It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the UFO phenomena a hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
hi,
what if UFO's where not from space but created by the government/secret services of certain countries?

-an alien threat allows to maintain world peace (people will unite if people think there are hostile aliens) (ie Reagan's speach in 1987)

-the existence of hostile aliens would lead the gov to give more money the militay for research or to send weapons to space

-a false UFO case can distract the medias from a political/military scandal

-the belief in alien visitors allows the military to coverup top secret aircraft

-it covers up the use of new weapon tech (microwave,laser...)

-it allows the military/government to test the reaction of civilians and/or radar technology faced to an unknown phenomenon

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
But there are pictures of flying saucers in the 1920's and 30's. There was one picture from the 19th century.

www.ufoartwork.com...

Edit: 20's not 10's...

[edit on 24-8-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Apart from the fake photos, videos and IFOs I think there is something to the phenomena, yet I think that the 'from outer space' theory is too simple. Rather than asking where they are from, I think the UFO mystery along with other weird experiences are clues that here may not be exactly where and what we think it is. Look at all the stuff we know about, that 200 years ago was undreamt of. What knowledge is currently undreamt of that will be common place in 100, 200, 500 years from now? IMHO I doubt UFOs (the real UFOs) are machines at all, I believe they can appear to be machines, yet they would seem to be able to be anything we want them to be. A blank canvas for our imaginations.....of course I can't provide any evidence or post any links to back these thoughts up....only time will tell...or not.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As with alot of stuff that takes on a "mythic" stance, It only had to take one incident and from there it grew to where it is today. Does that mean that one incident was THE one. No. It all could be crap. I hate that idea, but I guess I could live with it if it is. I think there is something to the ufo enigma-but only God really knows what.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
All I can say is that I know what I have seen with my own two eyes....that settles it for me.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

All I can say is that I know what I have seen with my own two eyes....that settles it for me.

So then, are we in trouble-or can I enjoy the (hopefully) upcoming meeting with aliens?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan

So then, are we in trouble-or can I enjoy the (hopefully) upcoming meeting with aliens?

If your into probing, you'll enjoy it

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't normally talk about this UFO subject alot but I do believe there has to be something to the phenomenon.
One night when I was 16 I lying in bed trying to go to sleep. With my eyes shut, suddenly a bright light filled my bedroom. You know how you can see bright light through your closed eyelids? Well I snapped my eyes open and saw through my bedroom window these lights.
There were two of them. One blue and one green. They looked round in shape. I went closer to the window to look and they zipped and I mean ZIPPED away up into the sky. My only witness is my sister who happened to come into the bedroom and see the lights the second before they flew away.
I screamed and ran to tell my Dad there was something outside. He went outside to look and saw nothing.
Now what in the heck were those lights? It's bothered me ever since. It was'nt car lights, the window didn't face the road. It was'nt a flashlight either, I know what a flashlight would look like. A flashlight would'nt light up the whole room either.
Since then I have seen a few other unexplained lights in the night sky that I can't find an explanation for.
And NO I'm not crazy nor do I think I was abducted by aliens.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan

I have NO idea! All, I know is what I stated above...I know what I have seen with my own two eyes...I know what my mother, my grandmother, 2 of my kids and my now my granddaughter, has experienced.....personally, I see them as not too friendly, but I know, from my experiences....it's not a governmental hoax, which was the just of this thread....that was the point I was making above

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Considering that this "hoax" as you call it would have to have been around for hundreds of years, I'm going to have to go with "no".

There are numerous examples of prehistoric art, even ancient texts, including the Bible, and other period art, most notably in the Renaissance, etc. that detail sightings and encounters with UFOs in the sky. Not to mention, it's more than just ONE event that started it all...and more than one government involved.

Are you suggesting that every government on earth is conspiring to perpetuate this myth to cover their own tests? I hardly give them that much credit. I didn't realize Bolivia was such a hotbed of secret testing (as that is one of the hottest current hotspots, hehe..)

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
To me it's a real science. I believe life is just as much a part of galaxies as stars and planets are. The only reason ordinary science is yet to acknowledge this is because it hasn't been observed. However, organic matter has been found in interplanetary debris that has collided with Earth. This proves that there is life out there not of Earthly origin.

There is not one bit of doubt in my mind that this planet is being visited by more advanced beings. The process has been amplified over the last 50 years as they've observed our ability to reach into space. They must know now that it's only a matter of time before we have the ability to travel interstellarly. For some reason they're chosing not to interact with us on a global level. My personal belief is that they will wait for us establish communications with them, not the other way around. This is our planet, not theirs. An intelligent race isn't going the force themselves upon a developing race. They've left the decision up to us.

It takes a certain sort of person to spot a UFO. Me and my friends were all very keen on joining the Air Force, so we used to identify planes for fun. One day we saw 3 objects that were definitely not aircraft as we know them. The speed at which they moved would have exerted crushing G forces on any human aboard, so we know it was not human driven.

-an alien threat allows to maintain world peace (people will unite if people think there are hostile aliens) (ie Reagan's speach in 1987)

I think that statement is a little overused. It's just a very good analogy of how people throw away their differences when they're facing a common threat. I think you'll find most of Reagan's ideas were shared in the forms of stories, analogies and jokes. Some people were very critical of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
hi,
what if UFO's where not from space but created by the government/secret services of certain countries?

-the existence of hostile aliens would lead the gov to give more money the militay for research or to send weapons to space

-a false UFO case can distract the medias from a political/military scandal

-the belief in alien visitors allows the military to coverup top secret aircraft

-it covers up the use of new weapon tech (microwave,laser...)

-it allows the military/government to test the reaction of civilians and/or radar technology faced to an unknown phenomenon

Have you misunderstand the word UFO?
It means Unidentified Flying Object. There are no hoax at this.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
What did Reagan say? I was 3 at that stage

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
What did Reagan say? I was 3 at that stage

Reagan before the United Nations General Assembly:

"In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien threat already among us? What could be more alien to universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

[edit on 24-8-2004 by electric]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
well,yeah not UFO,I mean flying discs/spacecraft etc...

if they are man made that doesn't rule out the existance of aliens in the universe.

but I never said I didn't believe in aliens/flying "saucers" visiting earth...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If a UFO where identified (IFO) as a home made flying saucer do you really believe the aliens helped us built it or it is extraterrestrial technology? Joust because it flies like something you never have seen before it automatically becomes extraterrestrial?
We got monkeys(0 years development) -> humans_1(100 years development) ->humans_2(1000 years development) -> humans_3(10000years development) ->humans_4(100000 years development) and so on… joust as an example the species may differ, would we give monkeys some of our technology to “play” with? No they would not under stand it maybe kill them self using it. Joust like that if we got our hands now on some technology from 1000 years of development it would lead to disaster at the present time on earth now. As you know years doesn’t count so much if there are so small amount of people/humans developing us. Many are joust to busy playing with people killing. And yet we don’t do a thing. Everything’s about money and greedy selfish mind. 75% of humans on earth.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
There are some old egyptian scrolls were people said to see the sky breaking open and there was a golden light beamed upon them. I think there are far to many reports of UFO's to ignore them. Although there are however alot, i mean about 70%, hoaxes. So dont believe every sighting you see!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hi to all of YOU.
The UFO is one side of the coins
The EBE is other side --- other coins.
Hey ,yesterday I speak on telephon
with a psycholog from Geneve .
Well ,he say to me the EBE commes from
an other continuum-spase-time here over
the TERRIENS heads.
Sorry boys/girls if you in the USA have
a nighmare cochmares , we the europiens