It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Wi-fi refugees' shelter in West Virginia mountains

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Don't they realize the sun on a cloudy day causes more damage than wifi can ever do all their lifetime?

dont you realize that most people do not put the sun point blank to the side of their head?

dont you realize that people do not type away at the sun while its on their lap only a centimeter or 2 from their testicles?

dont you realize that whatever numbers that statement is based off most likely came from a study that was performed at what the FDA(yes they have radiological division) considers 'safe' distances, which happen to be...quite further than point blank to head/testicles?

radiation received from the sun is not even in the same ballpark as radiation being emitted from a cellphone/wifi. they are very specific frequencies.

do you just repeat every little "did you know" statement that you hear as fact?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
2.4 Gigaherz----> Same frequency as microwaves.
Nothing to see here, please move along.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknessMatters
Actually, there's more radiation (RF) coming out of a pre-HD era television, a microwave oven, a cell phone, a cordless telephone and so on and so on, than there is from a wi-fi transceiver. My guess is yes, hypochondriacs. Or possibly just schizophrenics. Or a combination of the two.
edit on 9/13/2011 by DarknessMatters because: (no reason given)

a microwave oven and most name brand televisions are shielded.

a cell phone operates on half a watt, and wifi routers can operate up to 4 watts (depending what its set to)

chordless phone is anywhere from 1 to 4 watts depending on its frequency band.

my guess is, you have no idea what your talking about.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
mobile phones have been around now for about 20 years or so. do you know anyone that has become ill or died from damage caused by using one? me neither. a lack of information is the cause of peoples worries, not the systems themselves.

the technology has evolved and changed substantially over 20 years.

your iphone is not related to the analogue phones from a decade ago. they dont even operate on the same frequencies.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by DarknessMatters

What I understood them to say was EMF waves were affecting them. It is quite possible some people could be sensitive to them. We know that EMF's are used by HAARP for many uses.

its already been proven many people are sensitive to EMF. this was proven before cell phones even existed.

the biggest problem is the cell towers that can range anywhere from 1000 to 30,000 watts.

some people live right next to one.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

reply to post by redrose123

Wi-fi routers emit RF energy, not Electromagnetic energy. Most operate above the 2.4 GHZ band. So it would have been some other device causing it, not wi-fi routers, which are low in transmit power anyway. Most drop signal after a 500 foot radius.

is this a joke? these statements couldnt be any more false.

radio frequency IS electromagnetic.

wifi routers ONLY operate on 2.4ghz which is in the microwave spectrum of EMF.

please go educate yourself on the basics of electromagnetic frequencies.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
2.4 Gigaherz----> Same frequency as microwaves.
Nothing to see here, please move along.

2.4ghz happens to be the specific frequency that agitates water molecules the most.

what are we made up of again?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Interesting post. Not sure if any of you have the same problem, but when I use my iPhone to talk, and hold it up to my ear, it gives me a headache on the side of my head that I used it on. Anybody else have this issue?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

it says in the booklet that came with the phone that your not actually supposed to hold it to your head but about a quarter inch from it (at the very least. this is because when its put directly to your head it exceeds the legal limits and is no longer considered "Safe")

and in my opinion the "legal limit" is already dangerous, it should be far less than what is allowed.

you should use the speakerphone function if you have one.
edit on 14-9-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Soon, "they" will acknowledge 'electromagnetic hypersensitivity' as a "rare" disease and say it's genetic.

And btw - industry has created and changed so many molecules in this modern techno world of ours that yeah, most everything DOES give you cancer these days. ...We're adapting and it's part of the evolutionary process. Might be a good idea to slow it all down a tad tho.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Saltarello

They are also the worst environmental disaster in the history of man kind and will eventually kill us all. These things contain mercury and what do you think happens when they break or get tossed in the trash? These millions upoin millions of bulbs will allow the mercury to seep into the environment then into the water. Give it about o say 20-30 years and yeah thats all she wrote. Ever look THAT up?
edit on 14-9-2011 by Old77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its not the Frequency its the power behind it. Your phones are deadlier than the towers surrounding you. But also realize 2.4 does not go very far or through much of anything thus the power must be high and the towers must be plenty. A tree branch with a healthy bushel of branches and leaves will eat anything other than a 900 signal and below. It really blows when your a wireless tech and you cant hit a water tower that you can see because there is a tree branch blocking the signal to the SM.

If it bothers you that much I would just turn you phone off when you sleep and all electronics even plugged into the wall as all energy flow will create and emit things you can feel. Thus electronics in the bed room is bad policy.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
I'd rather have a tower near my house than a meth lab.

Life is full of tradeoffs.

From my house, I can see four cell towers and can not get a signal.

With-in a two mile radius of my house the county sheriff has found three meth labs, and I don't do meth.

No trade off there.

Link TV is running a documentary called "full Signal" about this subject.
edit on 14-9-2011 by hdutton because: after thought

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Interesting post. Not sure if any of you have the same problem, but when I use my iPhone to talk, and hold it up to my ear, it gives me a headache on the side of my head that I used it on. Anybody else have this issue?

time to see the doctor for you. and dont put it off....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm not bothered by cell phones but i've never used one in my life because of fear they may be harmful. Americans are idiots if they think the govt cares about any of us.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

mobile phones have been around now for about 20 years or so. do you know anyone that has become ill or died from damage caused by using one? me neither. a lack of information is the cause of peoples worries, not the systems themselves.

that's a terrible argument. Cigarettes were used for thousands of years before we found out they were deadly. Leaded gas was used for decades.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

that's a terrible argument. Cigarettes were used for thousands of years before we found out they were deadly. Leaded gas was used for decades.

your point? cigarettes were killing people as soon as they came out. mobile phones are'nt. ive yet to hear of a death related to mobile phone radiation. i can totally understand why people would be wary of them but the fact is their not dying from them. its not going to change in another 20 or 100 years either. cigarettes killed people immediately. it does'nt matter we only found out thousands of years later

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

Wi-fi routers emit RF energy, not Electromagnetic energy. Most operate above the 2.4 GHZ band. So it would have been some other device causing it, not wi-fi routers, which are low in transmit power anyway. Most drop signal after a 500 foot radius.

I'm quite sure that my certification from the ARRL (American Radio Relay League) and the FCC as a Licensed Radio Technician (that means, repair of RF emitting devices), doesn't qualify me to know anything about the difference between RF (radio frequency) and EMF (electromagnetic frequency). Right?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yes, as a matter of fact I do know of several people. One was a TV cable installer and repairman. Him and his partner were installing a new phone line for me, when the cell phone in the truck rang. I was talking to the guy, he reached into the truck, took the cell, and tossed it to the other man. "Don't like those things either?" I asked. He turned his head and took his fist and "knocked" on his left jaw bone. "Hear that"? he said, "That jawbone is plastic, I lost it to cancer from that damned phone being there all the time."

Another person, this one a woman who worked at our local Kroger store. Brenda was a real nice woman, easy on the eyes and a butt that wouldn't quit. Brenda carried her cell in the back left pocket of her jeans. She started getting real sick, and was off work for a long time. When I again saw her, and talked to her, she told me she had bone cancer in her left hip, and had to have it removed, and an artificial one put in it's place, plus, she told me, she had to have a full hysterectomy. Kroger fired her, by the way. Now she lives on Welfare while waiting for her social security. She will never work again.

Both of these cases were caused by the radiation from the cell phone.
Say whatever you want, I know some could not live without one glued to their ear. You could not pay me enough to carry one myself.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

I'm quite sure that my certification from the ARRL (American Radio Relay League) and the FCC as a Licensed Radio Technician (that means, repair of RF emitting devices), doesn't qualify me to know anything about the difference between RF (radio frequency) and EMF (electromagnetic frequency). Right?

Well let's hope that the people who certified you don't read your post.

RF a part of the EM spectrum. Radio frequencies (RF) are electromagnetic fields (EMF).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join