It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put down.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Put down that K£sha CD

And put some classics singers and bands on that didn't do it for the coinage, like Gugu and Sp££rs!

Let me know some great singers you know from the 70, 80, 90s that didnt sell out.(yes, i am aware they all did it for money, but would you honestly work for f*ck all?)

I'm just looking for some great tune to listen to.

Currently listening to Belinda Carlisle...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I enjoyed that, i think ive heard of them before. I've got their greatest hits on D/L, thanks man

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Probably not what you're looking for but Devin is one of the most real musicians out there. Started his career singing with Steve Vai in the 80s. He's freaking amazing.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Mr Headshot, it is of no matter to me what the type of music is, aslong as it tickles my balls! I love anything from country, to house, trance, 60s, punk rock, metal ect ect ect

Thanks for the addition by the way!

All additions will be taken seriously, but i may not be here to reply as i may be asleep...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

You are going to want this! Balligomingo! Chorus kicks in at 1:10. Listen to that voice would ya?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-9-2011 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Heres one of my favorite dudes

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

Bitchin

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

BLS!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

Seeing them for the third time next month, for my bachelor party. Judas Priest, Thin Lizzy, and BLS? Hell yeah.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

Just noticed...Happy Belated Birthday!!! Hope you had a wonderful day...we share a B'day week :
:

All from my home for 4 years in Athens, GA:

This one kind of sold-out, but I don't think many peeps have heard this song--plus R. Wilson died early

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Devin actually took the backing vocals job with Vai for an album and tour because the record label said they'd sign him and release his own music if he did.

That subsequent album he made ended up being Strapping Young Lad's "Heavier Than A Really Heavy Thing" debut album where he played most of the instruments himself, wrote and recorded it all himself and the very first single from it ("S.Y.L.") was his ode to how much he hated being told what to do and how to do it and how he'd rather do it his way than the industry's way ("Cause I worked through your f***ing b******t, and I worked through your f***ing lies, now I'm standing on the edge with a thousand times the strength so I can damn you down to size")

That's why he started his own record label (Hevy Devy Records) to release his music directly although you could still get it in stores courtesy of Century Media etc like I did. He's called the "Mad Scientist of Metal" because he writes and plays all styles.

* Strapping Young Lad was his extreme metal band

* The Devin Townsend Band was more alternative and mainstream rock

* IR8 was the side project he did with Jason Newsted and whoever the drummer was (I forget)

* The Devin Townsend Project was his baby where he released four albums, Ki being more new age type stuff, Addicted! being the mainstream rock, Deconstruction being the more metal thing and Ghost is his ambient, laid back album to finish the project

And yeah, Dev has been a massive influence on my own playing and writing over the years

Dunno if you subscribe to his youtube channel poopynuggeteer, I certainly do

top topics

join