It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry the Cable Guy is a Fraud

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranthenae
Before he was Larry the Cable Guy, he used to work for a radio station in Orlando, Florida WJRR. There's 'rival' station there 104.1. Both of these stations had talk shows, although 104.1 has more talk then music, where WJRR has more music than talk. On 104.1 there was a show called Monsters in the Midday (they are now Monsters in the Morning). Anyway, they have a guy on there named Bubba 'Whoopass' Wilson who, rumor has it, is where Larry the Cable Guy 'stole' his act from. My husband said they made a big stink on the Monsters when Larry started using his character in his stand up. Is this true? I honestly don't know, anyone that has listened to the Monsters (and they've been around FOREVER it seems) knows that Bubba came first, but it's a good theory.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Ranthenae because: (no reason given)

I doubt larry the cable guy got the act from bubba willson.
Heard the monsters in the morning, horrible show, bubba the love sponge
is much better listening.He has a redneck guy on his show named ned where they contend
larry the cable guy got the act... Everyone is BS'ing I think. I think they all got it from JEFF FOXWORTHY
who made this you might be a redneck crap popular in the early 90's.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Adam Sandler isn't a professional golfer, nor does Tom Cruise race NASCAR professionally. They are entertainers.
Larry the Cable Guy is an entertainer too.He will be up in Anchorage soon. I might go see him. I saw him last time he was up here and it was an entertaining show.
edit on 14-9-2011 by coldfiremx because: Punctuation correction

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Originally posted by Signals
there was a pretty funny scene in one of his movies in an airport when a TSA agent demands he remove his boots.

Larry says

"If you make me take these boots off the skunks will come out of the woods raising white flags"

Embedding disabled, but here ya go:
Witless Protection
.......after the boots are off though.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by BruceEFury

The Three Stooges, Cheech and Chong, Chelsea Handler, Sarah Silverman.
The list goes on and on.
Point being, a stage presence is a stage presence.
I'm sorry that your view on life has change because of Larry.

It has changed my life tremendously, kidding of-course:p
And yeah those are actors, I'm talking about stand up comedians.
Point is im sharing information, not starting a debate.
I appreciate the feedback though.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Did you actually watch this video that you posted?
That wasn't even a tiny bit funny. That was awful.
Obviously, the change was necessary.

The ONLY thing that I have found surprising here, is the fact that someone has not only kept that video, but even took the time to upload it.

edit on 9/14/11 by BrokenCircles because: not

reply to post by BrokenCircles

What makes you laugh is based on your opinion and your sense of humor,
I can't change that
I however thought he was pretty funny without
the "act".

edit on 14-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: adding quote

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
He keeps you laughing and that is all that counts.

GIT-R-DONE!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
OP, sorry but your day is about to get even worse. I've got some bad news for you about professional wrestling......

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

What makes you laugh is based on your opinion and your sense of humor,
I can't change that
What caused you to think that I would want you to "change that"?

I however thought he was pretty funny withoutthe "act".
That's not my fault.

Doesn't really make much sense though. He is a comedian. If you think he is funny, then what is the reason for you trying to label him as a 'fraud'?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I've never liked the guy. Not funny in the least, as far as I'm concerned. But I did find it funny that he sells himself to rednecks as a redneck when even his southern accent is fake. I'd feel duped if I were one of his fans because his whole schtick is based on "I'm one of you".

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Larry The Cable Guy is an entertainer...and if you know the culture he makes fun of...then he is a funny entertainer.

I think what endears Larry to so many folks in the country and in the south is we actually know someone like him... or almost like him. He's kind of like The Dukes of Hazzard or the old Burt Reynolds movies...the good ol' boy with the hotrod race car or 4x4 pick up that is good hearted but has a mischevious side that likes corn liquor and pretty women in tight jeans and tank tops and has a gazillion guns and hunting dogs...

I am one of those people and we like laughing at ourselves...

Too many people think this stereotype is a real life montage. I meet people from all over the world and country and they come down here and find the people are really smart, friendly, and salt of the earth kind of people.

I made the same mistake in reverse...I always thought New York or New Jersey was like the cop shows or Death Wish or Hill Street Blues... then I married a NJ girl...and she is a better hunter than me.

By the way, 60 Minutes did a great piece on Larry the Cable Guy...smart fella and seems like a real person.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

1. Boy he was lame back then as well. I'm sure all the so called red neck comics are pulling an act as well.
2.I like Gilbert Gotfreid (way bad spelling) I'm sure.
3. I also like Sarah Silverman.
4. I liked Sam Kineson as well but he's dead.
5. I still play his cd's.
6. "Live From Hell" His final "release" is classic.
7. Jeff Foxworthy is also lame.
8. You might be a redneck if you pay money to watch a guy make fun of you!

TyrC!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury

he's doing an act.

I've seen him on talk shows - - out of character - - talking about who he really is - and how he developed the character.

Its not a secret.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Larry the Cable Guy to me just isn't funny at all ..And yes he is putting on an act and a poor one at that ..I was horrified the History Channel made a time slot for this guy they made a huge mistake on that one when he comes on i turn the channel i wont watch his garbage..peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join