It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did you know that mods can change the title of your posting? Even if it is not offensive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I want everyone aware that my article entitled SOLARGATE 2011: O'Obama - Solyndra - 1/2 a Billion Dollars = FBI Investigation was removed by the moderator! And replaced withthe title of article I was quoting...

YOU DECIDE THE TITLES NOW MODS? Okay I get the fact I did not post the quote just right but change my title??? REALLY.??

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Be more creative.

Seccconnnddd line.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

Mods are God. Just deal with it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

You will get used to the mods.
They do plenty of questionable things.
They were given authority over parts of this site.
Nothing we can do.
Every week there is a complaint against them.
You will only be ignored.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Short Answer: Yes.

Sounds like you posted in 'Breaking News' which has a different way of handling posts, I believe using the sourced title of the story you are posting as the thread title is the way you are supposed to post there.

If so, this sounds like a PEBKAC error.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

no I origionally posted in POLITICAL CONSPIRACIES.....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

It isn't a conspiracy.
This site has an owner, who can run it as he sees fit.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

replaced withthe title of article
This is exactly why. Maybe you should have followed the rules, that are designed to hopefully minimize the numerous amounts of duplicate threads that continue being posted time and time again. Part of the reason for many of the duplicate threads is because of those who choose to spice up the title with their own words, which in turn makes the search feature that much less accurate.

reply to post by onequestion

Originally posted by onequestion
Be more creative.

yup

Seccconnnddd line.

edit on 9/14/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Really now... So a title matters not as my own creative license and free speech?

what joke...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Starting threads about complaints about Mods never turns out well, OP

Instead, send them a u2u, if the answer received is not sufficient, "Alert" the thread and your issue will be discussed between multiple Mods, like a round table.

If you are still not satisfied then you will just have to deal with it and move on.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Not really meant as an attack or compliant against one but more of a "I had know idea this was policy" ya know...

blown away.....
edit on 9/14/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

You don't really have a right to free speech when you're posting on a privately owned board. Site owners can do what they want. Just the way it is. They set the rules and you agree to them when you make an account. It's all in the Terms of Service.

Also I think it's an attempt on the owner's part to combat plagiarism, which really is a big problem. Most people will plagiarize without even realizing they're doing it. Easy mistake if you aren't familiar with the rules.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

yes I agree 100% that is why I put in quotes a small sentence with the name of the site and link...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
did they give you a reason why? it would be nice for a mod to post a reply on this thread just to clear the air....any mod out there?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Really now... So a title matters not as my own creative license and free speech?

what joke...

Nope. It's not a joke. It is actually extremely logical, as I have already explained.

I see that you don't have much of a need for logic though. If you made an attempt to listen to reason, then it would be much more difficult to continue being angry about it. Go ahead and continue being angry, if it makes you feel better.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gator1177

the way it was quoting was changed... I get that... Truly I do. I'm just blown away cause the main reason I posted it WAS for the title... Namely... Solargate.... Had not heard it yet and wanted to be able to post it first...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Please file your complaint using the Complaints/Suggestions to get the attention of the full staff.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U/Message - Click Here to View Your Inbox.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join