It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warmer oceans are causing bacteria to spread easier worldwide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The article states that an ongoing study from 1998 showed the spread of the Vibrio genus of bacteria due to warming oceans. This bacteria can cause food poisoning, serious gastroenteritis, septicemia and cholera. The article also states the spread of this bacteria could cause millions of euros/dollars in health costs, which I'm sure was only highlighted since governments and corporations only talk in dollars. The report was brought out to bring attention to a two day seminar starting in Brussels highlighting consequences of warming issues in the ocean. I would like to point out that regardless of human activity the earth is changing, and we need to pay attention to these changes.
edit on 13-9-2011 by wiandiii because: for added content

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

I sense a massive pandemic in the (could be) near future. We all know that the Swine Flu was an obvious over-hyped flop of an epidemic. Could it be that they were just testing the waters, ya know, seeing how people would react. You could even call it recon in a way, I suppose. I do not know. That is just my tinfoil hat persona coming through.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Probably more danger to using a micrrowave oven .....
whales and small organisms eat that stuff every day ...it might even be usefull to us humans in a detached sort of a way .....peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

The Pacific is the coldest its been since the Dust Bowl. The colder Pacific waters are what is causing the drought and the warmer Atlantic waters. This is just more fear mongering in a last ditch effort by those who would be made fabulously wealthy by Carbon Credits, some of which are the Huffingtons largest contributors.

But then if I stood to make billions overnight, I might be tempted to do what they are attempting to do, irregardless of the fact it would for sure destroy the entire planets economies and billions might starve. They know gullible people are and how much money spreading fear and hate can earn them.

Expect a cold miserable winter.

edit on 9/13/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree with you. I've read recently that ice shelves breaking off and floating away are typical at the start of ice ages. They break off and float into the middle latitudes and cool the oceans. There are other indications, of course, that we're actually entering an ice age; I merely point to this one thing to remind the warmists/alarmists that things are not always what they seem.

And now we have idiot "scientists" gearing up for wholesale geoengineering projects (that they admit they don't understand the long-term effects of) in a flat-out panic to cool the planet. And Al Gore is launching into another crusade to again scare the bejeebus out of the gullible, in order to take another crack at a worldwide carbon tax.

And they can all kiss my butt. I don't plan to go along, and I'm winning over one or two at a time to the side of reason. If they want to shut me up, they'll have to do it the hard way....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

The article states the bacteria being spread causes a variety of ill effects in humans. Fish and humans have very different biological traits so what effects one may not effect the other.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Climate change doesn't mean global warming. Some areas are getting hotter while others colder. In this particular instance it seems ocean conveyors are getting warmer.

top topics

join