It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is teh John Kerry on "The Daily Show"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If Bush is such a bad public speaker then why did Kerry say he never loss a debate?

That was funny when Jon asked Kerry about the Ketchup, and Kerry told him to keep buying ketchup

that be Red gold that ketchup

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
If Bush is such a bad public speaker then why did Kerry say he never loss a debate?

That was funny when Jon asked Kerry about the Ketchup, and Kerry told him to keep buying ketchup

that be Red gold that ketchup

Some would argue that since he won the Governership from Richards and the Presidency from Gore that he won the debates leading upto them.

Also Kerry in an intiligent man, he knows that the debates are not just a free for all of questions and that Bush will be prepaired. He knows that Bush is very shrewed in the debates and he knows that stating on the open air that he plans to crush Bush at the debates is unwise. Also I agree that it is very smart that he is covering his ass incase of something unexpected, but I would like to add that at the same time he knows Bush is going to watch him on the show. The compliments also work to lule Bush into a false sence of security, while touching on those who are hardcore followers of Bush to think.. ohh hey.. he ackoladged that Bush is a good debater.. I still dont like him but he is right aobut bush beign a good debater... what else is he right about?

Granted it is far more subtle than that example but I guess that subtilty is what makes a good politition.

Wraith

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't remember word for word, but Kerry said something like, Bush can turn an opinion into a position or something like that. It had to do with the fact that Bush has a way of making something that's a question to both debaters seem like an attack on the other debater and a demonstration of his beliefs.

Something like that...I was drifting off at the time.

<< 1   >>

join