It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Doppelgänger just ruin my relationship?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I was walking home from town in broad daylight. I saw my daughter walking towards me smoking a ciggy and looking upset. I couldn't understand why whe was ignoring me. I new she had gone on a long drive that day to collect a car bought on ebay and she should not have been anywhere near. I knew that if she and her partner had rowed or something and plans changed she would have told me.
She got closer and closer and still ignored me she was about 4 feet away when I realised it wasn't her but my mind was boggled I still wasn't sure. She looked at me and walked past.
It was unreal. It bugged me all day. To think that someone looked so like my daughter I couldn't even tell till they were in front of my face.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alohagirl21

Just speaking about astrology it is pure BS. Anyone can be an idiot regardless of when they are born.

That is all.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have been reading ATS for months and have never posted a comment. I came across your story and thought I would share what has happened to me in the past. Let me first say that I can see the disbelief that many members have with this topic of doppelgangers and to let you know that I am sorry this happened to you, but as others have posted there is a trust issue and maybe your better off. If she actually saw a doppleganger it will not be her last. My first experiance was 6 years ago Christmas day at my moms house, I was walking from the living room to the dining room and my mom past me, we spoke and she went upstairs, I then went into the kitchen and my mom was at the stove cooking. I told her I just saw her going upstairs, I went upstairs and no one was there. The next time was last year at my home I was outside and my husband was inside watching tv. I saw him walk out of the house and walk to our barn, not once looking at me or speaking to me. I directly went into the house and he was watching tv. I told him I just saw him go to the barn he said I have been in the house the whole time. In both cases I saw the true person within a minute of the doppleganger. There was a distinct difference in the two my mom was just like my mom even spoke to me, my husband looked to be in almost a zombie state not making eye contact and looking ahead. I know to someone who has never had this experiance it sounds crazy, but when you have had it happen to you that's when you start to question and say what the heck just happened? I didn't know there was a word for it until I did some research. 'I had a paranormal expert tell me that most dopplegangers happen when there is an out of body experiance, so maybe you really wanted to be at your neighbors? I don't know if this helped I just felt I needed to share.
edit on 14-9-2011 by sophie101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
maybe she was drunk or on drugs, or you walk on your sleep but i think she's overreacting because i bet she just saw someone that looked like you and she's a very jealous person.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I believe in dopplegangers but i also believe when men cheat they come up with some crazy excuses.

If you didn't do anything wrong, wouldnt the neighbour just say it wasn't you?
edit on 15-9-2011 by eyesdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Funny, I found my doppleganger in another town and for chips and giggles I stalk him, I dress like him sometimes and secretly make his life miserable. I will ruin him.
Good times... good times...
edit on 15-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Not sure about the doppelganger thing, but don't give up hope due to astrology yet, I am a typical Gemini and my wife of 29 years is a typical Scorpio, so if it is worth it, it can work.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is one weird thread and not because of the OP. I just don't get why so many people think the OP is a lying cheat trying to drag ATS in on his excuse. What purpose would that serve? Do you all think he is going to print out our responses and hand his gf stacks of supporting evidence from our posts? From what I can see he is not stupid and his reading comprehension exceeds that of some of his respondents despite his injuries and obvious communication difficulties. I know ATS is full of skeptics and cynics but I see some people here possibly projecting their own relationship anxieties onto the OP rather than trying to analyze the possibilities of the scenario as presented. I personally don't give a rat's butt about anyone's astrological sign, nor do I care if the relationship pans out or not. But if this scenario is accurately related, it merits some inquiry and discussion from those of us who have experienced someting similar or are willing, like one member, to post a useful link.

I've experienced both auditory and visual doppelgänger phenomena and am interested in the possible causes and how these things manifest for other people. In my current house it is a very common thing for my daughter and I to hear precisely the sounds my husband makes upon arriving home from work or even leaving to go to work even though he is not here or has not yet arrived. I don't know why such a thing is apparently linked to this location, but it fascinates me.

Visually, I have both my own doppelgänger that used to be seen with my car, no less, driving around my parents' neighborhood. A lot of the time it was possible I was napping when this happened. If it is some form of astral travel, I'm not sure how my car got involved. I have seen doppelgänger versions of my mother when I was a child. She was asleep a lot of the times I saw her doppelgänger but not always. Both my mother and I have both survived severe injuries decades ago, though unlike the OP neither my mom nor I have lingering physical damage as a result. Still, I wonder if there is something about doppelgängers that at times may relate to traumatic injury or psychological trauma.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
To the OP of this thread if you ever return I am very sorry what these ignorant fools have trolled on you for. To the person with the John Lennon smoking a doobie picture, you dont deserve to have that picture, also I'm going to have my Wikkan friend curse your love life. I understand Psychology, and um hello who's going to trust something anybody said they saw at three a'clock in the morning, after being outside for ten minutes. It takes thirty minutes for the rods in your eye to adjust to the dark completely. In the humble opinion of a man who has lived with a minimum of two women his entire life, one her eyes played tricks on her or two, she's a sneaky, two timing @$#%&, that cheated on you and is flipping the situation and is using it as ammo. Men have short attention spans, and women are MUCH better liars then man, and if they have more than a split second to come up with an idea, the rest of the time is spent refining the lie. Also never once did this guy say wait let me think a second, which is THE dead give away of a man lying.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Call me crazy, and this is what will happen to most of us that know the truth, but yet, there are dopplegangers, those that wear the masks of what we look like, to make us look like something we are not....to silence us who know the truth and frame us for what we are not. And destroy us in so doing. Be brave

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I ripped on you a bunch before in the thread, but when I saw it pop up again on my ats I had a thought.
Now I still think you aren't telling the truth if you say you went and talked to the girl you supposedly visited and she said no one came over, but this scenario is possible.

I was thinking If the shirt you own that you were supposedly wearing when you visited was bought for you by the girl you were supposedly visiting (or.. er your doppelganger) then it's possible that the girl bought the same shirt for another guy and he could resemble you (as people will date people that resemble old flames) and maybe your girlfriend saw that? I had a girl I went out with a couple of times buy me a shirt for xmas. Years later when I visited her in her new place (we live far apart) i saw a picture of her most recent boyfriend wearing the same shirt she bought for me. She had liked it so much she bought the same shirt for two guys.

Just giving you a story I guess, because I still think you are full of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
you got punk'd !

but srsly

I think you did it bro, but don't have any recollection due to drugs, alcohol, denial or maybe even sleep cheating

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join