It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-abortion Protesters Target Clinic’s Landlord Outside Child’s School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

A small group of protesters stood outside Robert Frost Middle School in Rockville on Thursday, holding signs and a banner, during back-to-school night, officials said.

The student’s father, who did not want to be named to protect the safety of his daughter, a sixth-grader at the school, said he saw the five protesters when he went to the school event. Some held a large banner that showed his photo, his full name, his phone number and the words “Please STOP the Child Killing.” Others held posters showing aborted fetuses.

Regardless what your views on abortion are, I hope that you find this horribly wrong. Yes, yes people have a right to free speech. I get that. I'm not suggesting laws are being broken. I just have trouble believing anyone in their right mind would choose to picket a child's school because they had a beef with her father. How low can you go? And holding signs with his name and phone number? Scumbags.

I will always have mixed feelings about abortion, especially later term abortion. I understand some people's anger and can empathize. What I really don't get is purporting to support children and terrifying a little girl.

Link

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There is a right to free speech. I'm all for it, but what about their right to force me to listen? Protesting at the LL's kid's school, and forcing children and their parents and teachers to listen to their rhetoric, look at pictures of aborted fetus', and read their "God Hates you" signs, is over the top and violating the rights of others.

They should be charged with inciting a riot, or disorderly conduct. Its not wanted a puplic school. If this LL or his family is physically attacked, they should be held responsible.

edit on 13-9-2011 by windword because: change from Dr to Landlord, LL oooops

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This really upsets me. I assume these people are thinking "Yeah we are going to get him GOOD!!" but what about his daughter? They are throwing her under the bus. Now some of her classmates, and their parents will think her dad is a baby killer (depending on your view, he may or may not be) and she might lose friends, or get teased.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Your rights begin where mine end.

I would argue that while the protesters are in their right to protest.
They do not have the right to stalk and harass the landlord.
Also they do not have the right to terrorize elementary school children or the children's parents or teachers.

An elementary school is not the correct venue to protest abortion.

What this tells me is that they have no intention of protecting children whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I would argue that while the protesters are in their right to protest. They do not have the right to stalk and harass the landlord. Also they do not have the right to terrorize elementary school children or the children's parents or teachers.

Yeah I agree with that. Would the owner have any legal recourse for defamation of character or them giving out his personal information?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
These people are insane. I'm not surprised in the least that they went as far as stalking him at his childs school.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

I suppose you're right and it shouldn't be all that surprising. I just hope the little girls classmates don't start teasing her and that the school deals with it appropriately.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

this isn't free speech
it's harrasment and stalking also child endangerment.

as a practicing anarchist you can be sure if this happened to me or someone close these criminals would be punished.

i've known these anti-abortionists are scum since 4th grade, when they came to our school to give a presentation that included bottled fetuses when i questioned why those poor fetuses didn't rate a christian burial, i was removed from class and kept after school which would have guaranted a beating once i was home but lucky for me my stepmom came to pick me up and when she found out why she told me to we weren't gonna mention it to dad.

lol if it had been an internet forum i would probably have been accused of trolling.

they don't care about the babies, except as fodder, just degrading women to the status of a kept animal or a baby making machine.

abortion is only murder when the soul enters the fetus , and the neo-cortex starts functioning at around 7 months.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

i've known these anti-abortionists are scum since 4th grade, when they came to our school to give a presentation that included bottled fetuses when i questioned why those poor fetuses didn't rate a christian burial, i was removed from class and kept after school which would have guaranted a beating once i was home but lucky for me my stepmom came to pick me up and when she found out why she told me to we weren't gonna mention it to dad.

I went to a Catholic school for a few years and there is NO WAY they would have allowed this type of behavior on school grounds. The real hot button issues were never brought up, though we had Bible study 1 hour every other day from a wonderful nun. I remember the librarian going into graphic detail about how Jesus would have died on the cross, and that wonderful woman whisking us out and back to our classrooms. You could hear her scolding the librarian down the hall. The same thing happened when he brought up abortion.

'These are CHILDREN and you will NOT use them for your own gain!'

I was not brought up Catholic but my parents thought that it was a good school for me considering the state of the public school system. I must have questioned that Sister a million times. She never told me I was wrong, she started her responses with 'I believe' and never failed to answer my questions.

I'm glad you stood up the that BS, and pardon my huge reply.

It's funny to think that some of the most fundamental are the most understanding, at that some that profess to be so open and caring are so closed off.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

i'm descended from spanish sephardim [among other things: the blood of 3 continents runs through my veins] who were given a choice between converting

or to get back on the boat. so i was raised RC

heretic at 8
atheist and CT at 12
nowadays i'm a gnostic-pantheist with shamanic-cabalistic leanings,
or whatever i'm calling myself at the mo'

a rare nun [and a true imitator of christ IMO]

in my case it was the priest at the church i went to St Pauls Church, father McCherry, he was a patient and kind man [ and no kiddie humper] even when i failed at the necessary preparations for 1st communion [not taught by him btw] 11 times in a row,. i kept being sent back to the beginning, it was all those darn questions i kept asking, LOL

it was a hell of a funeral, even non catholics were there.

new topics

top topics

join