It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey says it is prepared for possibility of war with Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Gods chosen huh,tel aviv israel has the largest number of whore houses of any city in the world,yea Im sure god is going to put the hammer down to protect them,wake up pal.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Israel is like a spoiled brat who hides behind a bully. Quite frankly, if it wasn't for the innocent lives that would be lost, I'd be happy for that "country" to be wiped off the map. And then given back to the Arabs, who's land it is anyway...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Israel was founded by banksters, and they employed terrorists to carry out their agenda.
This will not end well. In fact, many people are planning on it NOT ending well. Shame we don't all have the resources to survive the psychopaths.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

i didnt know in the bible that the jews are gods chosen people, but i do know that it says that they get a free ride into heaven for their stupidity. look it up, it is in their.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i wouldnt count out isreal

they have always been outnumbered and fought numerous multi front wars

they have been fighting for decades and theres more to winning a war than just all the cool toys

expeirence something turkey lacks.

the nato element would be interesting but im telling people this turkey may try to drag nato into it

but it wont ever happen turkey would get shut off.
edit on 13-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So far I see a lot of overzealous verbal showboating by some members but in a real world conflict between the two. I wouldn't put ANYTHING past Israel esp their air force.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Turkey will not act alone, they aren't stupid. This chess game, and that is what it is, is always interesting but rarely deadly to the key players, the Kings and Queens.
They are positioning their pieces, but Israel is WAY too spread out. They don't have enough pieces on the board, and the U.S. has major problems which means Israel does too. Bottom line, I believe Turkey knows how many pieces are left on the board, and they like their odds.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

yeah well the quickest way to defeat

is underestimating the enemy.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

True.
And please note, that I never said that I liked their odds. I don't know what THEY know, whom has signed on, what agreements were made, etc.
I do feel a shift in the air. Israel will be backpedaling, mark my words. It may be after they do something really destructive, probably will be, but they are facing major blowback.
IMO.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

isreal has been fighting the odds for decades

and guess what? they are still there i wouldnt ever count them out.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

. . .attempt to divide Gods land Israel. . .
That is one god of one tribe, always been, always will be. Other gods of other people claim the same land. If you support one claim over another, you are worshiping those people and their particular tribal god, and you get nothing if you do not belong to that tribe. They might tell you that it is your god too, up until the moment you try to set foot on Their land. Then you find out the joke was on you. It is just the private property of those who fooled you into supporting their wars.

edit on 13-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They had a really strong and near universally supportive United States of America for decades.
They don't have that anymore. Not even close.
The landscape has changed, it is best to become aware of the implications.
That is all I will say, but I have enjoyed the exchange.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
geez...
there's so much to do in this short life of ours, so much to learn, to experience, to enjoy...
It's so frustrating to EVERY DAY read about some random country shouting their willingness to send people to kill and die to another random country...
cue Bill Hicks...
/mini-rant over

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Do not discount Israel. Nearly the whole population is military trained, then there is the military itself, which, unlike in Gaza or like recently in the Lebenon, will not hold back this time. They used guided weapons and limited attacks to reduce civillian casualties. They would not do that if attacked.

Turkey may have a huge military, but Israel could very easily nuke it off the map. Egypt and syria too.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't think anyone believes that Israel could beat the combined armies of Turkey, Egypt, Syria and others using only conventional forces. All of these countries HAVE to know that Israel WILL use nuclear weapons if they are in danger of destruction.

Why would you provoke a conflict that you know could cause the destruction of your own country? The doctrine of Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD) really should apply here. The fact that one side has nuclear weapons and the other side has overwhelming conventional weapons doesn't change the formula.

We should also remember that Israel has several submarines that carry nuclear missiles. Even Russia or China would not be safe if they attacked Israel. Until those submarines were found and destroyed they could show up off any coast in the world and launch their missiles.

I would also bet a lot of money that Israel has detailed contingency plans for what would happen if their homeland was destroyed. Those submarines as well as special units all over the world probably have standing orders to exact a horrible retribution on whoever fought against them.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The Turks are playing with a hornet nest. They should leave it alone or they will get stung. Israel has the right to self defense. And if I were them, I would nuke Turkey if they attacked.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

There is only one God and He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The land belongs to God and the true Jewish people. Anyone remember the six day war? Truly miraculous and it had God's signature all over it. God will continue to defend Israel. Do you find it strange that Israel is so tiny but all the eyes of the world are focused on it and against it. Just like the Bible said it would be in the last days. The Bible also told us that the Jews would come back into their land and nobody thought that was possible but in 1948 just like the Bible said, they were back in their land. Here is a chart of the 6 day war.... www.sonoma.edu... All that burden themselves with Israel will be cut to pieces.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Then the rest of the world belongs to the various Gods of the various cultures- anyone who harbors the belief they are religiously entitled to a piece of this earth due to their 'God' is way off track. If that is the case then, none of us belong anywhere except the lands of our ancestors. I do not belong on Australian soil because it is the rightful land of the aboriginal peoples..but that's the world we live in.

As for the next actions..who knows, it's like a game of political and militaristic twister- when somebody spins the wheel and has to put their right hand on a red dot they best hope with all might that an unfriendly hand isn't also occupying that spot.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
History has something to say regarding the relative wisdom of launching an invasion against Israel. If you're an Arab - you're going to get owned and end up losing ground to Israel (a pretty pathetic display, actually).

Just saying... people have been tooting the same horn for a long time about the Arabs being justified in having "their" land back (the people living and working on that land are going to disagree). The Arabs have launched multiple joint-offensives to try and remove Israel. It ended in some of the most humiliating military defeats in modern times with Israel -growing- its borders following an attempt to invade.

Militarily, I'm not concerned about Israel's future. There's not a military power in the region with enough competence to be of much concern.

The real issue, however, is a public relations one. It's a war Israel is simply not able to combat - a "hearts and minds" strategy in which sentiments are being colored against Israel (granted - Israel has been neglecting this aspect of their policies). People here blame Israel for a number of problems that have nothing to do with Israel (and they aren't anti-Semites, they simply have been fed a line of garbage and accepted it as valuable).

However, at the end of the day, I would rather deal with Israel. If there can only be one - I side with Israel and fully support a glassing of the Middle East via strategic nuclear bombardment.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
An interesting scenario; Turkey is also a nuclear-armed nation. It has NATO nuclear armaments! Moreover, the attack on the Gaza flotilla was and could easily be interpreted as an attack on Turkish sovereignty. This means that, as with Al Qaeda's attack on the WTC, it constitutes an act of war against NATO in general. America is morally obliged to support Israel, but they are legally and strategically obliged to support Turkey.

Laffs, I started writing this post before seeing Intrepid's: psychic twins OO ee OOO eee

This scenario reminds me of (indulge me) 1938 Europe. Stalin had recently purged his military of anti-government officers, leaving the Red Army weakened compared to its chief rival, the strict and well-disciplined Wehrmacht. Likewise, the Turkish army may be weakened relative to the well-ordered Israeli Defense Force.

An interesting aside that makes this analogy so much better: Wehrmacht is German for defence force. The Israeli Defence Force, official army of Israel, is the Israel Wehrmacht.

Like 1930s Germany, Israel is a nation that depends heavily on imports of fuel and material to make its war efforts possible. Its chief weapon in all cases is a tenacious racial nationalism; Israel for Jews, just as Hitler had Germany for Germans.

Like 1930s Russia, Turkey has one of the few growing economies in the world. It is developing at a rapid pace and previously sought acceptance among the other nations, but has recently turned its back on the path of European Unification.

I predict that, were a war to break out between these nations, then the Israelis would make strong early advances with their superior ground forces and air support. They may even penetrate into Turkey itself. However, I see the problem of the Turkish military purge fading away the longer they fight, and their novice officers gain experience in the field. As with the Red Army and the USSR, their materiel supply and command structure will become ever-stronger as the war progresses due to wartime investment and development. Israel, on the other hand, will suffer from embargo, bankruptcy, and alienation leading to the decline in their own supplies and the concurrent decline in national morale. The longer the war draws out, the more likely it becomes that a nation of 80 million Turks will emerge victorious.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join