It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 14-year-old boy got into a fight at a school bus stop and the police officer responded by shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

She says the cop had been reprimanded 16 times in the previous 4 years, suspended without pay 5 times, and "recommended for termination for insubordination," but the school kept him on the force "without remedial training."

This guy sounds like a disaster that should have been removed from service a LONG time ago. It's guys like this that give the respectable officers a tarnished name. Normally i stick up for police, when they're in the right, but this guy was way out of his mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

A gangster Mexican shot and killed from El Paso. I don't really care. He was going to a school for kids who are messed up. I believe the officer that the boy charged him and I believe he had every right to shoot the crap out of this kid. He witnessed the assault and he yelled for the boy to stop. He ran. That is suspicious enough that he would run. I have a feeling this kid was known for 5h'teaetALSAasfhl'dgjl vxczdg7\85

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yet, people still trust the police.

Shame.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This incident happened in my neighborhood. I would like to address a few of the comments.
"It was a simple fight at a bus stop" - according to the initial reports it was a very violent assault. I have personally seen some of these fights and the level of violence can be staggering. This area has a LOT of gang activity, and these are not just neighborhood gangs. Many of these kids are affiliated with the Mexican Mafia.
"Why do school districts have a police force" and "Why do they carry guns" - See the above. They carry guns because the kids carry knives and guns; usually better ones than the cops.
According to the initial reports this "child" had a long history of violent behavior, was attending an "alternative" school (what used to be called reform school), and was well known to police.
While I admit a taser would have been preferable, I don't know if the officer had that option. Was the shooting justified? I don't know; I WAS NOT THERE, and NEITHER were YOU. Unless you were, then you can not say.
People in America will sue over anything - I was once sued (as a paramedic) because a young girl had gone into a coma following a head injury. This was by the parents who REFUSED ambulance transport to the hospital, and who, after being told she needed to go immediately (sleepy, projectile vomiting, dilated pupils) waited several hours until all the Little League Baseball games were over for the day.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So by your reasoning if the kid had'nt ran away the officer would still have shot him? Come on get real, the kids lack of respect for authority put him in the position he was in when he was killed. Yeah sure the officer was wrong, well so was'nt the kid.

As for my own children they would'nt have run away from the police officer because i've raised them better than that, they have respect for law enforcment officers. Now maybe you've raised your children to run away everytime they see a police officer and this behavior is normal for you and your family. But the vast majority of sane people in this country don't and that is the basis of this new invention of ours called society. Maybe you should think about joining in sometime.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

the kids lack of respect for authority put him in the position he was in when he was killed.
Agreed.

Still not enough reason for a summary execution in these United States.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

No offense intended, I wasn't trying to imply IT techs have no bravery. I was just trying to suggest that these Tyranny Enforcement Officers know the dangers they face when they signed up for the job and if they lack the fortitude to act in a manner that is consistent with the dangers they face then they should get a job that doesn't require as much risk.

I was aware of the dangers that were facing me when I opted to go into a SWG Operator group in the Navy but that didn't mean that I ran around like an armed lunatic on a heroin high. A title of authority does not invoke pwer, it instills responsibility and these cops in our modern society have no grasp of this concept.

I am sick and friggin tired of hearing that they "feared for their lives" every time theytake a life or harm someone with excessive force. If they want to play army so bad they should have went in, but my guess is that 90% of the lazy a$$ doughnut eaters either couldn't pass the physical training or were to cowardly to do so. If they want to talk about "fear for their lives" try going up against some suspects that are known to be armed and just waiting for the opportunity to see yo scurry between sand dunes or pop your head around a wall like our service members do on a daily basis, then tell me about fearing for their lives.

I would love to have had this coward with me where I was with some other sof's on the night of March 20th 2003 when I was in Bagdad, of course I don't think their would have been enough room in my ALICE pack for all the diapers I would need to carry for him.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." Thomas Jefferson. This quote sums up the situation we are in at the present time in our nation, tyranny has taken hold and we will see revolution before this changes.

edit on 16-9-2011 by Nucleardiver because: spelling

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join