It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Many ATHEISTS Offended By Receiving May GOD BLESS You's When They Sneeze?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This actually reminds me of a comic I made a few years ago. XD

In all seriousness though, I am a Gnostic Luciferian and having a stranger say "Bless you!" in my direction does not offend me at all. In fact, it gives me a little bit of hope that someone would go out of their way to say something positive to a complete stranger --- which is very uncommon these days.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I like to say gesundheit. It's quicker to say and usually gets a good response.
If you see that lady sneeze again you should just say "you". She'll get it.
Luckily she didn't sneeze directly on you. I've been sneezed on before by a stranger and it was not pleasant. At all.

For some useless knowledge click here:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I like to use Gesundheit ( pronounced gazoontight ).

I think it means "to your health" or something similar.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

So which Aeon do you worship?
Had to go there couldn't resist.
edit: I won't think any less of you no matter the response

edit on 9/13/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I love your Einstein quote!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

I do not necessarily 'worship' any of them. I believe that there is something to learn from everything and everyone. ~_^

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaehne

Word. You get a star from me!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

I love your Einstein quote!

Thanx

"~Science without spirituality is lame spirituality without science is blind~ Albert Einstein"

It's supposed to say religion instead of spirituality, but I like to take the religion out of as much as possible - I don't like labels.

That's why gesundheit makes so much sense - it can apply to everyone.......

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx

To paraphrase you, you said no need to be respectful around 'them' and followed up by applying a derogatory term to 'them'. It's not that I need thicker skin, it's that you were indeed being uncivil.

No, this is what I said, word for word:

Not at all.
I understand the ultimate message, so I take it for what it is worth and move on.
BTW: In my experience, you do not need to be PC around atheists. Go ahead, call a spade a spade.

It is you that is placing interpretations on to things that do not need interpreting. I said exactly what I meant to say, I did not leave room for interpretation. No where did I even mention respect or even 'them', as you say. I said what I said, I cannot help how you interpret something when there is nothing to interpret and I was not intending to be uncivil.

Peace out.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I am. It's the most stupid thing to say to someone who sneezed. Christians who know that I am an atheist persist with it though. They do it to provoke a negative reaction which I'm more than willing to give them. Ask and ye shall receive, to quote a famous fantasy character.You trawl for such reactions because it's what christians thrive on.......... blood, pain, torment, suffering and obsequity. In short christianity is about human misery.You drink blood and eat flesh at your crazed rituals as part of your worship.(For me such delicacies are merely part of dinner, nothing more).Sickos!

When someone sneezes the best thing to do is offer a handkerchief, or mind your own business and f#*@ off .
edit on 13-9-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by ignant

Dane Cook is a pathetic knobjockey who probably talks to G-Sus. Hes not funny. He's as funny as Carlos Mencia. Hopefully someday Joe Rogan will rip his comedic spleen out, like he did to Mencia, in the middle of a gig.

Please Greg Giraldo, come back from the dead and haunt that talentless duishbag.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

It just seemed on topic, that's the only reason I posted it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Sorry, got out of wrong side of bed.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Are Many ATHEISTS Offended By Receiving May GOD BLESS You's When They Sneeze?

Nope - it goes under the same socially polite chit chat as good morning, how are you etc.

I do however find the constant praying over food when we have meals with the in-laws annoying. We hang around and wait for everyone to gather - food gets cold - then we have to listen to looong prayer. The first few years I could ignore it, but after 6 years it makes me want to start praying to Thor or somone just to be annoying and stir a bit. As soon as I find a chocolate god/ goddess whose name I can pronounce I'm going to insist we pray to him/her every time we are at their place and have chocolate anything!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join