It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey says it is prepared for possibility of war with Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Yes the Bible does say Turkey will also be part of that war. They will be cleaning up their body parts and weapons also.

Ezekiel 38 - 39 . . .

The Bible warns Iran (Persia), with Russia ('Magog'), and a coalition of allies (including Turkey and Sudan) will go to war, and will attack and will invade Israel. In Ezekiel 38-39 the Bible warns this coming war between Iran (Persia) and Israel will take place sometime after Israel has been re-gathered into Her land as a nation (which was fulfilled on May 14, 1948)

See, stuff like this really deserves closer scrutiny and criticism. The Bible does not say Iran, Russia, Turkey & Sudan will invade Israel, it says Persia & Magog. That you interpret that to mean Russia, Iran, Turkey, Sudan et al doesn't necessarily make it so - it's just a far-reaching conclusion based on little of substance.

Not to mention saying "Magog" is Russia is extremely far-reaching itself.. based on nothing of substance. Throughout history almost everybody and his dog has been called "Magog" - from the Huns to the Mongols, from Jews in general to Nazi Germany, from the USA to yes, Russia.

If you're going to make a post linking bible passages to the topic in future you should be careful about claiming them to be factual, particularly when we know that the Bible does not in fact make such claims.

It's you making the claims about Turkey, Russia, et al. Not Ezekiel.
edit on 14/9/11 by Yazman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
stupidity. look it up, it is in their.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

where you were born, or where you can afford to buy.

keep your thieving, dirty hands off other people's land.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

2000 years too late pal.

you left the chair area.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
The Bible tells us that every country in the world will be against Israel as it is now.... Zechariah 12:3 In that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces. though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

I will tell you how the rest will play out....Russia and Iran with some of their other buddies come against Israel in a major attack. God is going to miraculously protect Israel. All that come against it will be destroyed. They will be cleaning up dead bodies for 7 months and burning their weapons for 7 years.

It also tells us they will declare a palestinian state but there will be nothing there.

It also tells us when they attempt to divide Gods land Israel that His wrath is coming....7 year tribulation.

It also tells us if you bless Israel you will be blessed, if you curse Israel, you will be cursed.

It also tells us that Damascus is going to be made desolate, never to be inhabited again....sounds nuclear to me.

I curse Israel and any minor god that thinks it can protect it and favour one race of human over any other. I spit on that theology, that religion, and anyone that thinks so.

And I'm perfectly at peace with the universe. Anyone who thinks Israel is protected, and should be protected and favoured by a God is very small minded and has a long way to go in their spiritual development.

If things play out according to the Bible it will just be because people are making things play out acording to the Bible. No god will be involved.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
I curse Israel and any minor god that thinks it can protect it and favour one race of human over any other. I spit on that theology, that religion, and anyone that thinks so.

And you say others are short minded..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

No, I said they were small minded. Nice try though.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Short or small.. lol, get real! Guess that's the difference if english isn't my native language and i translate what i want to say straight from the dutch word "kortzichtigheid"..

On topic now, I don't think anything will happen. Too much at stake for both sides to start anything dramatic. It'll wear off with a diplomatic sizzle (if thats how you call it..
).

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I am not concerned with whether Turkey can beat Israel.

What concerns me is, like the previous two world wars, there are so many layers of allegiances and strategic plans that if a battle begins it will expand and draw all of us into it.

That's where this gets scary.

I have long said that the major issue in the world today is that the Western/European/developed nations fought the first two wars and for the most part settled things. Now we have the rest of the world catching up...with many of the same problems we had then...except they have access to weapons that are orders of magnitude beyond what we had/used in the early 20th century.

There are also very long standing grudges that we ignorantly brush aside as ancient history.

They aren't.

One of the things that concerns me the most about the disaster in Japan is the fact that one of the reactors used plutonium. It was realized decades ago that plutonium was a poor choice for reactors; the only thing you got any amount of was...more plutonium.

Do you think Japan has forgotten Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Not likely.

Being as out-spoken as the Japanese are against nukes I have to question why they need a system for producing large amounts of high quality plutonium. There are only really two uses for it...bombs and radioactive-decay power cells for deep space probes.

I'm not hearing enough talk about deep space to require that scale of production.

This 'peace' that we see around us is as tenuous as a shadow on a city road and can be destroyed just as easily. There are too many scores begging to be settled, some old, some much more recent. If a war between major regional powers begins it may be just the catalyst others have been waiting for to take long prepared actions against whomever they feel the need to get even with.

The US is the only super power today because the USSR was unsustainable, twenty-ish years later and the US is unsustainable. With the sun setting on the US WW3 becomes even more likely as they are not what they once were and if the conflict gets big enough fast enough it will be uncontainable.

The US cannot fight a war on every front.

I fear that we are not heading for a clearly defined WW3 like the two before it. I am concerned that we are heading for a free-for-all where the 'victor' is whatever nation isn't a total smoking ruin.

Turkey vs Israel?

More like match vs wheat field.

edit on 14-9-2011 by [davinci] because: Form

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This is an interesting scenario. Turkey is a member of NATO. They have a superior military to Israel. They are a democracy with a Muslim majority BUT does the government make the final decisions? The military has stepped in more than once if they think the government is going down the wrong path. All in all, not a good scenario or one that is easily prognosticated.

Wow, you have no idea what you're talking about. Care to back up your completely baseless claim? Don't let me get in the way of your little Jews hating thread though.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Having just read this thread & reading all the arguements I dont' understand how come no one has mentioned Cyprus in all of this, The Gaza Floatilla was last year! ( This was a terrible, terrible thing) how come Turkey didn't cut tie's with Isreal at that time? how come they did this at the begining of Sept when Cyprus is due to start oil exploration drilling in 3 weeks time? and have threatened Cyprus also. This has nothing to do with the Gaza floatilla and everything to do with OIL again!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by SirClem

isreal has been fighting the odds for decades

and guess what? they are still there i wouldnt ever count them out.

Yes they've certainly performed very well against enemies who.in the case of Egypt,did posses comparable military equipment,Israeli tactics were superior on that occasion.

Israel have also shown themselves to be more than capable of coping with an enemy who are armed with little more than rocks and home made rockets,however,a campaign against a nation who for decades have benefited from NATO training,rearmament and tactics? regardless of whatever treaties Turkey may have brokered with other nations in the event of a conflict with Israel.I'm not so sure.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

where you were born, or where you can afford to buy.

Are not the vast majority of Israelis born residents of the land they inhabit?

At what point does it become acceptable to declare someone's only place of residence an invalid qualifier?

keep your thieving, dirty hands off other people's land.

You're applying a double-standard that serves only to try and justify your own baseless judgment. You simply don't like Israel, but you have to make it sound as though you have some kind of logical backing.

There is none. Israel was founded by the allied nations following the conclusion of the war in Europe. Most of the Middle East, at the time, was British territory.

If some old guy somewhere, in his twilight years, puts in his will that his estate will be divided and that my grandparents will inherit a house that once belonged to a few tenant families following their relocation... can the grandchildren of those tenant families be logically justified in their hatred of me?

No. It wasn't me who evicted their grandparents, and I am simply living where I started living.

Just admit that you have no logical basis for your feelings, and that you just don't like Israel. At least then you can be shown some respect for being honest.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

You simply don't like Israel, but you have to make it sound as though you have some kind of logical backing.
This is the fall-back, just like I suppose if someone does not like Obama, they are racist.
Can you give an explanation for this mysterious "hatred" of Israel that seemingly comes out of nowhere?
I used to be the biggest supporter of Israel but that was before the internet so all I knew was the propaganda that you can get through controlled media. Now I understand who they are and what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Israel is like a spoiled brat who hides behind a bully. Quite frankly, if it wasn't for the innocent lives that would be lost, I'd be happy for that "country" to be wiped off the map. And then given back to the Arabs, who's land it is anyway...

Whose land?

Turkey controlled the region for 400 years before the British and French destroyed the Ottoman Empire.

They took it from the Arabs of course, who had been there for hundreds of years.

The Arabs took it from the Byzantines(Eastern Romans) and the Greeks. The Greeks had been in the region since Alexander. The Romans came in a few hundred years later. Combined they controlled the region for close to 1400 years.

Prior to that you have the Assyrians, Chaldeans and Copts, all who are very small minorities now.

Its not a clear cut issue.
edit on 14/9/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

. . .yes they've certainly performed very well against enemies who.in the case of Egypt,did posses comparable military equipment. . .
This is a fallacy used to create this myth of a miracle, for consumption by would-be Christian supporters of Israel. The truth is they had very inferior and inadequate equipment versus what the Israelis had.
edit on 14-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Honestly, how do you come to a conclusion like that? "Smoke Israel"? Sounds a little like your already drooling over the prospect of a middle-eastern attack on Israel.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

. . .your little Jews hating thread. . .
Pointing out the criminality of a rouge and pirate "nation" does not mean people are some sort of bigot against Jews.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

. . .there are so many layers of allegiances and strategic plans. . .
Lord Rothschild's country. Someone's pet, but someone with a lot of leverage on the policy makers.
The political system is corrupted by this system where countless millions get spent on election campaigns and only those who fall in line with the money power agenda get the support they need, and if they dare to step out of line, they get hit in their controlled media.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
this has more to do with water, oil and the newly found eastern mediterranean gas pockets than religion or any political doctrine

you silly people

keep getting distracted by pages from an
outdated book

and forget that all conflicts are much more based on resource control than anything else

religion and ideology are just excuses to say

those people have something we want, we must fight and take it

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join