page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

The guy actually has Aspergers.

I think this is an very important Point,
maybe some People do not know this "??Disease??".
(i do not know, is it really a Disease, or a Genetic Disposition, or ......?)

For the Generation-Facebook: afair there is a Southpark Episode which explain it very well
edit on 14-9-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-9-2011 by Human0815 because: Info

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
All speech HAS to be protected. You can't pick and chose what is allowed to be said because it upsets you.

No it doesn't.

Free speech stops being free speech when it becomes hate speech.

There are laws against it and for good reason

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I believe trolling should be protected as a free speech. "Hurting someones feelings" should not be a crime. Free speech has its limits, (such as directly incinting violence or some other crimes), but I disagree with this "hate speech" BS that seems to be prevalent today. Hate is a legitimate emotion which has its place in a functional society.

Is it so hard to make a facebook page private?
edit on 14/9/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I am from Reading and I just want to say that this man does not represent us!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Free speech makes me laugh.

The guy is a looser with mental issues from childhood, or just brainwashed by this SAD 'trolling' thing the kids and spotty teenagers get of on. These are the guys who are only supported by people similar to him.

They don't get attention and are probably ignored in the real world due to their social backwardness, so they think its ok acting a childish dork on the internet in the safety of their basement.

When you can grasp the full picture of our society. You can see there is split between the loosers and the pathologically normal people when it comes to a debate like this one.

On that basis then, we can say that the sad neckbeared interfered with the lifes of normal people who just want to mourn the girls death.Because in the real world that is normal

Would that podgy dork do that at a funeral with her parents around? No of course not. He should stick to his lonely friends on the internet and not interfere with the real world.

Go back to 4chan and live there!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think the only solution to all of our problems is an all out Police State. I think that that scenario would best serve humanity in our troublesome interpersonal skills. I think that, under a Police State, we can make problematic people go away, instead of having to go through all the trouble of looking at their issues and seeing how they've been hurt inside or how the overall society is harming their physical or mental wellbeing. Eff that liberal noise, draw and quarter they asses in the public square for all to see; lock them up in a 6' x 6' cell for weeks on end; put hoods over their heads and electrocute their nipples; chain them up and whip them in the traditional fascist phallic-fetish, state-sanctioned S & M, top-down police officer dominance fantasies that RealTV and 24 show.

Someone said the guy has Asperger's and he's an alcoholic. Wha-wha-wha. He's a defective human being. He needs the State to swoop in and take him out. Every little step with a black mark on him for the rest of his life. Why should we worry about what's happened in his life and how that may have affected his behavior? No, there can only be one victim and one slimeball - black and white, that's how the world is split up. With us or with the terrorists. This guy is not the victim, so he must be the slimeball who needs to be skull-#ed and whipped and beaten and spat on and removed from society for a period of time because that slimeball degenerate said something on the internet that offended people.

A police state is the only way, micro-managing our interpersonal relationships will be a fun fulltime job for the new Hyper-Super-Liberal-Conservative-Nanny-Fascist State apparatus and it's high tech controls telling us how we did this wrong or that wrong and correcting us from cradle to grave like little lab rats in a plexyglass maze.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Domo1

Scary precedence. I would understand if it was before she committed suicide and was a contributing factor, but I don't understand how it is illegal to say disparaging things after the fact? Bad manners is not a crime, but..............

Bad manners is a quick way to some natural consequences, I think his posts should be justifiable proof in defense of the family when this guy is found with his lips stapled together, and his fingers shattered with a ball-peen hammer. The family should be able to show the "trolling" posts, and get a slap on the wrist, and some community service along with the promise to not do it again.

Hi there, it's not a precedent, the law stretches back to 2003 and is not specific to the internet -

www.legislation.gov.uk...

Some precedents are mentioned here -

www.bbc.co.uk...

(apologies if these have been posted)

Clearly this doesn't happen every day of the week, but clearly this particular incident wasn't a one off idiot shooting his mouth off either.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
Free speech makes me laugh.

The guy is a looser with mental issues from childhood, or just brainwashed by this SAD 'trolling' thing the kids and spotty teenagers get of on. These are the guys who are only supported by people similar to him.

They don't get attention and are probably ignored in the real world due to their social backwardness, so they think its ok acting a childish dork on the internet in the safety of their basement.

When you can grasp the full picture of our society. You can see there is split between the loosers and the pathologically normal people when it comes to a debate like this one.

Right on, my brother. Children with issues from childhood just be euthanized so they don't end up like this guy. Asperger's is just liberal code for defective, anti-social people who can't just sit down and zone out on some football and then get depressed by how the rest of the world is not paying attention the same way. Well that's BS, the only proper way to live is have a front of honesty and civility for people, and scream moral conscience when any victim is found (never finding out for sure if there is any victimhood to the other party), and then whipping and flogging the victimizer senseless.

Black and white - no context-driven, neo-Ivory Tower moralistic BS - either you are the victim or you are a trash of human existence that has to be destroyed or at the very least contained in a cell.

On that basis then, we can say that the sad neckbeared interfered with the lifes of normal people who just want to mourn the girls death.Because in the real world that is normal

Would that podgy dork do that at a funeral with her parents around? No of course not. He should stick to his lonely friends on the internet and not interfere with the real world.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Jailed? Not sure.....punished, FOR sure. It's amazing how many replies on here have been talking about the protection of freedom of speech. Agreed, freedom of speech should be a CORNERSTONE of humanity. However, if I spoke to a person who's relative was murdered while walking down the street and told them, "Hehehehehe...you should have rode a bike"....HARSH.....this guy should be punished and punished hard. Freedom of speech aside.....the old saying goes, 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'.
He sounds like a bored, sad, insecure, attention seeking FAT F*&K.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Nothing much can be said, so I decided a picture would be better!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As reprehensible as the trolls' behavior was, I'd have to agree with my papa who used to say:

You gotta respect a man's right to be a sumanabeech if he wants to.

If the trolls' ACTIONS (including internet activities) can be found in a court of law to have been responsible for the victim's death then trolling becomes an actionable case; otherwise, it remains in the realm of free speech.

Free speech is not without limitations. You can't write or say things that are libelous and cause defamation of character, you can't yell "FIRE" in a crowded theatre, etc. We don't have the "right" to never be offended but there are laws that prevent inciting a riot or deliberately disturbing the peace (public or private).

The guy is obviously a cyberbully and a sumanabeech but it's up to the injured party to seek remedy and redress if they feel any actual laws have been broken.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

The guy is obviously a cyberbully and a sumanabeech but it's up to the injured party to seek remedy and redress if they feel any actual laws have been broken.

They did do that, hence the guy being sentenced and yes, laws were broken, again... why do you think he's now in prison?

He broke the law.... he is now in jail.

The malicious communications act, 1988.

www.neiladdison.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
How does the ignore feature on these social sites work?

2nd

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What I gather from this thread and roughly half of its contributors is that it's not okay to hurt someones feelings, but it's definitely okay to physically beat them. Have fun.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
All speech HAS to be protected. You can't pick and chose what is allowed to be said because it upsets you.

No it doesn't.

Free speech stops being free speech when it becomes hate speech.

There are laws against it and for good reason

So you are promoting hate speech against hate speech??

And you are also promoting hate against all people who promote hate.

I guess you should go to jail. I will seek the maximum punishment.

You not only offend me greatly with your harsh comments but you have hurt my feelings deeply and now I am emotionally unstable as a consequence.

Someone arrest this man!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE
I had only just read this on a news site myself. I was horrified to learn the things he had done. Apparently he suffers from Aspergers and has an issue with alcohol. Nonetheless, he is a vile man for doing what he did to those poor families.

There are cases of people committing suicide (such as one of his "targets"), because of internet bullying etc. I can't believe that some in society have sunk so low that they can actually find pleasure in these activities.

I say his sentence isn't long enough.

Who cares about who he is personally.

THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE.

The issue is that he's being charged for commiting a crime! And what did he do?
Pissed some people off?

I do that all the time, in real life and the internet. People may respond in many ways, but I've never had the government on my case because of it.
If we can jail people for being 'mean' to others, a whole lot of people are going to jail/prison.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

So you are promoting hate speech against hate speech??

Where am I promoting any hate speech?

And you are also promoting hate against all people who promote hate.

What? Why am I promoting hate against him?

The guy is a moron and mocked dead teenagers, he broke the law and he's now in jail.... where did I mention hate?

You not only offend me greatly with your harsh comments but you have hurt my feelings deeply and now I am emotionally unstable as a consequence.

Someone arrest this man!!

Read up on the law.... OUR law (UK) and you will see that free speech is protected.... but NOT when it is hate speech... and for this I'm glad.

Your comments just go to show how you have no clue what you're talking about.

Cheers.
edit on 14/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Interesting subject. Well it goes against the right to freedom of speech, so no. It's morally wrong sure, but morals have nothing to do with law.

Edit - Apparently the right to freedom of speech is limited in the UK, why am I not surprised =)

T

edit on 14-9-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

A Berkshire man has been jailed for posting abusive messages online about a schoolgirl after she committed suicide. Sean Duffy, 25, of Reading, was handed an 18-week sentence for posts on social networking sites about Worcestershire teenager Natasha MacBryde. He previously pleaded guilty at Reading Magistrates' Court to sending indecent or offensive communications. Police said Duffy also posted abuse about dead teenagers in Northumberland, Gloucestershire and Staffordshire. Duffy, of Grovelands Road, admitted two offences of "trolling" a term used to describe the trend of anonymously seeking to provoke outrage by posting insults and abuse online.

I think most everyone will agree that this guy is a scumbag and deserves an ass kicking. Trolling memorial pages and intentionally upsetting the families in their worst hour is just awful. My question to you, dear ATS reader, is should it be illegal? I'm going to go ahead and say no right now. You should never be arrested, fined or imprisoned for something you say (outside of threats etc.). I think this is a very slippery slope and that giving up those rights to free speech because someone may be offended is a very slippery slope. Where are we going to draw the line?

Also, lol @ his picture. Should I be arrested?

Link
edit on 13-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

That is insane! I have been a video gamer since pong....and I play online games often...trashtalk and trolling on gaming forums is part of the world....i mean its pretty easy to just not use social media sites or ban someone or block them....this is upsetting that we have laws for this stuff...come on....i feel like we are evolving in the wrong direction these days.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So, it seems here that you have an individual who purposely tried to hurt other people, and the accomplished hurting other people. I don't see how people can allow this guy to hide behind the shield of free speech when he's hurting people on purpose. That said, arresting him was going *way* to far unless he was already warned several times. Motivation should be the dividing line between free speech and speech you're prevented from saying. If you're purposely trying to hurt people with your speech, it shouldn't be allowed.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join