It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second best Abduction story you never heard of. RIP Charles Hickson!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have read the story of Mr. Hickson but had forgotten about it. I came across the news stroy tonight and had to post it.... (yes I checked the ATS shearch box), So sorry if anyone else posted this.

news.yahoo.com...

I put this link up because it is by far the best historcial thread about this story. I would have a hard time even coming close to somthing this good.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So give it a read and raise a glass to Mr. Chalres Hickson. In this day and age of media whores. This man saw what he saw and told his story. He really had no reason to lie about it. He just wanted to go fishing!

-thanks to ATS'er "Gunsinwar" for the outstanding thread!

edit on 13-9-2011 by redzareptile because: I fudged up the news link the first time....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

Sorry mate but there is already a thread about this. Maybe you could have searched for his name?

Famed Ufo Abductee Charles Hickson passes

RIP

edit on 14/9/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yeah one of the best cases imo. It captivated me as a kid. Once again, however, we see a UFO case that exhibits high strangeness. Check out this description:

...As the men, frozen with fright, watched, a door appeared in the object, and three strange Beings floated just above the river towards them. 

The Beings had legs but did not use them. They were about five feet tall, had bullet-shaped heads without necks, slits for mouths, and where their noses or ears would be, they had thin, conical objects sticking out, like carrots from a snowman's head. They had no eyes, grey, wrinkled skin, round feet, and clawlike hands. 
 [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4053a29e3836.jpg[/atsimg]
 Two of the beings seized Hickson; when the third grabbed Parker, the teenager fainted with fright. Hickson claimed that when the Beings placed their hands under his arms, his body became numb, and that then they floated him into a brightly lit room in the UFO's interior, where he was subjected to a medical examination with an eyelike device which, like Hickson himself, was floating in mid-air. 

At the end of the examination, the Beings simply left Hickson floating, paralysed but for his eyes, and went to examine Parker, who, Hickson believed was in another room. Twenty minutes after Hickson had first observed the UFO, he was floated back outside and released.

He found Parker weeping and praying on the ground near him. Moments later, the object rose straight up and shot out of site. 
www.rense.com...

Some saw the high strangeness as a major clue as to the nature of the beings such as those in the Hickon case.

...By the mid-1960s, however, new developments challenged ufology's dominant view that UFOs are space visitors. For one thing, UFO encounters seemed to be getting weirder. Persons of ostensible sanity and sincerity claimed to have been abducted into UFOs and communicated with their crews, who gave odd, conflicting accounts of themselves, their motives, and their origins.

Monstrous creatures showed up in areas where UFOs were being seen. UFO witnesses sometimes complained of post-sighting visits by odd-looking, dark-suited individuals like the menacing "men in black" in saucerian literature. Some close-encounter percipients told investigators of poltergeistlike infestations in their homes.
Ultraterrestrials: A Malevolent Genesis

Many of these claims seemed incompatible with extraterrestrial theories, which started to fall out of favor in some circles of ufology. The principal figure in this revisionist ufology, at least initially, was writer John A. Keel, whose investigations in New York, West Virginia, and Ohio elicited scores of incredible tales that could not be shrugged off as the creations of lunatics and charlatans. …Keel credited (Meade) Layne with having "worked it all out in the early 1950s;" unfortunately, Keel added, "nobody would listen to him."

But ufologists, Forteans, and psychic enthusiasts were listening to Keel, whose writing and pronouncements excoriated traditional ufology as the domain of "buffs" who lacked the courage, the imagination, or even the mental health to face the truth.
The truth according to Keel was that "ultraterrestrials" from the "superspectrum" (Keel's term for the etheric realm) are entering our world and doing terrible things to us…
To Keel the contact claims loved by saucerians were not the hoaxes suspected by ufologists; they were actual experiences, but not the sort contactees thought they were. According to Keel, "The quasi-angels of Biblical times have become magnificent spacemen. The demons, devils, and false angels were recognized as liars and plunderers by early man. These same impostors now appear as long-haired Venusians."http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/UFO.aspx

To me the Hickson/Parker is a stand-out of weirdness. The vid of the two being secretly recorded by the police shows two very shaken and convinced abductees.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Edited to delete my reference to the existing thread : Pimander has already pointed to it above.
edit on 14-9-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

yeah thanks. I searched his name in three different ways. It still did not come up.

I'm with you though. I dread contributing to a thread on a subject that has already exhausted or going down the "rabbit hole" of mod-closed threads to finally make a statement or ask a question,

I am one of the few who actually uses the "search" feature prior to starting a thread.

top topics

join