It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No New YouTube Uploads in Past 18 Hours.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
HEY! Something weird's going on with YouTube's site.

I was just doing my daily search on youtube for new crazy-people- comet Elenin video's and after hitting the upload date in the search engine to find the newest video, I noticed that NO NEW Elenin video's have been uploaded to YouTube for the past 18 hours.

this is the most recent video on the topic.
www.youtube.com...

Naturally I assumed that the Elenin believers (which used to include myself) were hiding in their underground bunkers. Or had just given up on their video's due to lack of catastrophe.

So, then I thought maybe I'd check out some new UFO video's. I like to thrill myself with sensationalism...it's exciting to me. Here's the newest video that came up when I searched for recent UFO video's.

www.youtube.com...

That video is 19 hours old. I found that very strange considering that there are new video's about Elenin and UFO's put up on youtube constantly.

I panicked and typed the word, "the" into the search box. I clicked on the upload date option to show me the newest video with the word,"the" in the title. This is what I found:

www.youtube.com...

this a good song BUT the video is from 19 hours ago as well....

Why aren't any new video's being uploaded onto YouTube? Why has it been 18 hours since the last upload? What the F is going on with YouTube?

I'm not claiming anything crazy or controversial.... legitimately, as far as I can see, there's no new uploads to youtube. Has anyone else noticed this?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Skip past the comet stuff, skeptics, because it's not about that, and she appears to be correct -- I just ran a bunch of searches for common words like "this" and "me" and when you sort by upload time, every one of them stops at 19 hours ago. Either there's a glitch in the time-since-upload code -- which I suspect -- or there's nothing new on youtube in the last 19 hours. Will someone with an account try to upload something and see what happens, please?
edit on 13-9-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button makes me happy

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This was uploaded three hours ago:

In fact I found dozens of videos uploaded in the past hour or so, hundreds uploaded in the past 18 hours.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

NosRed: How did you find those video's? Is it something wrong with my laptop?

I tried to search for the key word "Republican Rebel" but nothing came up that wasn't months old. Did you search the date or something?
edit on 13-9-2011 by chanel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Here's what we're talking about -- like I said, I think it's a bug in the time-since-upload code.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db50f24c8911.jpg[/atsimg]

It goes on like that down the whole page, for any term you search and sort by time uploaded.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
Skip past the comet stuff, skeptics, because it's not about that, and he appears to be correct -- I just ran a bunch of searches for common words like "this" and "me" and when you sort by upload time, every one of them stops at 19 hours ago. Either there's a glitch in the time-since-upload code -- which I suspect -- or there's nothing new on youtube in the last 19 hours. Will someone with an account try to upload something and see what happens, please?

I did the same thing that you did...and am still doing it. There must be some kind of weird glitch...I don't know. I do know that I've been using Youtube for a long time and this has never happened. another user said that they found some video's but I don't know how they were able to find them.

Also, I'm a woman.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
www.youtube.com.../13/2011&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&suggested_categories=22%2C20%2C24%2C10

Even when you search for the date today....everythings from 19 hours ago.

Must be a weird bug in the upload date function?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Oh, pardon me, your name should have been a hint, shouldn't it. I've edited my post to the proper pronoun. Interesting find, btw -- I'm glad you were curious enough to keep looking, because whatever's gone wrong, I've never seen before either.

I assume the video posted above which was uploaded within the last few hours was found via related search, rather than manual search, which of course strongly supports the idea that it's not uploads which have stopped, but time itself.

Or it's a bug or part of some new feature they're about to inflict upon us all...as if there's a difference these days...either way, interesting find.

edit on 13-9-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my new religion

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Getting the same thing. If you click browse, it will take you to the latest videos and it says 'updated every 2 hours' but they're all from yesterday. Maybe just a date glitch.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I feel like this is in the wrong forum -- chanel, I think you're allowed to start threads on multiple topics if they are in different forums, so you might consider starting this again, with the screenshot and new links in the OP, somewhere less "subjective" than The Gray Area. Anyone who runs a manual search and sorts by time can see it's true, so we know it's not just your connection or something, and there really is at least an odd time bug going on with Youtube.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Thank you! I agree that it is interesting in deed. And I think that you're right. It's got to be the newest upload feature that's messed up. A bug or something...

Luckily I'm not crazy enough (yet) to make a thread saying that crazy mecha solar flares caused youtube to crash. Or Reptiloids trying to prevent us from learning the truth about Elenin.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
I feel like this is in the wrong forum -- chanel, I think you're allowed to start threads on multiple topics if they are in different forums, so you might consider starting this again, with the screenshot and new links in the OP, somewhere less "subjective" than The Gray Area. Anyone who runs a manual search and sorts by time can see it's true, so we know it's not just your connection or something, and there really is at least an odd time bug going on with Youtube.

Yes. I wasn't quite sure which forum to place it in...wait, maybe Technology. It's ok to create the same thread if you put it in different forums? Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me and backing me up on this weird bug.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I went 15 pages into a search on the word "my" it didn't matter how far I went in page count through the videos they all, every single one said 19 hours. very weird.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think its a glitch going on over there today. I noiticed it myself when searching for non conspiracy searches

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
maybe its a secret code?

1-9 kinds of short for eleven - nine??

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have found the exact same problem.

I always like to check the latest news on 'ELENIN' after I have donned my tin foil hat.

No new uploads for at least 19 hours, this seems to be the case for anything that I search.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

And just because I know some posters are allergic to the comet stuff, I want to emphasize that it is literally every search term possible this is happening with, including, as shown above, the word "this". I might note that apparently no one has uploaded anything using the word "this" in the title or description in the time since I posted that screenshot, because the results are still the same.

I suppose it's possible the word "this" has somehow been avoided by all youtube uploaders in the last 45 minutes or so, but it seems highly unlikely to me.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

was uploaded 8 hrs ago but i do get the same "error" when i search, it only shows vids uploaded 19+ hrs ago

edit:that vid was in my all activity list on the main page
edit on 9/13/2011 by ashtonkusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ashtonkusher

We know new videos are uploaded and accessible -- the problem is with manual search. Did you find that by searching for a term manually and sorting by time? If not, you're not triggering the bug.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
I have found the exact same problem.

I always like to check the latest news on 'ELENIN' after I have donned my tin foil hat.

No new uploads for at least 19 hours, this seems to be the case for anything that I search.

I know, right! I absolutely love the crazy Elenin claims. They get weirder and scarier as time goes by. I'm kinda sad...I was really hoping to find a new Elenin video to "relax" to.

Youtube still hasn't fixed the problem. I want my new sensationalized Elenin video's! Poop.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join