It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many ATS predictions have come true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm not expecting alot of responses here, but hopefully someone can surprise me....

It's not that I don't believe predicting the future to some extent is possible, but the vast majority of them come from either dreams, finding patterns in numbers, or just reinterpretting older unfullfilled prophecies. In terms of 2012 predictions first it was solar flares, then we were crossing a galactic plane that was going to cause a pole shift, then it was nibiru, then a brown dwarf, now it's a comet. It's like one prediction just continues to evolve perpetually.

That being said I am still open to the belief that life is more than what we can see. I am hoping someone can provide some links to posts dated prior to an event that has actually occured. Or also to make things interesting, if you want to link to an author that has been wrong countless times that would be good to know as well. By wrong I don't mean an educated guess, I mean someone who just had no idea what they are talking about. I am really just trying to gauge the credibility of various predictions and their sources.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by centrifugal

Erm.........not many,......er better make that none, zero, zip.

Cosmic...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
All of the people who predicted that the prediction wouldn't come true.
They are the real prophets.

edit on 13-9-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The price of gold is going to skyrocket.
Obama is going to start more wars.
I can't think of any others offhand.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'd have to do some searching, but there were a couple of very accurate predictions before the Japanese EQ. One was a dream, almost a year in advance, it was posted on ATS in an innocent manner, and it became HUGE after the EQ. There was another very close prediction for that one, based more on Science, about a month ahead of time. Both were regular ATS members, that don't dabble in prediction stuff too often.

Hopefully someone else can dig those predictions up for us.

I'm sure there are some others as well, but I'm also sure the percentage is extremely low!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I've made a few myself about some threads that were posted going 404d but I guess that doesn't really count.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Here is JakiusFogg's EQ prediction from a dream Link

Last night, I had a brief dream in which I saw a map of the USGS world view (which I do check on and off)

On it I saw a LARGE RED sqaure surrounded by many other smaller squares just of the east coast of Japan. The thing was this square was much larger than the normal size square USGS put up for a 7+

Normally would not think much of this, but this was one of those that sticks clearly in my mind, and I can still see with my waking eye.

- Just to add previously I have had experience of having headaches prior to large EQ's including just prior to the Chile quake I woke up with an urge to watch videos of the 2004 Tsunami, which was unexplained. Later I was involved in the massive thread about that quake and the ensuing Tsunami warnings.

This Thread is the same subject, and it has several links in it.

And Another Similar Thread (much larger)

edit on 13-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I also thought there was one about how we were going to be convinced of alien life in steps. One of the steps I recall was the discovery of potentially habitable Earthlike planets in the near future. Reading the news yesterday about the many planets just discovered and the earthlike planet which was estimated at 70 degrees with 50% cloud cover brought that to mind.

Anyone remember this?
edit on 13-9-2011 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Erm.........not many,......er better make that none, zero, zip.

Cosmic...

Oops, Getreadyalready beat me to it

That japan EQ prediction totally blew me away..Absolutely stunning, maybe one of the worlds most amazing predictions and it was revealed first here on ATS

I had thought that he also predicted the exact date that it would happen, but maybe not..
edit on 13-9-2011 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I thought it was a girl that predicted the Japan earthquake, no? She had a dream where she saw a USGS map with with a big red square off the coast of Japan. She nailed the date and was off on the magnitude by .5. I've haven't seen anything else like that on here since.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I think there might be another thread with another prediction that was even more accurate, because I thought it was a full year in advance, but the one I linked was only a couple of months in advance.

I think TrueAmerican might have hit on that prediction as well?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ahh yes, that was it, the other one was a full year in advance and it really knocked everyone's socks off.. Knew the exact date of march 11 and even got the correct, firstly reported number right.. 8.9 or something, even though that number changed a lot.. I think when it was first reported though, his number matched what they first reported.
edit on 14-9-2011 by alienreality because: correction

new topics

top topics

join