It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MotherJones Ron Paul Hit Piece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I ran across this on while browsing for Ron Paul information. These seem like pretty damning accusations. Granted this about as liberal as websites get. Personally I don't know what to think. Is Ron Paul just another politician playing the game? This seems totally out of character for him.

motherjones.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHorseChestnut

Ron Paul regularly earmarks money for his district then votes against the bill. This way, if it is passed, the money at least goes to his district.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Did you happen to look at EVERY ad on that site?.....hmmmmmmm

Heres Ron Pauls stance on earmarks.His OWN words.

Rep. Ron Paul Defends His Earmarks in Spending Bill

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If this is all they can come up with on Ron Paul this man is more than awesome!
I love how they try and make him look bad by using money intended for his district, for the exact reason it was intended for.

They act like he somehow was using the money to operate a crack house out the back of his mansion in some high rent district.

So let me get this straight, they attempt to dig up dirt on RP, fail, then use the worst info they could in an attempt to spin it in a way that makes him look bad, but in the end it really makes him look good.
This site needs a new writer, and a new investigative team desperately!
edit on 9/13/2011 by SpaDe_ because: ...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It's a clear smear piece. The only part that is really accurate without severe spin is that his district was recently changed and includes more Democrat/standard Republican leanings. I'll let one of the more rabid RPers take it on point by point, but that article is pretty much just a liberal version of a FOXnews/WSJ type hit piece. Except that the majority of the country has never heard of MotherJones.

It's a shame, too. I used to have a good bit of respect for that publication for some of their alternative journalism. Libbies were all about "respecting" Ron Paul until they realized his ideas are really catching on at an exponential rate.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I have a fairly simple question. Is it still a hit piece if it's true?

new topics

top topics

join