It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need ATS help...simple question: Where did the BIG BANG happen???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

thanks again Ready,

i think we can assume a couple of things...

the universe exists,
and it had to start somewhere... IMHO...

so did it start from the BIG BANG,
or did it exist before that...?

seeya

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

It happened everywhere. The Big Bang doesn't have a location in space. The Big Bang created space. Asking where in space it occurred is a question with no answer, like asking which point on a circle is the beginning of the circle. Draw a point on a piece of paper, and imagine it rapidly expanding into a circle. Not a filled circle, just the curved line.) See how your original point has become now every point in the circle? That's what the universe is doing.

Personal reflection, probably wrong: No matter where you look in the night sky, if you look far enough, you will see the primordial cosmic microwave background radiation, right? You are looking into the early universe, when it was just a few hundred thousand years old, and much smaller. If you could look back farther, you'd see what predated the CMB, all the way back to the beginning of the universe. In any direction you look. This is further evidence of the Big Bang's everywhereness.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
Here is a 100% Accurate Drawing of the Base "Partition Map" of the Souls Processing System.

Looks like Chinese Checkers to me.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR
reply to post by new_here

hi new here,

no matter how small, it was still a size...

so did that tiny size ( of space, or whatever it was),
"pre-exist", before the BIG BANG?

thanks

+ seeya

Oh, I misread the meaning.
I think it began at conception, like any new life.
I kind of wonder what part of the child we reside in.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Ahh.. That is the point. It had no size.
As far as we currently understand the Big Bang. it began as a singularity. A one-dimensional object which is fairly hard to comprehend. Every bit of energy that began the universe was consolidated in that singularity, and when she ripped, well then came matter, antimatter, dark energy... stuff we really know so little about.

A better question is , what came before the singularity? Only God knows that one.
edit on 13-9-2011 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Ooo0... I LOVE Chinese checkers!

I wonder where the Chinese got the inspiration from?

Perhaps the Mind i.e. LIFE

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
Here is a 100% Accurate Drawing of the Base "Partition Map" of the Souls Processing System.

Looks like Chinese Checkers to me.

It does doesn't it.... but my drawing was not Chinese checkers, but instead the Base "Partition Map" of the Processing System all is produced (Manufactured) through...

Also in the Processing system exists a "6 Pointed Star" which enables access to the "Permanent Libraries" of the so called Soul....

This is why the old saying I will put a Hex on you...

The Word "Hex"... Coming from hexagonal, which is formed by the 6 Pointed Star (In the Centre of the Star)

I guess All is inspired by/through "The True Mind"....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Now that's an interesting thought....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
From my understanding of the Big Bang, It happened "everywhere" in this universe simultaneously... it's just that this universe was incredibly small at the time.

My current favorite theory (as I understand it) is that a universes comes into existence when two other universes collide.... kind of like soap bubbles in a bath tub.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Look at the vastness of the universe. There isn't a human mind big enough, nor a planet of minds big enough to contemplate a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction__________________________ of it.

There's the more quacky side of my thinking that strongly believes that everything outside the Oort cloud is a moment of our existence, frozen, yet still experiencing in time. That is, if space and time are actually unified.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
our universe exploded from out of another dimension.our reality was born from out of a white hole,which was connected on the other end to a black hole within another reality...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

The Mind is NOT human nor of the human Species...

The Mind experiences all..... where as the human species, is only what is being experienced.

The Mind is in fact "Non Dimensional".

Perhaps this is why scientists have great difficulty in locating Awareness or detecting it???

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

That's beautiful *tear* ... I could add to it by saying...

Something supernatural

(or, if I might make up a word "supra-natural", or "above, or beyond" natural)

... a deity or force created the Big Bang. Energy can't possibly be created or destroyed randomly from nothing or nowhere. That is just scientifically incomprehensible, is it not?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I was being sarcastic, because personally I do not believe there is an answer to your question.

But there is.

new_here and FurvusRexCaeli have already provided it.

It has also been explained that time began with the Big Bang, so – whatever our native perceptions tell us – it makes no sense to speak of a time ‘before’ the Big Bang. There was nothing ‘before’ the Big Bang.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rschmfem

Energy can't possibly be created or destroyed randomly from nothing or nowhere. That is just scientifically incomprehensible, is it not?

Here's a thought....

This is only the case IF the human Species Controls this little Universe... i.e. controlled by their understanding...

If "Energy" is the result of "Programming" within a "Processing System", which produces our experience, then Energy only exists, while the "Program" which produces it is running ....

Do people really believe that ALL comes from Energy ???

If the human species knows so much, why they crossing Galaxies in minutes, in transport we have made ourselves ???

Looks like the human species has a lot to learn yet, doesn't it ?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

There was nothing ‘before’ the Big Bang.

No disrespect intended, but please prove some proof of this....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

What is there to prove? If there is no time, there cannot be a 'before'. That is merely stating the obvious.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

What is there to prove? If there is no time, there cannot be a 'before'. That is merely stating the obvious.

Perhaps not as obvious as you may believe, except from a human perspective.

So if there is no "before", does this imply, there was/is no "After"

I agree with you, with regard to time, but what about anything else prior to "the big bang thingy"....

If you are suggesting that nothing else existed before the "bang thingy", because time does not exist, does this imply nothing exists now ?

The fact that nothing existed.... then existed.... this implies "Change" at the very least.

If I am understanding that the "bag thingy" is still taking place, implies there is no "before" or "after" an event, from a human perspective, I think is only a play on understanding to suit the human Species.

Perhaps you can explain to me ?
edit on 14-9-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: Added text.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

You're talking about relative time. I agree, relative time didn't exist before our world, a.k.a everything that's experienced by human consciousness. At least not the relative time in this universe. However, Absolute Time had to exist for a Quantum Fluctuation to kick our universe into being. Absolute time is really just a mathematical idea. But if the Big Bang did indeed happen as we think it happened, then Absolute Time had to exist.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I am not interested in playing juvenile word-games. Or Chinese chequers, for that matter.

reply to post by addygrace

There is no such thing as absolute time. There is only spacetime, it only exists in this universe, and this universe is the only universe that we know to exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join