It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is going down on Atheism

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by LightAssassin

Not true, not true at all. The atheist is called a fool in the bible, so how on earth does that equate to them being given a place in heaven? Only if they turn from there sin, put there trust in Jesus will they be allowed in.

Didnt know being a fool was a sin?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

This topic hasn't turned out the way i had hoped and ive requested for it to be closed.

Poking the bear and calling it names all while saying "you aren't big and bad", what did you expect to happen?

Everyone has different points of view, but when you claim to have absolute truth, refuse to provide proof for your claims, and then bash those who have a different perspective than you, is it any suprise this thread (and all others like it) end up with nothing more than a wake up call for your (hopefully) for your state of mind?

Can't take the heat, stay out....well, you know.

King
edit on 14-9-2011 by Kingalbrect79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
99.99999% of the world's population also used to believe that the world was flat.

wrong again. there were many ancient cultures, including the hebrews, that knew the earth was a sphere. how else do you explain their ability to calculate eclipses, and passages of planets and moons? you have got to stop quoting critical texts written 300+ years ago. please. it's frustrating to read the same cliff notes based on the same cliff notes, all the way back to the first cliff notes, based on the misunderstandings of popes and scholars, hundreds and even a thousand years ago or more.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Jesus wasn't the only, "Diety" that died and was resurected after three days. Horus for example was born of a virgin, Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. Was crucifed, descended into Hell; resurrected after three days.

Thats just one god of many who did everything the same as Jesus. The difference is, they came first.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuzzy0087

Jesus wasn't the only, "Diety" that died and was resurected after three days. Horus for example was born of a virgin, Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. Was crucifed, descended into Hell; resurrected after three days.

Thats just one god of many who did everything the same as Jesus. The difference is, they came first.

prove it, please. i'm interested in this subject. EXTREMELY interested in this subject, particularly where it touches on osiris and his offspring

OH, and don't link me to zeitgeist. it's an insult. i want you to LOOK up the evidence in the actual egyptian texts. thanks.
edit on 14-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fuzzy0087

Nope sorry complete lies, Zeitgeist has been debunked. so you can jump off that bandwagon for a start.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

That's just one god of many who did everything the same as Jesus. The difference is, they came first.

Exactly. Just one more fictional made up imaginary pretend magical being through a LONNNGGG list of the same.

Stay classy ATS.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Bats are highly irrelevant, the fact is Jesus still came and died on the cross and resurrected after 3 days beating death. And that's really all that matters.

Nothing supports this.

Show me anything. Any concrete prove to back up mythical Jesus. There isn't any.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Nope sorry complete lies, Zeitgeist has been debunked. so you can jump off that bandwagon for a start.

Zeitgeist has been debunked?

Really? By who.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
A question:

If jesus died for our sins, why is sin still such an issue? In my opinion him dying for our sins did nothing...nada...didly squat. Look around, take a nice look around the world and maybe, just maybe you will see how all loving your god is.
edit on 14/9/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

They can't, they are right. obviously? /sarcasm.

They might drag up a dirty rag and say its got his face on it or something ...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by Annee

make these critical points with maturity and evidence, and ya got yourself a customer. ignore it, and rely on peer pressure, bullying and insults, and i'm not required to believe a thing you say

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Atheism will never die for there will still be those who view the world with an open mind far into the future. Atheists are not immoral. The religious say we are immoral because your logic says that without a god we don't know how to treat fellow man. Yet throughout history it has been religion that has caused war and death to the innocent. Even today, if religion did not exist MOST wars would not be happening. Notice I said "most".

Lets take christians for example. You believe without a shred of doubt that everything in the bible is true. Your only proof to it being true is the bible itself. The rest you leave up to faith. You claim we are alone in the universe one year then the next the Vatican says its ok to believe. If I were to walk out of the desert and say god spoke to me through a burning bush I would be hauled off to an asylum. Yet you latch on to these stories of possible fantasy as if they happened yesterday.

They are stories of Moral choices, decisions, and consequences. That is all they are. We have them today, we read them to kids in the form of dr. suess and mother goose fairy tales. Every few weeks we get an anti atheist or Anti Religous thread on here. How bout we just cut the crap and tolerate that we don't all follow the same path.

We are all still human, We all share this Earth. And until we can all claim our seperate planets in the name of our religion, sexual orientation, race, country, or whatever else. WE JUST NEED TO TOLERATE EACH OTHER!!

Being an atheist is the complete opposite of having an open mind. You rely on naturalism and deny the after life with any other paranormal phenomenon yet you claim to be the open minded one's? Give me a break.

"Bible being the only proof being backed up by the bible itself" is another false statement. There is much historical archaeological evidence to support the bible but its not something the evo-heads choose to investigate - Your problem not ours.

As for war's many more people have died through SECULARISM than Christianity.

Lets look at some:

Stalin - 23,000,000
Adolf Hitler - 12,000,000
Pol pot - 1,700,000

As you can see the most deaths have been caused by secularist. Don't bother raising the point about adolf being a catholic because he became a Darwinism/pagan/satanic person in his later life.

I do not even class protestant Christianity as a religion. It's far apart from the Roman Catholic Church., they do not represent us! So the Vatican can say what they like! Why bother mentioning them???

Die hard Atheist's who deny God have absolutely NO MORALS.

What you say isn't going to make a difference to that fact.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Really? By who.

By people who know what they're talking about. The guy who made Zeitgeist has absolutely no knowledge of history. I can show you a video if you like although im sure you'll decline that offer.

link   

Ok, even without Zeitgiest. Its still a historical fact that the Bible, as is written today, has gone through many stages. Starting with Emporor Constantine and going through modern editing. Just the editing implicates that even if the book was originally the "word of god" it would no longer be the case as it was written by man and man makes mistakes.

link   

Congrats on your effort but seriously though why bother?

who really cares in personal beliefs?

now if god shows up tomorrow morning or Buddha or Muhammad then and only then will i see geez maybe those religious folk were onto something.

until then it is physically impossible for any human to possess such powers as to create humans out of mere sand
unless "god" was an alien and we're all clones.

Seriously though dude,
go get a life
there are bigger issues out there
many atheists exist simply because of how religious folk LIKE YOU
jump down our neck and tell us we're bad, evil and are going to hell....

Me personally i don't care if there is a heaven or hell and nor do i care about where i'll end up

Me im more focused on serious issues like politics or making some hard earned cash to survive for the next few months.

religious nut case rants like these make me want to become physically violent, but much like the heavily religious it wont get me nowhere.

personally i don't care what someone believes in, whether Muslim Catholic or what not,
because it makes them who they are it's when they get in my face about not believing and i tell them its hard to believe any religion at all when man has altered many of the pages of religion and the fact that they are all tax exempt but NEED your donations...

Fraud plain and simple

well thats my rant reply
Enjoy

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Well - - my opinion of that rag is

As I previously stated - - there is real history of that time. Mythical Jesus is no where to be found.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

stalin's death toll higher than 23 million. last check it was up to 35 million, as a result of the soviet files finally being opened, from when he was in power.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

A question:

If jesus died for our sins, why is sin still such an issue? In my opinion him dying for our sins did nothing...nada...didly squat. Look around, take a nice look around the world and maybe, just maybe you will see how all loving your god is.
edit on 14/9/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

Read the bible. The very fact Jesus died for you has given you redemption, forgiveness. If only you'll accept it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Really? By who.

By people who know what they're talking about. The guy who made Zeitgeist has absolutely no knowledge of history. I can show you a video if you like although im sure you'll decline that offer.

Uh huh.

You mean people you agree with.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join