It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading man jailed for dead girl 'trolling' insults

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Maybe the Westboro people should get prosecuted as well. I guess it's only trolling if you don't claim god is on your side.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Incredulo

Some countries have it right and have banned both Westboro and Scientology.

Neither have anything to do with religion, the jedi religion is more valid than them.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
On a personal level, if we are talking about just this one individual, I have no problem with anything that happens to him. Violent beating, maiming, life imprisonment, or even preferably death. I would welcome it. This is because I believe that once a person has reached adulthood, if they have so little conscience as to be able to behave in this callous, offensive and negative manner towards others, they have no value as human beings. At this point in their lives these people probably can't be changed, and it would be much better for the world if they ceased to exist. In a perfect world, I would be the arbiter of life and death and could cleanse the world of people like this, making it a paradise for the rest of us.

In the real world, however, it is far too dangerous to grant power to the state to imprison anyone over speech. No matter how much that person may deserve it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don't think it should be illegal, at least here in the U.S. We do have the 1st Amendment, and contrary to liberal 1984 Newspeak, people do NOT have a right to NOT be offended. That being said, I wouldn't prosecute someone for knocking his grill out.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I have NEVER caused anyone pain by such means. I HAVE broken bones of those who have done it to my family and my friends.

So you're pretty much worse than this kid. Someone makes fun of a dead girl ZOMG JAIL THEM! Yet you run around 'breaking peoples bones'. I'm sure that's just internet tough guy talk anyway.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Is he a douche? Yes, is he scooping to the lowest level to attack someone who committed suicide? Yes

Should he be jailed, absolutely not.

People show up and pickit on soldiers funerals against the war, which if you ask me is so much lower than doing it annon though the internet.

He should just get a bad rep and some local hatred, not prison.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is how most idiot americans think. They're opposed to censorship unless there's a good reason for it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Well from that photo only i could tell that man has no self respect to anyone

I hope they lock him up.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

My question to you, dear ATS reader, is should it be illegal?

For something to be illegal, there must be a law that was broken.

What's the law he broke?

Then you'll have the answer....

You can't just arrest someone for being a scumbag....as much as we'd like to.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

What's the law he broke?

well the girl did kill herself
so he is guilty for that, didnt he send her insulting comments on facebook?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Asperger's or not, what he did was wrong and him being locked up is more of a message to the others who haven't been caught than punishing him in particular.

Funny, had a girlfriend with Asperger's and she hates scum like this too and also thinks Gary McKinnon is an idiot who should be locked up too.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't think it should be illegal, as this type of censorship may lead down a very, Very dark road for the future of America... However he does deserve to be dragged into the middle of the street and mercilessly beaten with a large wooden pole.

Reminds me of those cretins that protest at American troop funerals and 'thank God' for dead soldiers... I read that even the KKK got into a fight with those degenerates not long ago, and that's saying something..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Gazrok

What's the law he broke?

well the girl did kill herself
so he is guilty for that, didnt he send her insulting comments on facebook?

She killed herself due to bullying at school by throwing herself in front of a train.

This guy then found a tribute page and set up one of his own and sent comments to the official page making train jokes. So yeah, he insulted her but only after her death.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour intending to and causing harassment, alarm or distress - section 4A of the Act;
using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress - section 5 of the Act;

www.cps.gov.uk...

He could have been charged with either but its very likely it was the 1st offence.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

I agree....with all of today's technology....there has got to be a way ..that the social networking sites....can program their sites...so that offensive language and threats etc. are rejected ....and not allowed on their sites.

Oh...but wait...if they did that...they probably wouldn't have as many members....so..it's about the money?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Ass kicked and spit on, absolutely, arrested and jailed by the government.... No.

this statement is contradictory in itself.....

You say he shouldn't be jailed by the government, but that he should be ass kicked and spit on leading the ass kicker and spitter to be .....:::::
rum Roll:::::......

Jailed by the government...

Oh the vicious cycle....

Yes he should be jailed....Sometimes laws are there to prevent vigilante justice...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
its an outrage he was jailed. these people care for nothing more than their selfishness. when somebody dies people aren't crying for them, they're crying for themselves because THEY lost somebody. its just selfishness in my book. people die every day, its just a part of life. death is taken too seriously now a days.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

From this comment I'm left to assume you are still very young.
Although I've lost people close to me whilst in my youth, & as an older adult, I can assure you that your perception of death does change.
Whilst 20 years ago I would have probably laughed & agreed with your comment (because I was an idiot), theres not a chance now.
Death of loved ones has been sacred throughout humanities history for good reason.
The opportunity to pay last respects in a dignified, respectful manner aids healing & closure for loved ones left behind. This ritual is ALL the more important where the loss is sudden or unexpected, as in the case of suicide, murder etc. where there are so many words left unsaid, & no opportunity to say them EVER again.
I'm also left to assume that alot of the 'pro freedom of speech'ers' here, have never & hopefully will never, be on the receiving end of an attack such as this, at what would be the most vulnerable, saddest, traumatic, time of their lives. To lose a person that was your world, even more so.
The horror to have your dead childs face, superimposed on a train & ridiculed , is demoralizing & offensive in the extreme, & why?? Just because someone CAN?? Because they have the right to free speech???
I truly can't imagine the suffering this would cause the family, & for this reason alone, there should be laws to prevent this type of behavior.
If it means jail time, then so be it. If this is the penalty, & 'trolls'- I mean 'freedom of speechers' ,still choose to engage in it. then face the consequences.
This EXTREME type of behavior should never be considered harmless or ok by our society.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This is in the UK. The UK has no freedom of speech, thus: the Revolutionary War and ratification of the US Constitution by the founding fathers. Had this happened in the USA, the dude would have been named, shamed, and likely beaten... but I wouldn't expect a court trial over it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Does he deserve to be disliked and scorned by the rest of the society?

Maybe. I'm sure that statement agrees with many people.

Does he deserve to be jailed for it?

No. In all likelihood he was just a bored, antisocial individual browsing /b/, and decided to join in a raid for ****s and giggles.

Can't arrest someone for being an asshat.

Note: I might have just violated the TOS.

Note: Don't punish me please.

Note: UKisfeedingthetrolls
edit on 14-9-2011 by MisterMan because: Code correction

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

This is in the UK. The UK has no freedom of speech, thus: the Revolutionary War and ratification of the US Constitution by the founding fathers. Had this happened in the USA, the dude would have been named, shamed, and likely beaten... but I wouldn't expect a court trial over it.

You have no freedom of speech either. I posted a video of a guy getting arrested for doing something a lot less harmful and vindictive.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join