It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop putting down Elanin/2012/any conspiracy believers. You're to blame for our silence.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just a quick post to those that read these Elenin/2012/ANY conspiracy threads and immediately post with some snarky reply, being sarcastic about what is being claimed by the OP.

If you don't believe in said conspiracy, or don't believe in the post thats being discussed, either provide proof of your allegations, or don't say anything at all. Don't post a sarcastic comment like "Omg my house is in Alignment with Elenin too, PLOX HELPZ ME".

YOU are the reason we are a blind society, afraid to question mainstream media and social norms. By putting down those willing to throw ideas (absolutely insane or not) you are creating a NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENT for those that wish to push the boundries of society and reality.

If you are on this site, I assume you are "into" the discussions and sharing of information that is "Taboo", or pushes the "norm". So please, stop putting down people who speak about Elenin, or 2012, or WHO SHOT JFK...w/e.

It does not help, in fact, it hinder's us as a truth seeking, reading between the lines, information gathering community.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Just a quick post to those that read these Elenin/2012/ANY conspiracy threads and immediately post with some snarky reply, being sarcastic about what is being claimed by the OP.

If you don't believe in said conspiracy, or don't believe in the post thats being discussed, either provide proof of your allegations, or don't say anything at all. Don't post a sarcastic comment like "Omg my house is in Alignment with Elenin too, PLOX HELPZ ME".

YOU are the reason we are a blind society, afraid to question mainstream media and social norms. By putting down those willing to throw ideas (absolutely insane or not) you are creating a NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENT for those that wish to push the boundries of society and reality.

If you are on this site, I assume you are "into" the discussions and sharing of information that is "Taboo", or pushes the "norm". So please, stop putting down people who speak about Elenin, or 2012, or WHO SHOT JFK...w/e.

It does not help, in fact, it hinder's us as a truth seeking, reading between the lines, information gathering community.

Elinin has no substance behind the claims... that's why its picked on.

Some conspiracies actually have some meat. those are the ones many like.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Agreed.

Even the more far-fetched conspiracies on the site, I love reading, even though I know it may not be true. Sucks that thanks to the trolls, a lot of people might be afraid to start new topics.

Ask questions, and try to get to the bottom of the truth, but please don't insult the OP and the topic

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
HMM cool story,but yup indeed, oh well ppl shouldnt worry about e trolls, just shows how ignorant ppl on the internet can be:/ but yup having facts instead of hearing 50 theories on 1 topic is deff a turn off for the subject

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I agree.
An old schoolteacher of mine was fond of saying:
"There is no point in being stupid,
Unless you are prepared to prove it!"

Laugh at silly attempts at wit that mask uncertainty and ignorance.They soon tire when they don't get the juvenile attention they seek.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

So, you and gwydionblack have formed a tag-team. (See this thread.)

You guys aren't going to do anything about people who refuse to fall for every conspiracy theory they come across. Just like we're never going to do anything about those who jump on every conspiracy bandwagon, no matter how ridiculous.

But, something tells me both sides will keep trying...right up until "SHTF".

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity

Why would it be acceptable to "pick on" any thread? Here is my problem...what you just said. If somone posts that they believe the moon is a giant piece of cheese - they have that right to believe in that. Why would you post something such as:

"The moon is clearly a piece of rock idiot."

Right then and there, you have silenced and depressed someone sense of imagination. If you don't believe, either help them see the error, express your debate in a civil way, or don't post at all.

Why would you purposely put someone down? Our MSM and society already teach us that questioning norms has consequences...why would you come to a site like ATS to put down a "pushing the limits of our reality" post?

Thats what this community is for. For all to express themselves equally, without being silenced. Have some respect for people, and allow their imagination to grow, no matter how ridiculous. Otherwise, you are contributing to our ignorance, which this site is here to deny. (Cliche eh?)
edit on 13-9-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
all I ever ask is the theory to be presented as a....theory

when people start throwing around words like "proof, fact" ect, then the idea will be challenged

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

So, you and gwydionblack have formed a tag-team. (See this thread.)

You guys aren't going to do anything about people who refuse to fall for every conspiracy theory they come across. Just like we're never going to do anything about those who jump on every conspiracy bandwagon, no matter how ridiculous.

But, something tells me both sides will keep trying...right up until "SHTF".

You misunderstand my post. This is not a plea for people to accept, or even remotely believe in any theory brought up on this forum. This post is to ask for people to have some decency.

Respect those insane ideas and say "Wow, thats out there, but good for this person for pushing the boundaries and expressing their right to think beyond social norms."

My post is a plea for trolls, whether intentional or not, to stop repressing the imaginations of posters on this forum. Even a slight sarcastic comment can make someone never want to post again, in fear of ridicule.

We as a community may one day miss out on something amazing, because a troll made a sad attempt to be funny, at the posters expense.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
all I ever ask is the theory to be presented as a....theory

when people start throwing around words like "proof, fact" ect, then the idea will be challenged

Exactly. Challenge it, but don't make one lined sarcastic comments, with the only outcome being that the OP feels like a moron. Even if he IS a moron, at least that moron is speaking up. Which is more than can be said for the majority of our population.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity

Why would it be acceptable to "pick on" any thread? Here is my problem...what you just said. If somone posts that they believe the moon is a giant piece of cheese - they have that right to believe in that. Why would you post something such as:

"The moon is clearly a piece of rock idiot."

Right then and there, you have silenced and depressed someone sense of imagination. If you don't believe, either help them see the error, express your debate in a civil way, or don't post at all.

Why would you purposely put someone down? Our MSM and society already teach us that questioning norms has consequences...why would you come to a site like ATS to put down a "pushing the limits of our reality" post?

Thats what this community is for. For all to express themselves equally, without being silenced. Have some respect for people, and allow their imagination to grow, no matter how ridiculous. Otherwise, you are contributing to our ignorance, which this site is here to deny. (Cliche eh?)

I don't think anyone means to put anyone down directly. The problem is that some people are so ignorant that even when you tell them something to the contrary of the false illusion they believe, they go into denial and claim you're a "dis-info agent" (and/or) "bot."

Some people have such outlandish theories that they are the sole reason conspiracy theorists are never taken seriously. We are all put in the same category, if someone does not know the the reality of conspiracies, they imminently envision a guy with a tin foil hat saying that the government is after them making claims that there is reptilian shape shifters on youtube...

To the contrary. It is the people that say these outlandish claims that tears our reputation down.. It is not the other way where realists destroying credibility of conspiracy theorists by deeming crazy thoughts as crazy. Call a spade a spade.

Conspiracy theories are meant to inform others about factual information that proves to the contrary of the status quo. They are not meant to be a way of creating a false manifestation of conspiracy truth by "claiming the moon is made of cheese" or that Elenin is a "spaceship"...

That is what Science Fiction is for...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I didn't misunderstand it. You're saying that, no matter what someone suggests, they should have the freedom to do so... that to criticize someone for "out of the box" thinking is to stifle their creativity.
And this is the difference between the freedom of speech and denying ignorance. The freedom of speech says that we all have the right to say what we want... including things like, "The moon is made of cheese". Denying ignorance means that the rest of us have the right to say, "After multiple lunar missions and a vast collection of soil samples, we can conclusively say that the moon is made of rock, not cheese." Some people, of course, choose to sum this up with the phrase, "The moon's not cheese, you idiot." Which, I'll admit, is as bad as saying it is made of cheese... as neither side has presented any proof or logical reasoning.

There's a difference between stifling creativity and fostering ignorance.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well, it´s never a good sign for an argument/theory when people start debating the debate of it.

What´s the most recent update on this thing anyway? Shouldn´t it have arrived by now?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Respect those insane ideas and say "Wow, thats out there, but good for this person for pushing the boundaries and expressing their right to think beyond social norms."

This is just a terrible idea. Nobody should be commended for idiocy.

Its one thing to call into question the official story. Its another thing entirely to be dragged heels first through somebody else's fiction.

Besides, anytime a so-called "skeptic" tries to explain why an idea is nothing more then completely fabricated, blind believers take an offensive stance and use the exact same lack of decorum that you are accusing us of.

Both sides have a tendency to fight for what they believe, but only one side refers to David Ike, Peggy Kane, and ridiculous Youtube videos when trying to explain their perspective.

When an anonymous person is both offensive, and relying on this type of evidence, its not easy to let them get away with that... Imagination cannot be allowed to go unchecked or we will all be dumber for it.
edit on 13-9-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: dont know why my text looks like that

edit on 13-9-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

This threads needs to be up there...I think ATS has been infiltrated by a lot of arrogant buff heads.

Thus, this is a plea for ATS moderators to beef up on moderating forums, and finding them trolls and penalizing, them for trollish behavior and breaching of T & C.

edit on 13-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
People following ignorant theories is the reason society is blind. Not because of people who criticize them...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You cannot prove a negative. It's ludicrous to even suggest that. You also cannot decide who can or cannot post on your thread(s). Leave that to a Mod to do.

You are on ATS not GLP.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You are stating "we are a blind society" - but it's YOU who are blindly believing the disinfo agents and pseudo researchers - in fact you eat their theories up and then re-post them on the forum as "truth".

You question MSM..you question CNN...you question everything said by the mainstream media or the politicians - but you BLINDLY believe a D.Icke or Hoagland or someone who is claiming that the 9/11 planes were holographic projections? WHERE DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?

Critical thinking can NOT be one-sided and biased - at the end you will be the one being brain washed, ironically while you are thinking that you "escaped" the brain washing by the MSM....only to believe the next best "channeler" or crazy youtube person instead - without any attempt to even ask what THEIR agenda is or whether there is a likelihood what THEY are saying could be wrong.

edit on 13-9-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

No it's just the lack of evidence. People only talk about Elenin because that's all the've heard of. What is Goddard? Name another handful of comets, meteors, or asteroids...Go ahead and look them up, Elenin is smaller and will not pass as close as half the objects that are a near miss, and this is no near miss-it's not even on our vertical plane...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
People following ignorant theories is the reason society is blind. Not because of people who criticize them...

Your missing the point here...

I think what the op is insisting is some decency in the mix, if you will, and not some childish one liners, for quick stars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join