It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Acres of New Land Rises in Russia (I Mean Was Ceated by God...Excuse Me)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You might find this a little out there, but there are people who believe the City of Atlantis was located where the Sea of Azov is...thus explaining why it is the shallowest sea on earth:

The tragic destruction of Atlantis created the Sea of Azov, which is the shallowest sea in the world, with a current maximum depth of only 13 meters. The Atlantis Motherland book reveals that the Sea of Azov area conforms in every detail to the description recorded in the records of Atlantis.

The City of Atlantis, located near the southern shore, was destroyed by the earthquake, but it did not sink. The city of Kerch, Crimea, Ukraine now stands on the exact spot where the mighty City of Atlantis once stood. A hill by the side of the sea, called Mithridat Hill, rises up in the exact center of the ancient Metropolis of Atlantis.

I know, this is just one of a gazillion places people thought Atlantis was located. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

link: atmo.info...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Interesting. Of course if land can rise and fall like this, as per the OP article, then obviously the geology is there for such a thing to happen. Maybe Atlantis just sunk instead. Never can tell what the good Lord is up to...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

sometimes the good Lord doesn't want us to know what he's up to!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Maybe it did. The video and article was in a foreign language and translated, but I don't remember them mentioning any EQ's. Maybe it just hasn't been reported yet or so subtle no one noticed, yet you would think a seizmo would pick it up? Or maybe it's a new volcano rising from the sea? It's a question for those with more knowledge than I have in that area of expertise

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Well interestingly, I cannot find one single seismograph station on any network right at the Sea of Azov. There are some around the Black Sea, which is connected. I am trying to see if any quakes have been detected in the Sea of Azov area in the last week to associate with this event. So far no luck. If anyone can come up with some seismic data for that location, it would help.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This should be a sign to us, earth changes are for real.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

The continent or isle of Atlantis, and the one of Mu, which the Okanagan natives actually have a legend from escaping its destruction and are said to the white Natives, having come from tall white magical blonds, to me is possibly the continental joiners between the land masses. Ie. the broken apart land masses occurred through earth changes and trauma, and supposedly drift. They fit together mind you, in parts. And I believe Atlantis is the land mass between the Europe and the middle east, not to mention parts of it, between North America and Europe, and off South America even, that side of the map.

Mu is the Pacific version. So not really just one area, but the area in various regions in the Pacific side.

So seen in that way, this could be true of Russia as well. I'm sure it had some joiners near it.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by TDawgRex
New Volcano? Land just doesn't rise like a elevator. If this is true, that area is in for a &#!t storm. But that's just my gut feeling. It's done me well thus far.

My thought exactly. I read this and thought, "This can't be good." If I lived anywhere around there, I'd keep a bug out bag handy, and keep the tank full!

I hope it's just new land though, it happens.

Don't worry. If anything bad does happen, HAARP will be to blame for it. Nature never does anything bad, only good.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
Another Tunguska event is building it seems.

HuH?
how does that relate?
wow

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Thank you for the thread and reply. Your link helps a bit with context, but that isn't really what I was looking for in info about the importance of the event. Oh well.. S/F to the thread either way because what may not seem critically important now may come back to mind months from now as a small piece that helps something larger make sense.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
How the hell does this event have any ties to creationism? There is no reason to even bring that in to the conversation.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Very interesting. Glad this was posted, however, I'm not sure why there was a need to slander "religion" or "Creationism" in what could have been a very good post based on fact and evidence. The point of this is to get news and interesting stuff out there. By talking down on something (that you really didn't disprove, anyway) you are turning away people that believe in such from reading this great article. Thanks for sharing, nonetheless.

It is amazing how much our Earth seems to be changing lately. Randomly placed earthquakes, land sinking, land rising, rumbling noises that go unexplained, etc...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePawnsTheory
Very interesting. Glad this was posted, however, I'm not sure why there was a need to slander "religion" or "Creationism" in what could have been a very good post based on fact and evidence. The point of this is to get news and interesting stuff out there. By talking down on something (that you really didn't disprove, anyway) you are turning away people that believe in such from reading this great article. Thanks for sharing, nonetheless.

Not slandering. Questioning!

I question evolution as much as I do religion. And the healthy debate still rages within. But for me, the 2004 massive earthquake and Tsunami in Sumatra, and the recent events in Japan are pointing more towards the movement of tectonic plates than a waiving of a Godly (or Satanic) hand.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

HuH?
how does that relate?
wow

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.....

Somehow land rising from a sea will attract a meteor or comet to blow up above a vast forest?

"Today a fly landed on my big toe"

"Another Tunguska event is building it seems"

Seems to make just as much sense

edit on 13-9-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiderbadarse
How the hell does this event have any ties to creationism? There is no reason to even bring that in to the conversation.

Well, considering this provides even more proof of an evolving geologic record, it is the perfect place to raise the question.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Something about this story actually
brings back some vague memory of the expanding earth theory...

I'm not too versed in the Expanding Earth Theory...

But to me this is perhaps a clue to give it a lil more reason of being true...

Thanks for posting this TA
SnF
Dude...new land rising does not mean it was created out of thin air...it has simply been pushed up, it was always there. It does not suggest the Earth is "expanding".

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Just wait, soon ATLANTIS will rise...the planet is basically a teeter totter, one side comes up as the other side sinks

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

HuH?
how does that relate?
wow

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.....

Somehow land rising from a sea will attract a meteor or comet to blow up above a vast forest?

"Today a fly landed on my big toe"

"Another Tunguska event is building it seems"

Seems to make just as much sense

edit on 13-9-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

So Tunguska was the event of a comet eh? I guess we learn something new everyday...

*hint at the sarcasm*
edit on 14-9-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The Russian news article does offer an explanation:

Scientists suggest that the cause of the "new lands" have awakened the mud volcanoes, and seismologists have carefully calculate the probability of earthquakes, arguing that the population has no reason to panic.

And furthermore, the region is well known for its mud volcanoes. Specifically the very peninsular where this 'new land' appeared. So it sounds to me like that's just what has happened - a small mud volcano erupted near the coast and the resultant mud flow formed a small area of 'new land'.

The mud volcanoes make a so-called visiting card of Tamanasky peninsula. All people know about the medical properties of the mud. There are 42 volcanoes located here, including some active volcanoes among them, the extinct volcanoes, and the temporarily active ones.

www.kurortkuban.ru...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Pretty interesting, but no S&F for trying to be a toughman and slyly slandering creationism.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join