It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God or G_D... click here to learn the difference

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
Care to delete?

There is nothing to debate.

A tradition for a people is their tradition, those that follow it have every right....I may not follow it but I respect it. If I were in a debate with someone who held true to that tradition I would have no problem spelling God as they wish during the debate out of respect and love for others.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I didnt say debate...

I said delete

don't matter I edited the OP to rectify anyways

edit on 9/13/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Oh you said delete....I read it as debate. My people translate delete as debate. lol

I won't delete this thread as the conversation now belongs to the membership.....it would be rude and unfair to remove it because people have invested in it.. Hope you understand.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

no harm at all

its fine

i understand

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Jews aren't the only ones with this practice

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Actually, according to tradition, the true name of God has been forgotten. It had ump-teen letters in it's spelling. The last time it was spoken was in the temple in Jerusalem before it was destroyed by the Romans in 70 A.D. The true name of God could only be spoken once each year by the High Priest when he entered the Holy of Holies. The name or names used in the Bible are not the real name other than what God called Himself in Genesis .ie "I Am."

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That's interesting Z.

I actually don't agree with these practices. It's just another way to keep to power from the people. Similar to the roman Catholics using a dead language (Latin) to preach to the people. They kept the power to themselves by limiting what we know/knew about God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join