It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey says it is prepared for possibility of war with Israel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

. . .It'll wear off with a diplomatic sizzle. . .
With Turkey, yes, but meanwhile, Syria will get it.
A lot of people don't think about it but Antioch is the birthplace of Christianity and still is the center of a strong community in the Middle-east. I think the country will end up like what happened to Lebanon, where the Christians are killed or driven out.

edit on 14-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by demoncleaner
reply to post by kwell

You see I never got that part of the Bible. So we are supposed to bless Israel even though they murder innocent people and have such inhumane practices as apartheid?

Does God really expect you to love and support these murderers? If so God doesnt care about humanity and I cant believe that a God who is all about love would protect murderers and smite those that stand up to them.

The Jewish people have never been able to live in peace because they are surrounded by their enemies. They have had constant terror attacks. The terrorist won't let them live in peace.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Yazman

Magog actually fits Turkey better than Russia.

The name was an ancient term for primitive northern tribes that would attack the Babylonian and Persian Empires, a people from the steppes of central asia. This fits the history of the Turkish peoples.

Josephus identified them with the Scythians, horse riding nomads of the central Asian steppe. Scythian territory included the Altai Mountains, the ancestral homeland of the Turks.

Also note that Gog, prince of Magog is also prince of Meshech and Tubal. Meshech and Tubal are traditionally associated with the Caucasus, with the Georgians and Armenians.

The idea that Magog equals Russia, was a creation of the Cold War, primarily by US churches. Popularized thanks to Hal Lindsey in the 1970s. Magog though fits the Turks far better in terms of history and ancestry.
edit on 14/9/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
REPLY TO POST BY AIM64C:
I used to be the biggest supporter of Israel but that was before the internet so all I knew was the propaganda that you can get through controlled media. Now I understand who they are and what they are doing.

Do you really understand the propaganda? Our country has been taken over from within and they do not support Israel. Our media has been taken over also along with everything else. They are trying to turn you against Israel. Let's look at time magazine for an example.....

www.time.com...

www.time.com...

edit on 14-9-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't hate turkey or israel or anti-semites or zionists. I don't want a war. I don't have a religion or a god or a faith. I don't believe that there's anything supernatural in the Quran or the Bible or the Torah or any of the of the other religious texts in the world. Faith is a crutch that people lean on when they're weak. Faith is what we lean on when a loved one dies or when we contemplate mortality or when things just go to hell. Faith gives us strength when we're not sure we even have it. Faith isn't all bad, but I try to not even have faith. The closest thing to a bible for me is science, but I don't worship science. In any case, if Israel has done wrong then I want that to be known and I want justice to be served. If Palestinians or those from Turkey have done wrong then I want justice to be served as well. I want there to be real and lasting peace. I won't pick up a gun because a leader tells me to. I'd rather be shot. I'll pick up a gun when it's clear to me what's the right thing to do or when I have no other choice. I am an individual. I will not kill another unless it's clear to ME that I must. I do not follow orders. Leaders are human. Period.

If there is a god then god knows how I truly feel. That's all that matters. God can judge me.
edit on 14-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Do you really understand the propaganda? Our country has been taken over from within and they do not support Israel. Our media has been taken over also along with everything else. They are trying to turn you against Israel. Let's look at time magazine for an example.....
I have no idea what you are talking about.
The article you linked to just says that Israel has peace already, so don't care about making any deals with the Palestinians.
That is not propaganda to make Americans not like Israel.
It is propaganda to make Americans not care about making any deals with the Palestinians, either.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Are not the vast majority of Israelis born residents of the land they inhabit?

yes, im sure they are..... i'm not expecting you to move, 2 wrongs won't make a right, but it doesn't change the fact that you're living on stolen land and that many people had to die for you to have that luxory.

plus, it wasn't like it was a one off we can blame on people's grandparents, land is being stolen every single day by isreal... what gives? buy your own land, i know people say jews are greedy with money, but killing poor people to save on the cost of land is #ing sick... there's a special place in hell for you!

and dude, i have no hatred for isreal or isrealis. i feel sorry for the innocent people who've been tricked into supporting a clearly very evil state, but I don't blame you or anyone else living in isreal for your governments crimes.

I just want innocent people to stop being killed for land.... simples?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

and dude, i have no hatred for isreal or isrealis. i feel sorry for the innocent people who've been tricked into supporting a clearly very evil state, but I don't blame you or anyone else living in isreal for your governments crimes.

For someone that says that they have no hatred of Israel, you sure don’t show it very well.

That very sentence is contradictory. You don’t hate Israel, but it is an evil state?

I just want innocent people to stop being killed for land.... simples?

Well you best tell turkey, Syria, Egypt and Iran to put a cork in it.

For someone that doesn’t hate Israel, you do your best to twist your logic into knots trying to justify your positions. All the land that all it’s neighbors won through conquest, is perfectly fine, but when Israel won land through battle, then it’s occupied. People say, “This is a new enlightened age, and winning land through battle is no longer acceptable!”
Bull $hit!

I am sure that if one of Israel’s neighbors defeated them through conquest, and declared Israel as Egyptian land, that you would be hunky dory with it!

Laws don’t cease to exist just because they favor a country you don’t like. Laws don’t cease to exist just because it’s 2011 and not 1940.

Your posts are the working definition of double think. Believing two contradictory things at the same time.
And it shows badly.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

You talk about laws? Israel flouts the laws of the UN and the world constantly. They seem to think they are above the law.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo

You talk about laws? Israel flouts the laws of the UN and the world constantly. They seem to think they are above the law.

All those resolutions are based on the idea that the concept of Israel justly taking ownership of land won through battle is invalid.

(IE) Israel has no right to claim ownership of land that it won through battle.

That general working concept is the basses behind all the UN and international resolutions.

That is a working concept that is patently false. That working concept has never been applied to any other country before, or since. And any resolutions based on that concept are complete insanity.

The people passing the laws (the UN) are ignoring a precedent that has existed since written history begun. By doing that, they are showing the same bias you are.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That working concept has never been applied to any other country before, or since.
Then why is Berlin not in Russia?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Israel has always been using it's obfuscations to not sign the NPT. Why you must ask yourself. It calls itself a responsible nation and yet documents suggest it was ready to transfer nuclear weapons to aparteid South Africa. They really are an arrogant and egotistical government as this suggests they think they are above being questioned by the rest of the world. They get angered when pressured with Binyamin Netanyahu even pulling out of meetings for fear of having to conform under pressure.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by nake13

. . .yes they've certainly performed very well against enemies who.in the case of Egypt,did posses comparable military equipment. . .
This is a fallacy used to create this myth of a miracle, for consumption by would-be Christian supporters of Israel. The truth is they had very inferior and inadequate equipment versus what the Israelis had.

Egyptian tank divisions were equiped with the T-55 MBT, at the time,a highly capable weapon and certainly comparable with the Israeli Centurions,but Israels tactical masterstroke was the virtual destruction of the Egyptian Air Force on the ground,before the Israeli tanks rolled.
I'm neither a christian nor a supporter of Israel,but I appreciate half decent battlefield tactics when I see them.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

That was a pre-emptive attack by Israel. If they performed such a blitzkrieg against Turkey, would the Turks retaliate with total warfare? They have industrial capabilities that Egypt never did.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nake13

reply to post by nake13

. . .yes they've certainly performed very well against enemies who.in the case of Egypt,did posses comparable military equipment. . .
This is a fallacy used to create this myth of a miracle, for consumption by would-be Christian supporters of Israel. The truth is they had very inferior and inadequate equipment versus what the Israelis had.

Egyptian tank divisions were equiped with the T-55 MBT, at the time,a highly capable weapon and certainly comparable with the Israeli Centurions,but Israels tactical masterstroke was the virtual destruction of the Egyptian Air Force on the ground,before the Israeli tanks rolled.
I'm neither a christian nor a supporter of Israel,but I appreciate half decent battlefield tactics when I see them.
I am not a military expert on tank warfare but I have heard good arguments that the equipment the Egyptians had was in bad shape and they were very badly under-supplied.
The thing is to me that people present what happened as if it was this master conspiracy which was well planned and carried out by the Muslims against Israel, when they may have been bated into it when the Israelis knew they were not prepared.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by nake13

That was a pre-emptive attack by Israel. If they performed such a blitzkrieg against Turkey, would the Turks retaliate with total warfare? They have industrial capabilities that Egypt never did.

Would Israel be able to launch such a pre-emptive strike on the scale as that against Egypt against a nation such as Turkey with their sophisticated early warning systems though? I personally do not believe that either side would be capable of inflicting such an initial knock out blow in the face of a sophisticated array of air defence systems.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

but it doesn't change the fact that you're living on stolen land and that many people had to die for you to have that luxory.

I am niether for nor against Israel but lets face it...

This sentance could describe the vast majority of USA and come to think of it...most of the entire world tbh

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

That working concept has never been applied to any other country before, or since.
Then why is Berlin not in Russia?

Talk about someone needing to read the history books.

Because the US Great Britain, and France had occupied the eastern portion, and they were not going to let it go without a fight.

The Russians had captured all the area around the city when the war ended, but they did not control the eastern part of the city. The Russians tried to starve them into capitulation. (Because they had them surrounded.) Thus started the great Berlin air lift.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I think that the main problem with the Egyptian army was that although they had some quite decent modern (for the time)equipment,they were poorly trained(or rather had a different attitude to training than we would recognise).

The Soviet advisors,for example,who trained their pilots and tank crews on Soviet equipment complained that the Egyptians were virtually untrainable due to their inability to grasp some of the technical concepts of operating complex military equipment.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You don’t hate Israel, but it is an evil state?

His hate has no direct influence over their evil characteristics. Whether they are evil or not isn't up to him.
Sure he can say it one way or the other but their actions speak louder than his words.

It's a truth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join