It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey says it is prepared for possibility of war with Israel

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Not to get off topic, but just to add to the breadth and scope...why is Fox News all of a sudden saber-rattling about Iran with this special of theirs?

Is it to get the whole "shield" BS installed or provoke a war? Is it because of the hikers? I really don't get it. I go about my business all day long, cannot the collective "I", that is the people linked to me through this so-called experiment in democracy not also just go about their business with me? Why should we care what Iran does or does not do? Same goes with Israel and Turkey and the other 1000+ countries, pseudo-countries, regions, ethnic enclaves, isolated states and pseudo-states, small communities and otherwise free floating itinerant populations on land or sea...

Live and let live...then maybe no one would even concern themselves with nuclear weapons to begin with (yes, I realize what's done is done...just saying hindsight is 20/20 as well as a bitch).

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

What is this rambling? Free Constantinople? Are you serious? That's as unreasonable a desire as forming a Jewish state where none had existed for round about the same amount of time...

...are we all so dilusional we would like to return to 1AD borders or Old Testament borders...or what? If so, get those nasty Hungarians back to the Ukraine and kick those damn Navajos out of Arizona and back to Canada where they belong. ...and I guess Washington knows what it needs to do...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thank you for shaing.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

FOXMULDER147
"Israel is like a spoiled brat who hides behind a bully. Quite frankly, if it wasn't for the innocent lives that would be lost, I'd be happy for that "country" to be wiped off the map. And then given back to the Arabs, who's land it is anyway..."

You should research actual history. And FYI Fox Mulder is Jewish, in real life.

Palestine is a Geographical Area, Not a Nationality .

Arabs, the UN and its organs, and lately the International Court of Justice (ICJ) as well, have repeatedly claimed that the Palestinians are a native people – so much so that almost everyone takes it for granted. The problem is that a stateless Palestinian people is a fabrication. The word Palestine is not even Arabic.12

In a report by His Majesty’s Government in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to the Council of the League of Nations on the administration of Palestine and Trans-Jordan for the year 1938, the British made it clear: Palestine is not a State, it is the name of a geographical area.

www.mythsandfacts.com...

MYTH

“Palestine was always an Arab country.”

FACT

The term "Palestine" is believed to be derived from the Philistines, an Aegean people who, in the 12th Century B.C.E., settled along the Mediterranean coastal plain of what are now Israel and the Gaza Strip. In the second century C.E., after crushing the last Jewish revolt, the Romans first applied the name Palaestina to Judea (the southern portion of what is now called the West Bank) in an attempt to minimize Jewish identification with the land of Israel. The Arabic word "Filastin" is derived from this Latin name.3

The Hebrews entered the Land of Israel about 1300 B.C.E., living under a tribal confederation until being united under the first monarch, King Saul. The second king, David, established Jerusalem as the capital around 1000 B.C.E. David's son, Solomon built the Temple soon thereafter and consolidated the military, administrative and religious functions of the kingdom. The nation was divided under Solomon's son, with the northern kingdom (Israel) lasting until 722 B.C.E., when the Assyrians destroyed it, and the southern kingdom (Judah) surviving until the Babylonian conquest in 586 B.C.E. The Jewish people enjoyed brief periods of sovereignty afterward before most Jews were finally driven from their homeland in 135 C.E.

Jewish independence in the Land of Israel lasted for more than 400 years. This is much longer than Americans have enjoyed independence in what has become known as the United States.4 In fact, if not for foreign conquerors, Israel would be 3,000 years old today.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

What is this rambling? Free Constantinople? Are you serious? That's as unreasonable a desire as forming a Jewish state where none had existed for round about the same amount of time...

So, you are trying to draw arbitrary demarcations in time to support your opinion.

The fact is “free Constantinople!” has just as much validity as “Free Palestine!” Well, even more so because Constantinople was a universally recognized entity before the turks took it over. Something that Palestine never was.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Free Constantinople!

1,100 of muslim occupation is enough.

We should be doing everything we can to bring down the Turks and reducing their influence in the region. All the Turks can offer is increased Islam and increased Jihad.

The Turks played their hand when they refused American's access to the northern region of Iraq during the total beat down of Saddam Hussein. America now enjoys full functional control of Iraq.

The Turks will soon feel similar pain as America's new policy of "Git Mo" is implemented in their region. Internal unrest with cause Turkey to collapse into general anarchy and unrest. Israel and America work in concert to increase unrest in muslim controlled areas.

Git Mo or "Get Mohammed" is a policy not a place. The Turks will lose.

LOL

Seriously..This guy managed to reach more than thousand posts without getting banned? Mods here might have overlooked something.
edit on 9-1-2012 by deccal because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2012 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by kwell

Revelation 3:9

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

^ Current day Israel.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

No you are wrong. The synagogue of Satan is Israel after the Anti-Christ takes control over them and most of the people their believe his BS. This happens after the Gog-Magog war, witch the Anti-Christ makes peace from.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Turkey looks and sounds like a lost kid. They are quick to have no friends in any fight with their remarks. They have come out against everyone lately. They are balls deep in the problems with fighting Syria yet keep antagonizing Israel who has not done anything to them. Turkey does not stand a chance if U.S. forces left the bases there. They are strong conventionally but so is Israel and they have God and nukes.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join