be called mowers. you because you're mowing, and the mower because it's also mowing. english is a tricky language. it kinda flubbers up ancient hebrew

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Don't bother trying to show the light to a person like Annee. No amount of evidence will be sufficient for them.

The Fool has already said in his heart that their is no God.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuned Agent

It's a sad day on ATS when a so called religious zealot like the Op cannot fully comprehend the fallacy of his/her remarks.
I added one of my own to your little collection of stars for your post.
That made me smile so I thank you for that.
Christianity is about love and not judgement and hate. Sorry some who use that name for themselves forget or never understood that part.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Here's the thing though, Christians feel that they have all the answers and everyone else is wrong.
Most Christians do not have a clue about the theology of the religion they profess to believe in and are actually wrong, if the guide to right and wrong is the Bible.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291
A question:
If jesus died for our sins, why is sin still such an issue? In my opinion him dying for our sins did nothing...nada...didly squat. Look around, take a nice look around the world and maybe, just maybe you will see how all loving your god is.
edit on 14/9/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)
It may be difficult a bit from the perspective of the ordinary person to see the difference.
I think if we went back to ancient Mesopotamia or the time of Alexander or the Caesars and the utter brutality of that age, we would be happy to come back here.
edit on 15-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

What is god?

i think its all of the above.
aspects of god are called god, even if they are only parts of god. things associated with god, are called god. the creative force in the universe is at its most basic, super massive black holes. well, actually super massive white holes, since they are active while creating. they are called gods. sorta like saying, you decide to mow your lawn. both you and the mower could be called mowers. you because you're mowing, and the mower because it's also mowing. english is a tricky language. it kinda flubbers up ancient hebrew

Then we will separate for discussion purpose.

For me the label God is the god of organized religion. Therefore I will not use the terminology god in reference to anything else.

God would be the title of superior beings who came to earth - - that early humans formed/organized religion to worship them.

For me energy creation is NOT god. It is energy - energy evolved - - - but I will not label it god. It is not something I worship as a deity.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by undo

Don't bother trying to show the light to a person like Annee. No amount of evidence will be sufficient for them.

The Fool has already said in his heart that their is no God.

Uh huh.

Who's the fool? Not me.

I was raised Christian. I know the whole spiel.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

it doesn't matter what you call it. in this example, or for this purpose. its what the text called it. that's the point. you asked for an example that the bible had ultimate truth in it, of any kind, and i was just pointing out that science has actually shown that the first 2 verses in genesis are more accurate than most of us have even known for thousands of years. we only recently, at the street level, found out this data.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

The bibles says everyone has a reserved spot in heaven, Why are you flaming?

Edit:]
you also refer to Atheists as him implyinig that Atheists cannot be female, Your ignorance flatters me
edit on 2011/15/9 by misterbananas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Quote:
Being an atheist is the complete opposite of having an open mind. You rely on naturalism and deny the after life with any other paranormal phenomenon yet you claim to be the open minded one's? Give me a break.
end quote:

We only want proof of the statement mentioned above. Please give us some proof and we will check its validity.

Quote:
"Bible being the only proof being backed up by the bible itself" is another false statement. There is much historical archaeological evidence to support the bible but its not something the evo-heads choose to investigate - Your problem not ours.
End quote.

Indeed the cities mentioned in the bible did exist, hell even the existence of the people mentioned in the bible can be proven. Similar events below can be proven too.

Genises:
Every living substance that I have made will I destroy.

Deuteronomy:
At God's instructions, the Israelites "utterly destroyed the men, women, and the little ones" leaving "none to remain." 2:33-36
The Israelites, with God's help, kill all the men, women, and children of every city. 3:3-6

Joshua:
"Joshua passed unto Eglon ... and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein he utterly destroyed." 10:34-35
"Joshua went ... unto Hebron ... and smote it with the edge of the sword ... and all the cities ... and all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining." 10:36-37
"Joshua returned ... to Debir ... And he took it ... and all the cities ... and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining."10:38-39
"So Joshua ... left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded." 10:40

1 Samuel:
God kills 50,070 men for looking into the ark. "And the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter." 6:19
"Saul ... slew the Ammorites unto the heat of the day." Then he took a little break. After all, killing is hard work. 11:11
God orders Saul to kill all of the Amalekites: men, women, infants, sucklings, ox, sheep, camels, and asses. Why? Because God remembers what Amalek did hundreds of years ago. 15:2-3
2 Samuel:
“David killed two thirds of the Moabites and maked the rest slaves. 8:2-3
"David slew of the Syrians two and twenty thousand men ... and the Lord preserved David withersoever he went." 8:5-6 14

1 Kings:
God delivers the Syrians into the Israelites' hands, and 100,000 were killed in one day. Of those that escaped, 27,000 were crushed by a falling wall. 20:28-30
"The children of Israel slew of the Syrians an hundred thousand footmen in one day." 20:29

So how many did Joshua and David kill? Estimates are well in the millions……And one can even go on and go, on many killings, murders even genocides can be found and proven from the bible. Which makes it what? The book to believe in?

Quote:
As for war's many more people have died through SECULARISM than Christianity.

Lets look at some:

Stalin - 23,000,000
Adolf Hitler - 12,000,000
Pol pot - 1,700,000

As you can see the most deaths have been caused by secularist. Don't bother raising the point about adolf being a catholic because he became a Darwinism/pagan/satanic person in his later life.
End Quote.

Lets start by trying to find out how many people died because of religion. As one can clearly read above we already start with a few billion people who died because of not being believers in the only one true god. If one only reads Joshua, Numbers and Judges many, many cities have been destroyed in the name of…..

If an omnipotent, omnipresent and omniloving being propagates death and violence who am I to follow his word…If such a being is unable to stop the three people above from doing these horrible things, who is he to judge my morals?

Just my two cents..

edit on 15-9-2011 by infinitecuriosity because: no reason given

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Let us also not forget all the killings that have been done in the name of our Lord the savior within the first 500 years after the birth of Christ.

Please do not forget the Crusades which were done in the name of the lord.

The Spanish acquisition.

And all the wars which followed in the name of Christ, Allah or which ever deity requested us to do his killing and spread the word..

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

IMO, Everyone goes through the atheist faze. Even if they still believe in God.
They tell everyone else that they don't.
Then most people mature and grow out of it.
The rest of them, go to hell.
Yes I said it, Hell is real even if you don't believe in it.
To my atheist brothers and sisters, Don't end up like the rest of the 2%.

edit on 14-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

looks like ill be toasting marshmellows in hell when i die coz i dont beleive the boogeyman

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by infinitecuriosity

the ark question is the most fascinating to me. i read a pretty good write up on it by an electrician who said it was constructed like an electrical capacitor. he then went on to describe how walking along the dry sand of the sinai, would've generated a huge static electric charge inside the ark. if you read the description of the garb worn by the levites and those handling the ark, it seems they needed special material that would dampen the static electrical effect.

entirely possible it was the first known example of a taser, just a really big one.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
And how on earth would you know this? The bible is the Ultimate truth. All other truths simply revolve around it.
edit on 14-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Since when is a book proof cause that's all it is. Where is the evidence that everything wrote in that book is the truth? There's no such thing as evidence when it comes to religion or the belief in God. No evidence at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinitecuriosity
Let us also not forget all the killings that have been done in the name of our Lord the savior within the first 500 years after the birth of Christ.

Please do not forget the Crusades which were done in the name of the lord.

The Spanish acquisition.

And all the wars which followed in the name of Christ, Allah or which ever deity requested us to do his killing and spread the word..

indeed but it's all in the name of God so they are to ignore their own rules I mean.. commandments

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

"they"? "they who?"

stereotyping? not sure how much you can expect from people. i mean, afterall, they are still just like you..human. only difference is, christians believe following the teachings of jesus rather someone else, like buddha or darwin, is important on an eternal scale. and because we believe that, we are sometimes a bit
over zealous about it. but examples where folks have hopped off the deep end and started killing people over it,
you know it has nothing to do with the teachings of jesus, and certainly isn't his fault. otherwise we could say that any time an atheist does something wrong it's darwin's fault and any time a buddhist does something wrong, it's buddha's fault, when in fact, it's the individual who did it that's to blame.
edit on 15-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Dear,

The problem I have is:
Everybody who is a Christian seems to forget the old testament with all its killings, rapes and genocides and they all need to find comfort in Jesus who is only trying to straiten things up..

Trying to let everybody forget, what his father did before him..Every believer seems to, rather talk about the good and quickly forget the bad and the ugly.

Which does not differ a lot from the three nasty men mentioned a while ago. They all spoke about the good they did and what good was about to happen for the future, trying to cover-up all the murders and killings of the people who thought differently.

Where is the difference? Even a killer can love, but that doesn't make him a good man.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join