It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase in pet intelligence? Communication?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
I have a bird, and no, its intelligence haven't increased.

my bird is only saying peep and tweep.

That translates to F*** Y** in birdspeak. Something about keeping him locked up in a cage where he's unable to use his wings naturaly for his entire life?

Have had interesting communications with my cat. Moreso with thoughts popping into my head and it's what he wishes to convey to me. Funnily enough, he said he was lonely/bored when we were at work, and wanted a brother/sister. He has one now, and they are absolutely inseperabe.

The balcony is off-limits to the little one, when she gets bigger she'll be allowed out but for now it's no unless supervised. My partner was mucking around outside and came in to use the bathroom and left the door open by accident. Mr Furry came in, jumped infront of my pc screen and started meowing funny while looking towards the door. The thought of the little one is doing something she's not suposed too popped into my head, sure enough, there she was.

It's us who are becoming more aware of them, i think.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

This is strictly auditory Pareidolia. Cats brains/vocal chords are not capable of spoken language.

en.wikipedia.org...

Cats make all sorts of noises all the time. You are hearing what your brain wants you to hear.
edit on 9/16/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

5 years of hearing what I want to hear, coincidence, witnesses, same sounds for the same item every time, I think perhaps it is YOU that is choosing to believe what you NEED to believe. By the way, whenever anyone brings up the P word on ATS it is because they have been impressed by someone else when they have used it in a thread and they think to themselves, I will use that at the very first chance I get, it will make me look smart. Then there are other posters who use it to explain away anything which crops up, It does not impress me, it makes me cringe.

P.S. There is a world outside of Wikkipedia you know ! Where did people go before Wikki came along ?
edit on 16-9-2011 by Qwenn because: P.S.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sayaangel

a few years back when my psychic abilities came out i was sitting in a chair quietly when one of my many pups came and sat in front of me. I took notice of her, a black lab.), and i got her thoughts. she had an infection on her neck,quite swollen. the message she sent was "i'm showing you". for me it is a conformation that their thought process is close to our own. I'm close with all of my pups and love them dearly. I pay attention to their behavior at all times. they will tell when a stranger is not to trusted and much more, they are not what many people say, ie) stupid animals. perhaps that is what many people should be characterized as.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Um you can look at the sources sited for the Wikipedia page. It is a documented thing, go read science reports about it. This is nothing new.

And my dogs make certain noises if they want to go outside, or a certain pitch bark if they are fighting, playing, seeing a human etc.

Animals noises vary and become patterns if you observe them . They aren't stupid, they just aren't as intelligent as humans.
edit on 9/17/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join