It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check this thread of proof, which shows some people are way too serious.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I didn't really

On a serious note, I notice a lot of new threads recently in which people are stating they saw something strange in the sky and not providing any proof of what they seen. I'm not saying that ALL these people are fraudulent and some are probably genuine, but is there any real point to saying you've seen something without any iota of proof?

Is there any real importance in these reports and for that matter, all the photograph-less/video-less reports on MUFON?

edit on 13-9-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: Original Thread Title "I Just Seen A Giant Red Fireball Which Flew A 360 Loop The Loop Before Heading To The Heavens." changed due to overly serious crying members complaints.

Title changed, happy now? Whiners

edit on 13-9-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: Second Title changed "Photo-less/Video-less UFO Stories."

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yes, there is a point, because there could be a very simple explanation that doesn't need proof

Earlier on, a guy was harassed for saying he saw a blue light travel for a while, but slower than a jet.... A simple explanation was offered and he accepted it..

He never claimed it was a UFO, just said he saw something he didnt recognise......

Have we now turned into the "claim its a UFO or GTFO" crew

Some people just ask for simple answers without claiming to be seeing 'independence day' and when they do, let us offer them!

Stop with this Sh*t
edit on 13/9/2011 by ThorsBrother because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
I didn't really

On a serious note, I notice a lot of new threads recently in which people are stating they saw something strange in the sky and not providing any proof of what they seen. I'm not saying that ALL these people are fraudulent and some are probably genuine, but is there any real point to saying you've seen something without any iota of proof?

Is there any real importance in these reports and for that matter, all the photograph-less/video-less reports on MUFON?

There's nothing funny about your misleading subject line. It was stupid -- the word juvenile comes to mind.

As for proof, testimonial evidence can be as credible as photographic evidence. Courts accept testimony without "proof" all the time and a good percentage of the time. The credibility of the witness is what is evaluated. Demands for photographic or tangible proof usually comes from those who are trying to appear intelligent and scientifically oriented where in fact they know nothing about what constitutes genuine evidence. FYI, I've seen over 12 UFOs in my life -- I've lost count -- and they were not of any type of technology we currently possess. With that said, I don't have to supply you with any more "proof" than that. Take it or leave it, I don't have to prove anything beyond what my word says. If you choose to remain ignorant of overwhelming testimonial evidence from countless credible people, go for it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I didn't really

Says the guy who has been a member for all of two months.

Whats worse, a BS, misleading thread like this or a thread where someone is trying to ID something they saw? Its an easy choice for me..

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother

Yes, there is a point, because there could be a very simple explanation that doesn't need proof

Earlier on, a guy was harassed for saying he saw a blue light travel for a while, but slower than a jet.... A simple explanation was offered and he accepted it..

He never claimed it was a UFO, just said he saw something he didnt recognise......

Some people just ask for simple answers without claiming to be seeing 'independence day' and when they do, let us offer them!

Stop with this Sh*t

You missed the point, are people who state "UFO" with no pics/videos helping the state of ufology?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well I enjoy a good story now and then but I wish they would give location on event so we can as well watch for it if nearby.
I also watch for people reporting the same type stuff I`ve seen and not everyone has a camera particularly one that will take a picture of stars and such. And a fuzzy picture of light is as good as no picture at all.

Must be Rant night on ATS.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Well I enjoy a good story now and then but I wish they would give location on event so we can as well watch for it if nearby.
I also watch for people reporting the same type stuff I`ve seen and not everyone has a camera particularly one that will take a picture of stars and such. And a fuzzy picture of light is as good as no picture at all.

Must be Rant night on ATS.

It must be

There's been nothing decent happening for a week.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Was this thread really necessary?

Good god. Your thread is no better than the ones you are complaining about. Stop posting.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaemusAlphae

Was this thread really necessary?

Good god. Your thread is no better than the ones you are complaining about. Stop posting.

Puhleeze, don't feel bad that the sensational headline fooled you, there's a point.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It depends on what you saw and the fact that the gullible people that criticize everyone. Most likely are the ones that just never experienced such a phenomenon. So over all view I would say it is up to us to believe in what we saw and not listen to judgmental opinions.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This site makes me laugh. Even if people did provide photos you lot (not all but the majority) would shoot them down regardless.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Very unneeded title. Some people wants confirmation or to see if there's anything similar seen by others. I would rather read their posts than this one. It's a shame you mock them.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Yeah, the point is that you do not get attention away from the computer, so you come here to seek it.

Quite sad if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother

Stop with this Sh*t

You missed the point, are people who state "UFO" with no pics/videos helping the state of ufology?

Are they dis-harming it? Not everyone can walk around with a HD camcorder and 15 MP camera just for the sake of of UFOs.... No

Some of us have lives...

If someone posts that someone has attacked their town but no one has video or picture evidence, are we to dismiss it???

Yes, it may be a cry of 'Wolf' but who are we to judge, we just speculate

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I understand your concern..
But whats with the title? You can easily discuss your concern
using a title that relates to the thread it self.

To the rant forums with this..

Edit: Thanks for the quick title change,
at least it's somewhat on Q.
edit on 14-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Yeah, the point is that you do not get attention away from the computer, so you come here to seek it.

Quite sad if you ask me.

Yeah, that must be it

Jeez, there is a valid question in the thread and besides had I really seen what I said, what difference would it make?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

The problem is everyone is complaining about all of these useless threads that are being posted lately such as ZOMG ELENIN ZOMG ZOMBIES ZOMG UFO ZOMG PREDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours has an incredibly misleading title, ALL IN CAPS BY THE WAY, with no argument or valid point. Over half of the responses in this thread are of annoyed people flaming you.

Get a clue man.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It would mean that you weren't ranting and had a true concern for what you had witnessed. Why make a show out of others? What if something extraordinary happened but you had no images or video, would you still not ask if there's been similar accounts?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

The problem is everyone is complaining about all of these useless threads that are being posted lately such as ZOMG ELENIN ZOMG ZOMBIES ZOMG UFO ZOMG PREDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours has an incredibly misleading title, ALL IN CAPS BY THE WAY, with no argument or valid point. Over half of the responses in this thread are of annoyed people flaming you.

Get a clue man.

Thread title was not in caps, and you people are way too serious, get a sense of humour and perception of thread titles.

new topics

top topics

join