It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is going down on Atheism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cd9424963db.jpg[/atsimg]

A favorite saying of the atheist is that atheism is the most NATURAL state of man.

They claim that all people are "born" atheists and that religion is merely taught or imposed.

Apparently - our "intelligent" atheist friends have not thought that logic through very well.

Since the vast majority of the world's population is "religious" and believes in "God" - then obviously many more have left atheism to become religious - than the other way around.

By the atheist's own admission they have lost multiplied billions to religion and God!

Consider the following...

A worldwide survey shows the population of atheists at only around 2.4% of the world's total population. "Worldwide adherents of all Religions by Six Continental Areas, Mid-1995" Encyclopedia Britannica.

A 2004 survey by the CIA in the World Factbook also estimates - of the world's total population. only about 2.4% are atheists.

So a full 97-98% of the world's population are believers of some sort as opposed to about only 2% claiming to be atheists.

Could it really be that only 2% of 6 BILLION people - have the truth while the remaining 5 billion 850 million people have it all wrong? Gee - what are the odds of THAT?

The ARROGANCE of the pitiful atheist is amazing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b588b8fd017f.jpg[/atsimg]

While CURRENTLY - there ARE more atheists than ever before, several reliable polls show that atheism's percentages seem to NOW be declining. - "Worldwide Adherents of ALL Religions by Six Continental Areas, Mid-1995" Encyclopedia Britannica.

A 2006 study by researchers at the University of Minnesota involving a poll of 2,000 households in the United States found atheists to be the most DISTRUSTED of ALL the world's minorities.

Atheists were more distrusted than Muslims, recent immigrants, homosexuals and lesbians.

Many of the respondents associated atheism with immorality - including criminal behavior, extreme materialism and elitism.

"Atheists identified as America's most distrusted minority according to the U of M study" - Univ. of Minn. News.

Fair or unfair - the vast majority of America views you like this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd6088af5a3b.jpg[/atsimg]

It seems the poor atheist for all of his bloviating and continual insistence of how extremely intelligent he is... Is seen by the vast majority of America as the most distrusted, dishonest, disprespected and immorally inclined people group in the world.

On top of that his numbers are shrinking and his influence is waning. It truly is the twilight of atheism. The sun is setting on the one... that God calls ... A FOOL

"The fool has said in his heart 'there is no God'." Psalm 14

"For a little while they are exalted and then they are gone." Job 24:24

Watch ^^^

edit on 14-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

IMO, Everyone goes through the atheist faze. Even if they still believe in God.
They tell everyone else that they don't.
Then most people mature and grow out of it.
The rest of them, go to hell.
Yes I said it, Hell is real even if you don't believe in it.
To my atheist brothers and sisters, Don't end up like the rest of the 2%.

edit on 14-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The bible said a bat was a bird...
Wrong... A bat is a mammal.
Mammal's don't lay eggs.

People distrust atheists because we don't believe in the same things they do.
It automatically makes us a bad person, hate the atheists because they don't believe in
our teachings. Sounds like something god would want, people hating other people..
doesn't make sense.

However If I do find god, it won't be through Christianity.
If you have proof of god, then ill reconsider. B+ For Effort though.

With that being said, here's an educational video for you.

edit on 14-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Is it a competition?

To me, it seems like you're just wanting to let others know that you are on the winning team.

Congratulations.......I guess.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Atheists are a necessity. They provide balance. You are unbalanced. Until you understand the importance of balance and come full circle you will not understand life and its values.

We are all looking at the same picture, just from a multitude of different angles.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Mathew:7:1 "Judge not and you be not judged"

Mathew 7:12 "do unto others what you want others to do unto to you"
edit on 14-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

A good atheist who lives their life to the fullest and gives all they can for the good and love of life will find heaven.

A bad religious person will most certainly go to hell.

God would understand the amount of deceit that has happened over the centuries and understand that the mirror is now foggy and no matter how much we wipe it never becomes clear.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Looking around 98% of the worlds population are complete morons in terms of understanding their responsibilities towards Earth thus I do not mind to be part of the chosen 2%

At least I won't go to hell.

btw I also don't eat animals... probably makes me more insanely criminal and a sinner in the eyes of the blind.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

The Bible is not meant to be a scientific description of modern biological categories. To the Hebrew of ancient times, calling it a bird was perfectly logical. To the ancients, creatures such as a bat were considered birds since they categorized all flying animals as birds. You have simply imposed upon the ancient text a modern system of categorization and then said that the Bible is wrong. This is a big error in thinking.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

God will only show pity on the ignorant.
If you are given a chance to know Jesus as your Savior.
And you deny him.
You will go to hell, no matter how good of a life you live.
This is nothing more than my opinion.
I'm not attacking anyone. As it seems Christians are hateful towards Atheist.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Not true, not true at all. The atheist is called a fool in the bible, so how on earth does that equate to them being given a place in heaven? Only if they turn from there sin, put there trust in Jesus will they be allowed in.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Sorry.. god created me to think this way.. to not believe in him,
to use science to find truth, to question his teachings.

I won't let a christian get me down any day, I just reply with the same question.
Where's the proof?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Looking around 98% of the worlds population are complete morons in terms of understanding their responsibilities towards Earth thus I do not mind to be part of the chosen 2%

I'm guessing you are fulfilling your responsibilities towards Earth.
Oh, that's right.
You are using a electricity guzzling computer, in turn you are killing the ozone.
What do you have to say for your self?
Hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This thread is stupid an "atheist" is a "christian term by the way.. Hell isn't real hell is right now on earth if anything.. The story of Jesus Christ has been used over and over again this time being used for this "era". People that believe in hell, are the same people who are afraid of change, and most of all death.. These so called "Atheists" aren't afraid to at least attempt to expand our mind and search for the truth. Besides even if there is a god who is white and is 4'7 tall, he should at least appreciate the fact that we atheists actually care to question our very existence on this giant rock

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury

I won't let a christian get me down any day, I just reply with the same question.
Where's the proof?

When you are sitting in front of your maker, answering for every time you denied him.
Begging and pleading, trying to convince him why you should be accepted into Heaven.
God will look down at you and say "Where's the proof?"

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

God will only show pity on the ignorant.
If you are given a chance to know Jesus as your Savior.
And you deny him.
You will go to hell, no matter how good of a life you live.
This is nothing more than my opinion.
I'm not attacking anyone. As it seems Christians are hateful towards Atheist.

Not to ride you too hard, but those are the most ridiculous delusions.
Why don't we get together for a god-off sometime and let the most powerful deity win!

Oh, Jesus isn't going to show up? Well...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
non religious< but i have to say... thats some saying there.. but hey w.e floats there boat

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Here is the critical justification for all belief, in the absence of facts derived from knowledge and direct experience it is better to create a belief so you look like you know what you are talking about. The emphisis is on LOOK LIKE. While our present culture is compelled by appearance and not substance the continuance of belief and scientific theory will continue to recieve all the attention.

That is of course until another civilizational collapse occurs.

The Englished belived their Empire was unstoppable and 100 million people had to die for them to change.

I guess it will be billions of people this time when an American Empire based on belief tries to instigate the failing behaviours all those who have come before it have tried....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

So my beliefs differ from yours?
Doesn't mean I'm delusional.
I don't care for any God-off's, there is only 1 in my eyes.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Originally posted by BruceEFury

Where's the proof?

When you are sitting in front of your maker, answering for every time you denied him.
Begging and pleading, trying to convince him why you should be accepted into Heaven.
God will look down at you and say "Where's the proof?"

What is he going to do, send me to hell? The bible states that god is filled with never ending bliss and happiness.. if that we're true, he wouldn't send anyone to hell. I'm not going to follow a 2000 year old text, over FACTUAL EVIDENCE of evolution.. Let me guess the world is 6000 years old? If god created us who created god? What about all the other religions.. let me guess they're wrong? If they don't have faith in Jesus they're wrong. The bible even supports that everyone is created equal.. okay obviously not because Jesus was the son of god. That's a contradiction. The bible has so much contradiction a snail could see it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join