It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who only eat animals that 'arn't cute'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I agree I am a carnivore and eat meat loads, but I would never buy meat without being as sure as I can that its been given freedom to not be cooped up in bad conditions etc. This is why I only drink organic milk, many dairies put chemicals into cows that makes their udders swell with more milk than is natural and they end up oozing with puss which goes into the milk sometimes as well. Many vegans I know actually say the dairy trade is more cruel which is why I always tell vegies this as if they are really that moral then they should be vegans. They never do, its like they have these morals but when their moral choices inconvenience them too much they soon compromise them and forget about it like before.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I would if I have to but it isnt legal here in the UK to. I wouldnt eat dog before I have a strong connection with all dogs, not just my pets and for me it would me similar to eating another human before even dogs of my friends or I havent met before I always have a bond with them right away like we get with other humans.

I mainly wouldnt eat those animals because of legality and taste. If I had only vegetables to eat tho I would cook if up, cat horse even dog although dog would definately be the hardest for me to eat, if it tasted good tho I'm sure the next fido wouldn't last long

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by clintdelicious

I'll counter that with some questions.

Do you eat dog?
I have had dog once in the Philippines. It was not what I expected it to be. IMO, it was a little to sweet for me.

Cat?
No, but in a SHTF situation, I would not hesitate.

Horse?
AFAIK, no. See Cat above.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Thats like my old best mate. He was so shallow he would treat any girl he found unattractive badly, he wouldn't even just be friends with them. This rudeness used to really P me off because some girls who are considered not to be attractive are often really fun, decent girls. They often are better to talk to than a gorgeous girl even if you might get some action with them who wants to waste hours chatting up a girl just for that if they are dumb as rocks to talk to.

Needless to say someone so up himself and pathetic aint my friend anymore. He still wonders why so many people hate him as well

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Increasingly I've began to not feel right eating animals, I understand the circle of life and all but we as humans are intelligent enough to know that you don't have to kill something to survive. People think animals are here just for us to eat, and like you said people think it's okay to eat the ugly/stupid animals. I used to not even think twice after killing a bug like their life somehow didn't matter, now I will not go out of my way to kill anything. Human have lost all respect for life even to each other, and I don't want to be apart of it anymore.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

Blackstar I must say I have a huge amount of respect for you for saying that, I often feel bad that I know that I don't need to eat meat, but enjoy it too much to stop. I guess I take solace in knowing and making sure that the animals I eat are from sources that give them a good life and a clean death.

Think about this though, if we didn't eat these animals would they exist? Without a need for them we probably wouldn't keep them around. Everything dies and I guess I feel that as long as they don't suffer its ok. I must admit that I'm being a hypocrite though as If I were killed without suffering and cleanly by someone else for food I wouldn't at all be happy. Just have to be honest here, I guess we have a feeling of entitlement that we perhaps don't totally deserve.

I like meat and I can't help eating it. Some people will think that this makes me a real bad person, but sorry I just can't! I had a vegetarian x for 3 years who wanted to go vegan even and I tried to eat veggie meals to just try it. The quorn stuff is actually not too bad at all, but I am a guy who loves his steak and out of all the veggie meals I only enjoyed the ones with quorn or 'fake meat' even then it wasn't tasty enough for me and I ended up eating meat shortly after. I think if someone told me I had to stop eating meat or I would die it wouldtake me a long time to wean myself of even in that extreme situation.
edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Dogs, Cats, Horse, Cockroaches, Snakes, certain fish....yep. Ate 'em all, and in some cases raw.

Once had a porcupine with a group and we ate the thing totally raw and none of us got sick. (Supposedly, this is the only animal you can do this with)

A little sauce, maybe some spices...and you will be suprised as to what you eat.

By the way, I have had rat as well....tastes like squirrel...but a bit greasy.

When you explore, you had best eat whats served so you don't offend the host.

edit on 13-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ha you remind me of my uncle who literally all over the world has tried everything unusual on offer. Scorpion was one of his recommendations (although I don't trust his pallet at all!) You are a real trooper mate though ,cockroaches I think is where I'd draw the line, the crunch would make me gag I think. What is snake like? I've been told it is actually really good. I know alligator is delicious, is snake at all similar?

You can eat quite a lot of meat raw that everyone thinks would make you real ill. I watched a program with a guy who deliberately ate not just raw meats, but out of date raw meats. He was then tested in a lab that analyzed him for a few days after each one of these meals. He ate raw chicken that had started to smell even and was fine. Definitely not recommended, but hey in a life or death situation certain foods are less of a risk raw than you would think (depending on how long its been around for)

Also you can eat beef raw fairly safely I believe.

Much respect for your impressive list!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

No matter were you travel in the world, they have different cuisine.

The Cockroach was to be truthful, nasty... but I couldn't let the host nation know that, now could I?
And now I know I can eat the beasty if need be.

When it comes to miltaries and their joint training exercises, I think it comes to who can out gross the other when it comes to food.

I'm apparently, am up to the task.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ha ha are you British by any chance good Sir? Not wanting to offend the host nation and just eating down even the most vile cuisine is such a British way of thinking and I think that's a fantastic attitude to have where most people would just complain and not even try it.

Ha I bet you have quite the reputation in the kitchen/dining room my friend

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Fair enough.

I just wanted to point out the silliness of some people having certain reservations of 'pethood' and 'friendship' when comes to eating animals - doesn't seem all that different to me than not wanting to eat "cute" animals.

Thanks clint

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Good answer - I think when true hunger comes to bear, there's not really much most people won't stick in their mouth.

Along those same lines, I bet these chicks would also be willing to eat the cute ones when we get to TEOTWAWKI.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I like going to theme parks and getting those little packs of flavored crickets...

They taste just like sunflower seeds, but for some reason, really weird people out. I'll admit sometimes the legs get stuck between the teeth though....and that's kind of a pain...but worth the shock value.

People will eat anything. I think that's probably one of the biggest reasons for our success as a species.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join