It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brighthouse Cable is a rip off! GRR!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So I just got taken advantage of by Brighthouse Networks for cable and internet service.

I wanted ATT since I have wireless thru them but they don't offer internet it in my area which is insane since my friend lives in the middle of nowhere and gets it and yet I live in a city and it's not available? They also wanted a $500 deposit for the DVR boxes (they better be golden and have free services attached for that price). I will not pay that much for a DVR and I have never had to pay a deposit for such things, insane! Oh and the kicker is they pay you back a few dollars every month. They don't hold it. So I have to pay 500 upfront yet they pay me back at their convenience and the amount they want. HECK NO! Yes I know if I want cheaper service pay the deposit but I dont have 500 extra lying around for that! If I did I'd pay it and NOT with a smile either.....

ATT wanted $65 for cable and internet and I know will be charged $140+tax thru Brighthouse.

Brighthouse is HORRIBLE! I have never liked them or their prices, they are ridiculous. They didnt even offer free movie channels for a few months like ATT, nothing! I dont have deposits which is how it should be for heavens sake. Half the time the ondemand services never work or when you order a movie it says "sorry this is not available" yet they charge you for it and its a 30min argument to get it taken off your bill. I am not looking forward to that at all.

Im so beyond annoyed! I don't like the monopoly some of these cable companies have. You have no choice most of the time to go with them and they are horrible and overpriced!

I am paying double now for the same services!! DOUBLE!

I realize some will say oh then don't have cable and I will more than likely cancel it after Dexter
but internet I have to have and I was willing to just get internet via ATT but they don't offer it in my area so I had to go with Brighthouse.....

GRRRR on you Brighthouse!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Comcast is a rip off... wanting to charge me money to watch regular tv through a tv antena, I asked dont i get that for free already they claim that they allow it... but now are wanting me to pay for it

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I would recommend avoiding Verizon too.
When I moved about 1 mile away, it took them 3 weeks to transfer my internet service and I lost $1000's in business.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
Comcast is a rip off... wanting to charge me money to watch regular tv through a tv antena, I asked dont i get that for free already they claim that they allow it... but now are wanting me to pay for it

That sucks!

I use to use an antenna all the time years ago but now you have to have those digital boxes or buy the 50 dollar antennas and pay for cable. My mom never had cable until that happened lol.

I have netflix and Ill look into HuluPlus. I want to know if they have shows like Dexter and if they show the current episodes. I llike Netflix, the online selection isn't great but they have full seasons of many shows I enjoy and never had a chance to watch fully. I will check out HuluPlus and if the two of them together are cheaper Ill get rid of Brighthouse cable and just keep internet with them since they are my only option for internet.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot
I would recommend avoiding Verizon too.
When I moved about 1 mile away, it took them 3 weeks to transfer my internet service and I lost $1000's in business.

WOW! I had Verizon for cell service. They were ok, their prices were high which is why I went back to ATT and the iPhone. Its almost half the price.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

WOW! I had Verizon for cell service. They were ok, their prices were high which is why I went back to ATT and the iPhone. Its almost half the price.

True, it's pricey, but I get a signal EVERYWHERE.... There are at least 3 locations I go to on a regular basis where Verizon is the ONLY carrier that gets a signal. (so everyone uses my phone).

I have Brighthouse too, and never had such deposits. Then again, I've had them so long, I'm probably grandfathered in. Like you though, there aren't a lot of choices for me. I'd rather go with Verizon FiOS, but isn't in my area. I will agree that Brighthouse is WAY too expensive. I'd love to get rid of it, but the wife would kill me if she couldn't have her True Blood and Dexter.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
Comcast is a rip off...

I also have Comcast ( 7 years) and have not had an issue. I complain every six months and insinuate that I am going to switch to another provider. I now have HBO, Starz and Encore for $95 a month (it was $140 five years ago). Plus they gave me free Showtime, Cinemax and internet service. Cable companies are one of the few outlets where you can complain and lower your bill. Plus, if I ever have a service issue, which I have, they give me $40 off my bill if they do not show up in the self-alloted time, which has happened.

new topics

top topics

join