It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween Movie Monster Tournament

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hello all,I did his a few years ago,I enjoyed looking forward to who won each round.
In honor of my second favorite holiday,im doing my 2nd Halloween Horror movie tournament.

This will begin with a battle of 32 movie monsters.
The votes cast by you guys will determine the winner of each match-up.
And the winner moves on to the next round.
Please comment to vote,and hope you guys enjoy~!~

The Tournament will end on Halloween.
Thanks ahead of time to all those who participate

ROUND 1
----------------
CANDYMAN(1)

VS

WISHMASTER(2)

~@~

LEATHERFACE(3)

VS

PENNYWISE(4)

~@~

CHUCKY(5)

VS

LEPRECHAUN(6)

~@~

CRITTERS(7)

VS

GREMLINS(8)

~@~

WEREWOLVES(9)

VS

ZOMBIES(10)

~@~

JASON(11)

VS

FRANKENSTEIN(12)

~@~

ALIENS(13)

VS

PINHEAD(14)

~@~

PREDATOR(15)

VS

THE MUMMY(16)

~@~

MICHAEL MYERS(17)

VS

PUMPKINHEAD(18)

~@~

VAMPIRES(19)

VS

FREDDY(20)

~@~

JEEPERS CREEPERS(21)

VS

THE TOOTH FAIRY(22)

~@~

CUJO(23)

VS

TROLL(24)

~@~

CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON(25)

VS

THE THING(26)

~@~

THE TALL MAN Phantasm(27)

VS

THE DEMON The Exorcist(28)

~@~

GHOST FACE Scream(29)

VS

JACK The Shinning(30)

~@~

CHRISTINE(31)

VS

GOBLIN TRUCK Maximum Overdrive(32)

edit on 13-9-2011 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Not sure how you want the votes but here goes!

My votes for winners:

Candyman
Pennywise
Chucky
Gremlins
Zombies
Jason
Aliens
Predator
Michael Myers
Freddy
Toothfairy
Troll
The Thing
The Tallman
Ghost Face
Christine
edit on 13/9/2011 by Tachalka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Candyman
Pennywise
Chucky
Critters
Werewolves
Jason Voorhees
Aliens
Predator
Pumpkinhead
Freddy Krueger
The Tooth Fairy
Troll
The Thing
The Demon (The Exorcist)
Jack Torrence (The Shining)
Christine

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
1. Candman Vs. Wishmaster - Candyman would probably win the fight. The Djinn from Wishmaster has the disadvantage of needing somebody to make a wish in order to cause chaos. Candyman only needs somebody to say his name three times. Then out comes the hook and the bees.

2. Leatherface Vs. Pennywise - This one is most likely going to Pennywise. It's a demented clown with supernatural powers fighting against a retard with a chainsaw and a skin suit. Come on.

3. Chucky Vs. Leprechaun - I'm voting Chucky on this one. While the Leprechaun has the supernatural advantage, he also has some significant weaknesses. Like being unable to hurt you if you have a piece of his gold or being easily distracted by a pile of dirty shoes. Chucky would just need to get his hands on a 4-leaf clover and bring the beat down.

4. Critters Vs. Gremlins - This fight goes to the Critters, hands down. They are vicious little beasts with insatiable appetites and the ability to shoot spikes out of their backs or turn themselves into a giant ball of death. The mischevious gremlins would not survive.

5. Werewolves Vs. Zombies - Depending on the type of werewolf, I'd say they would probably lose. If they are classic werewolves that only turn under the full moon, they will be pretty much powerless most of the time. It's still a toss up but I'm going with Zombies.

6. Jason Voorhies Vs. Frankenstein - Jason, hands down. He is smart, just as strong, and quite a bit faster than Frankenstein.

7. Aliens Vs. Pinhead - I think the match would go to Pinhead. He is a demon from hell with the ability to call forth a seemingly unlimited number of hooks and chains to tear you limb from limb. He can open a portal to hell and use a variety of supernatural abilities. The Aliens are limited by animal instinct with only the advantage of speed and acidic blood.

8. Predator Vs. The Mummy - I'm going with the Mummy. While the Predator is tough and utilizes some awesome claw blades, a shoulder cannon and thermal vision, the mummy can turn himself into sand. He can call forth an army of undead warriors and suck out your life force. I'm willing to bet that the Predators are a bit rusty on reading Egyptian heiroglypics and won't know how to stop him.

9. Michael Myers Vs. Pumpkinhead - Probably Michael Myers. While Pumpkinhead is a resurrected demon with super strength, Michael is faster, sneakier and able to take a beating. It seems that no matter how many times he SHOULD have died, he didn't. It's like he has some regenerative ability like Jason Voorhies or Wolverine.

10. Vampires vs. Freddy - Freddy wins. While Vampires are all powerful at night, they sleep during the day. And in dream land they aren't invincible. I'm willing to bet Freddy could take out quite a few of them before they find some way to stop him.

11. Jeepers Creepers VS. The Tooth Fairy - Jeepers Creepers. They can both fly. They are both supernaturally fast and strong. But Jeepers Creepers can take a beating. He can eat someone and regenerate any body part, including his head. His only weakness is the time limit he has before going back into hibernation. The tooth fairy on the other hand has a weakness to light. Jeepers Creepers can walk around during the day. Tooth Fairy can't. All he would need to do is keep her out when the sun came up.

12. Cujo Vs. Troll - Troll wins. It's a dog with rabies against a supernatural creature that can do magic.

13. Creature from the Black Lagoon Vs. The Thing - I'd say the Thing would win. In fact, It would probably eat the creature.

14. The Tall Man Vs. The Demon from the Exorcist - I vote for the Tall Man. Unlike the exorcist, he would not be worried about whether or not the possessed girl survives. He harvests corpses anyway. I'm guessing he would have those floating balls pummel the crap out of her, cut out her brain and make another flying sphere.

15. Ghost Face Vs. Jack - I'm going with Ghost Face, considering it was 2 relatively intelligent people in the first Scream film. I think they can handle one crazy dude with an axe.

16. Christine Vs. The Goblin Truck - Hands down, this would go to Christine. The Goblin truck needs to be refueled. Christine is able to repair damage to itself. I'm sure that means it's also got the power to keep moving without fuel. Plus, Christine is much more maneuverable than the semi.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
1. Candman Vs. Wishmaster - Candyman (reasons given above)

2. Leatherface Vs. Pennywise - Pennywise (reasons given above)

3. Chucky Vs. Leprechaun - Leprechaun (unless Chucky has one of the weaknesses for him)

4. Critters Vs. Gremlins - Critters (reasons given above)

5. Werewolves Vs. Zombies - Werewolves (they'd easily outrun and outfight zombies, assuming they are immune to whatever turns the zombies).

6. Jason Voorhies Vs. Frankenstein - Jason (reasons stated above)

7. Aliens Vs. Pinhead - Pinhead (reasons given above)

8. Predator Vs. The Mummy - Predator (they do know Egyptian, remember all the similar pyramids, etc.?, and even if the Mummy turns to sand, the Predator's weapons will turn it into glass).

9. Michael Myers Vs. Pumpkinhead - Michael Myers (reasons given above)

10. Vampires vs. Freddy - Depends on when they fight. At night, goes to the Vamps. In the day, goes to Freddy (reasons given above)

11. Jeepers Creepers VS. The Tooth Fairy - Jeepers Creepers (reasons given above).

12. Cujo Vs. Troll - Troll (reasons given above)

13. Creature from the Black Lagoon Vs. The Thing - The Thing (it'd eat the creature)

14. The Tall Man Vs. The Demon from the Exorcist - The Tall Man (reasons given above).

15. Ghost Face Vs. Jack - Ghost Face (reasons given above)

16. Christine Vs. The Goblin Truck - Initially, the truck will pummel Christine, but since it can self-repair, the Goblin Truck is eventually doomed.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Candyman

Leatherface

Chucky

Gremlins

Zombies

Frankenstein

Aliens

Predator

Michael Myers

Vampires

Jeepers Creepers

Troll

The Thing

The Tall Man

Jack (The Shining)

Christine

*Some of those were very random and some really good "monsters" were left out

Also is this based on our favourite or who would win a fight'? No mention was made about this.

edit on 14/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

There were a few I left out,maybe I will add them next time

As far as to how the voting goes,its pretty much up to the voter,I set it up as a tournament,in the fighting aspect.
But I know movie fans have their favorites,so,to each their own.

I also wanted to add that the first round of voting will end on Sept 21st.

Thank you all again for participating

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
5 days left till the end of round 1.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Candyman
Pennywise
Chucky
Gremlins
Zombies
Jason
Aliens
Predator
Michael Myers
Freddy
Toothfairy
Troll
The Thing
The Tallman
Ghost Face
Christine

Even though Godzilla would kick all their asses LOL

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Final day for first round voting.
Round 2 begins tommorow.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'd go out on a limb and say Pinhead probably wins overall....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
ROUND 1 RESULTS ~!~
----------------------------------------
CANDYMAN
~VS~
WISHMASTER

WINNER:CANDYMAN 6-0

~@~

LEATHERFACE
~VS~
PENNYWISE

WINNER-PENNYWISE 5-1

~@~

CHUCKY
~VS~
LEPRECHAUN

WINNER:CHUCKY 5-1

~@~

CRITTERS
~VS~
GREMLINS

WINNER:CRITTERS(Was actually a tie at 3-3,so I cast a deciding vote.)

~@~

WEREWOLVES
~VS~
ZOMBIES

WINNER:ZOMBIES 4-2

~@~

JASON
~VS~
FRANKENSTEIN

WINNER:JASON 5-1

~@~

ALIENS
~VS~
PINHEAD

WINNER:ALIENS 4-2

~@~

PREDATOR
~VS~
MUMMY

WINNER-PREDATOR 5-1

~@~

MICHAEL MYERS
~VS~
PUMPKINHEAD

WINNER:MICHAEL MYERS 5-1

~@~

VAMPIRES
~VS~
FREDDY

WINNER:FREDDY 5-1

~@~

JEEPER CREEPERS
~VS~
THE TOOTH FAIRY

WINNER:JEEPER CREEPERS(Was actually a tie at 3-3,so I cast a deciding vote.)

~@~

CUJO
~VS~
TROLL

WINNER:TROLL 6-0

~@~

CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON
~VS~
THE THING

WINNER:THE THING 6-0

~@~

THE TALLMAN
~VS~
EXORCIST

WINNER:THE TALLMAN 5-1

~@~

GHOSTFACE(SCREAM)
~VS~
JACK(THE SHINNING)

WINNER:GHOSTFACE(SCREAM) 4-2

~@~

CHRISTINE
~VS~
GOBLIN TRUCK(MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE)

WINNER:CHRISTINE 6-0

edit on 22-9-2011 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thank you all for continuing participation

New Vids for a new round,hope yall enjoy.

ROUND ~2~
------------------------

CANDYMAN

~VS~

PENNYWISE

~@~

CHUCKY

~VS~

CRITTERS

~@~

ZOMBIES

~VS~

JASON

~@~

ALIENS ~VS~ PREDATOR

~@~

MICHAEL MYERS

~VS~

FREDDY

~@~

JEEPER CREEPERS

~VS~

TROLL

~@~

THE THING

~VS~

THE TALLMAN

~@~

GHOSTFACE

~VS~

CHRISTINE

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Candyman VS. Pennywise - It's a tough call, but I'd give the advantage to Pennywise. Both are extremely difficult to kill but Pennywise is a creature from another universe which has the ability to use your fears against you. Candyman was brutally murdered by having his hand cut off and being stung to death by bees. He's got plenty of fears to manipulate.

Chucky VS. Critters - Critters all the way. They are faster, smaller and hungrier. A plastic doll with a bad attitude isn't going to stand a chance.

Zombies VS. Jason Voorhies - Jason Voorhies. Granted, he is almost a zombie himself. He is stronger, faster, able to regenerate injuries and never sleeps. He is an unstoppable killing machine who could literally tear these zombies apart with his bare hands.

Aliens VS. Predator - Predator all the way. They have superior strength, firepower and the ability to go invisible. They can move nimbly from tree to tree unnoticed. The aliens wouldn't stand much of a chance. Besides, even if the Predator loses, he's still packing a thermonuclear device on his wrist. Even in death, he still wins.

Michael Myers VS. Freddy Krueger - Freddy. While Michael is strong and seemingly capable of regerating injury like Jason Voorhies, Freddy only exists in dreams. He would have a field day in Michael's fractured mind.

Jeepers Creepers VS. Troll - Jeepers Creepers. This is a tough call. But the Creeper is fast and strong. Capable of flight and able to replace any missing body part. The Troll is small and slow. While capable of magic, he probably wouldn't be fast enough to survive an assault by this creature.

The Thing VS. The Tall Man - The Tall Man all the way. The thing is just an animal. It can change shape, but is still alive. The Tall Man has an army of killer dwarves and flying spheres at his disposal. Plus, even if he dies, a golden orb just comes out of his head and he shows up a few minutes later in a new body.

Ghostface VS. Christine - Advantage Ghostface. WIth one or more intelligent killers like these, all they would need to do is stay indoors, plan their assault and find a way to eliminate the car. While christine can regenerate damage, it can at least be placed out of commission for a while by crushing or melting her.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Voting for round 2 ends OCT 6th.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Candyman VS. Pennywise - Pennywise..more supernatural oomph....

Chucky VS. Critters - Critters (reason given above).

Zombies VS. Jason Voorhies - Jason Voorhies. The biggest threat of zombies is infection, but I'm sure Jason isn't susceptible, so he'd simply hack all their heads off.

Aliens VS. Predator - Predator, as he can kill from a distance. If the alien gets in close though, the alien has it.

Michael Myers VS. Freddy Krueger - Freddy would be like a kid in a candy store inside Michael's head.

Jeepers Creepers VS. Troll - Troll, as I'm thinking he'd simply summon up one of his big nasties to fight for him.

The Thing VS. The Tall Man - The Tall Man's abilities would trump the Thing's.

Ghostface VS. Christine - As mentioned, Ghostface can simply stay indoors (or get in a big bad monster truck and park it on top of Christine). If they were in a closed arena though, with no other vehicles or escape points, Christine would take it, as Ghostface is simply a mortal human vs. a car.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
5 days lef tin round 2~!~

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My Votes :

Round 1 - Candyman
Round 2- Pennywise
Round 3- Chucky
Round 4- Gremlins
Round 5- Werewolves
Round 6- Jason
Round 7- Aliens
Round 8- Predator
Round 9- Michael Myers
Round 10-Vampires
Round 11-Jeepers Creepers
Round 12-Cujo
Round 13-The Thing
Round 14-The Demon
Round 15-Jack
Round 16-Christine

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Horselover Fat

Thanks for voting,but that was round one,lol.

Round two is listed above.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Candyman VS. Pennywise - Pennywise

Chucky VS. Critters - Critters

Zombies VS. Jason Voorhies - Jason Voorhies.

Aliens VS. Predator - Predator,

Michael Myers VS. Freddy Krueger -Michael Myers

Jeepers Creepers VS. Troll - Troll,

The Thing VS. The Tall Man - The Thing

Ghostface VS. Christine -Christine

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join