It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have seen plenty of, “IS ATS one of the Alphabet Agencies?” threads, but I posit a different q

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
When ATS was first formed, were the Site owners and Forum moderators linked through friendship at the beginning and through others? Probably. I could be wrong.

I have seen posts that were generating responses that were closed due to someone else having posted something similar. But the earlier post wasn’t generating hits/discussion and the later one did. What’s up with that? Was it the original posters thought were poorly thought out, or that more people at a certain time were on ATS with the next one?

Is there a small group of people, the elite...so to speak, which run ATS? UH! DUH! Ya think? It’s a business folks, but one with which we can discuss various topics and I myself am thankful. Even with the T&C.

ATS has taught me to be more cordial when discussing various topics. Meaning I don’t swear as much any more, here or in real life.

So with that, what may have first looked liked a rant is actually a thanks.

Keep on, keeping on ATS and it's denizens...I don't know most of you, but I appreciate you.

I'd love to see a history of how ATS was formed...

edit on 13-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yeah from what I understand or remember being said a long time ago, the 3 founders were friends in real life and made this website so they could discuss fun topics in a reasonable environment.

Also, I do not believe they were ready or anticipating the popularity that this site would find. I believe they were entirely blown away at how big this place has become.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
When ATS was first formed, were the Site owners and Forum moderators linked through friendship at the beginning and through others? Probably. I could be wrong.

Nope.

Second Line.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The upper echelon at ATS....

www.theabovenetwork.com...

ETA: what I find odd is that none of the press releases on that site are newer than 2007. Did ATS execs just give up trying to grow their business model then? If not, why leave the stale site/content up?

Same here, nothing newer than 2007??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

P.S. Try the 'news' link at the top of that page......wedding planning......WTH?

www.atsnn.com...

edit on 13-9-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join