It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Freak Out" factor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My reaction would depend entirely on how it happened. For example, if SETI pubically announced it had recieved a signal from an alien intelligence, or the government came clean and admitted they had evidence of extraterrestrial life, then I would be exited and plan the biggest party ever. However, if I woke up one morning and saw spaceships hovering over the worlds major cities (like in Independence Day), I would probably pack up and head for the hills until I knew it was safe.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Nobody ever panicked about ET or Ufo reports. The deaths during the HG Wells broadcast were from a traffic accident (thankyou 2IC) and was overblown. But people still believe this.
The only deaths I know of was the South American incident when a boat filled with people ,and a priest, saw a craft overhead.Some panicked and jumped overboard,even though the occupants acted friendly and waved.
I think I have that story somewhere.Don't hear about it anymore.
The Church is still big in your nation and the truth would be exposed,destroying a profitable enterprise.Got it?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stgeorge
Nobody ever panicked about ET or Ufo reports. The deaths during the HG Wells broadcast were from a traffic accident (thankyou 2IC) and was overblown. But people still believe this.
The only deaths I know of was the South American incident when a boat filled with people ,and a priest, saw a craft overhead.Some panicked and jumped overboard,even though the occupants acted friendly and waved.
I think I have that story somewhere.Don't hear about it anymore.
The Church is still big in your nation and the truth would be exposed,destroying a profitable enterprise.Got it?

Some one had said earlier in this thread that family members killed other family members when War of the Worlds was aired. I had also heard this before. Never from any reputible sources though. Thanks for the info, Ill try a search on metacrawler and see what I can find.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
My life is so entwined with the ETs and the U.S. Government (GOOD GUYS) that I would NOT freak out. In fact, I would be relieved. HOWEVER, my life would be in danger from the people who did freak out. I am a contactee/hybrid/genetic experiment and walk-in. In other words, SOMEONE THREW THE BOOK AT ME, so to speak. (Gave me a LOT of weird attributes. How odd can my life get?)

SOME people would be upset. We are in the Space Age now, so people might not be upset for more than one week.
(As recently as a few days ago, a Reptilian HEALED my left arm.)

I am a genetic experiment too,half human,half cow

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

Originally posted by Imzadi
My life is so entwined with the ETs and the U.S. Government (GOOD GUYS) that I would NOT freak out. In fact, I would be relieved. HOWEVER, my life would be in danger from the people who did freak out. I am a contactee/hybrid/genetic experiment and walk-in. In other words, SOMEONE THREW THE BOOK AT ME, so to speak. (Gave me a LOT of weird attributes. How odd can my life get?)

SOME people would be upset. We are in the Space Age now, so people might not be upset for more than one week.
(As recently as a few days ago, a Reptilian HEALED my left arm.)

I am a genetic experiment too,half human,half cow

I think you scared him off!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I am a contactee/hybrid/genetic experiment and walk-in.

Does that mean you shed your skin every couple of months? If your tail fell off would a new one grow back? The only freaky thing to freak out over is that freaks believe in such freaking BS.
What came first, the theory or the X-files?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
OK, we've bashed enough. Me included. Lets get back to the subject. I want to know some specific reactions. Would you call mom? Would you pray to your God?
Lets get a little deep with this. Im looking for specifics in info.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

OK, we've bashed enough. Me included. Lets get back to the subject. I want to know some specific reactions. Would you call mom? Would you pray to your God?

I honestly wouldn't know to tell you the truth. I could be all gung-ho and say that if ET landed in front of me, making a mockery of my mocking nature towards the subject, I'd challenge it to a fist fight as having several more fingers than ET would give me an advantage in the fist department. But I'd probably be more inclined to crap my pants and go weak at the knees as the more primeval instincts kick in to the flight or fight mode. If I saw an announcement on the news that the Aliens cruised into the United Nations building to say waz-up, it would be interesting for a few days b4 the more important issues like Rugby and the current state of the Worlds problems resumed service as normal. Of course if any such thing happened, I think 50% of the World would be instantly converted whilst the other 50% would argue that it was all just computer generated images and very short actors in masks.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
All those people abducted in the past would seek compansation from the government. Also, I am not sure I could sleep thinking that I could be abducted or even become food for some ETs!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
All those people abducted in the past would seek compansation from the government. Also, I am not sure I could sleep thinking that I could be abducted or even become food for some ETs!

I was getting ready to sy that I couldnt think of ever hearing the one about us becoming E.T's next meal, then I remembered that made for TV series back in the 80's called V. I think there was a sequel to the series as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I wouldn't freak out because I wouldn't be surprised at all. I doubt that if they are intelligent enough to arrive here and study us, then they would negatively intervene our precious civilization.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I would first call whoever I knew and make sure they watched the news. My mom never watches tv, so she would be #1 person to call.(She didn't know 9/11 had happened till she picked me up from school and I told her, and she didn't believe me till I turned the tv on and showed her, same with the Columbia accident)

But hey, not invading, come on down. Invading, say hello to my big freind. But if aliens came here, doubt a double barrel 12 gauge will do much.

People War of the Wolrds was aliens invading and making war, I think the creator of this post meant something like a news flash on CNN that aliens had landed in the UN building.

Edit, said I the the creator when I meant I think the creator.

[edit on 29-8-2004 by James the Lesser]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I think the only way the government would come clean is if there were too many UFO reports/sightings to cover up. Say by the end of this year there is a sighting in every major U.S. city, how could you deny that something wasn't there when a majority of the population would have seen it.
Then once a vast majority of the people have seen such craft, they could possibly come out and say, yes that wasn't one of our own craft. we don't know what it is, but we know it was not from this planet.
I'm not sure if thats news enough for everyone but they should at least slowly start leaking hints into the public.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It all depends on the situation.....

If I wake up one morning and see soldiers shooting it out with aliens on the streets I would be scared sh*tless (It would be also fun to take out the old rifle and test my shooting)

If the aliens landed not crashed and were all over CNN I would be glued to the television just like on 9/11.

Now If they crashed and people managed to get on television, I would first be suprised because you never see none of the big guys like Dan Rathers or Peter Jennings talking about EXTRATERISTERIALS.

But In any case I wouldn't really be afraid ; I would be happy because then it will conclude were not alone in this big black void

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by crispexi
I think the only way the government would come clean is if there were too many UFO reports/sightings to cover up. Say by the end of this year there is a sighting in every major U.S. city, how could you deny that something wasn't there when a majority of the population would have seen it.
Then once a vast majority of the people have seen such craft, they could possibly come out and say, yes that wasn't one of our own craft. we don't know what it is, but we know it was not from this planet.
I'm not sure if thats news enough for everyone but they should at least slowly start leaking hints into the public.

It would take a lot of sightings for that to happen, And they would have to be taped of course with clarity. Their are some videos of UFOS hovering right next to apartment buildings in Mexico their so clear that you can see good detail of the ship. Protests could work but I don't think people will go that far for just some information.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by crispexi
Oh yes i forgot to say how this knowledge would begin the collapse of religeon around the world.

I actually think that would be more exciting to see than the aliens

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
i dont think people would freak out if the government said the aliens are peaceful, perhaps the aliens arent. That might be why their keeping it a secret.

I wouldnt i dont think, maybe just say "ok"

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Im glad I have gotten everyone thhinking on this. Just woke up and saw the post added after I went to bed. Guess Ill have to invest in some Red Bull next time.

Anyway, James the Lesser hit it on the head
with what I had originally meant about Aliens not wanting to attack, but rather just landed to say wassup.

If aliens were to land in an invasion force, I am pretty sure thier would be mass panic. I read a few post back where someone had said that they didnt care if they were peaceful E.T's or not, this person was going alien hunting anyway if they ever landed. Im getting some really insightfull info here so keep it coming.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hi to all. Istvan is maybe right--page 2--24.8.2004 at 02:38 pm
If my memory is good I remember something . I Cassiopaea.com
MAN whit spirit and MAN whit not spirit on the Eart (les potails
organiques in french).For sure something is wrong on that Planete.

regards chapo

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapo
Hi to all. Istvan is maybe right--page 2--24.8.2004 at 02:38 pm
If my memory is good I remember something . I Cassiopaea.com
MAN whit spirit and MAN whit not spirit on the Eart (les potails
organiques in french).For sure something is wrong on that Planete.

regards chapo

What?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join